Gears, beers and slices..

Sunday is coming up way too fast (or how many O-cup racers haven't seen dirt yet?)

Oh man...this isn't good. Unless I can find something - anything - Sunday at Mansfield is gonna hurt worse than a morning after suicide wings.

I can't recall ever having started an O-cup season without being on the trails yet. It's gonna be ugly, folks.

bi-winning
    You'll be fine.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Gears, beers and slices..
    Optimism is good, but I'm gonna guess that you haven't been up north lately.

I know Mansfield drains fast, but I gotta tell you...it takes a long time for a foot of snow to melt, even with these temps.

mtbr member
    No dirt yet here as well ...

I'm hoping to get in some trail rides next week

mtbr member
    You guys need to hit up the Don asap. I have already logged about 100km in there in the last week and a half. Conditions are great in the majority of the areas. Unfortunately I will be out of the country for the first 2 Ocups.

mtbr member
    I have not seen dirt yet. I have the feeling that my only dirt ride before the O-Cup will be on the Saturday before the race. I need to pre-ride to course to see what SS gearing to use.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    Still no ridable trails around here. I will hopefully get my trail legs next Saturday during the preride.

adventurer
    Try racing at Fromme Mountain , downhill, in the snow! oye! Hey guys, long time no see, it's me, Geoarchaeologist. Sayin' hello from the North Shore where I live now.
    I'm racing a relay in the North Shore Ripper tomorrow morning and I thought of you guys and the ol'forum. (I'm doing the climbing part, naturally haha, but apparently they are rerouting the course to take us climbers downhill because of the snowline - crap! I wasn't planning on pedaling my downhill bike up at all). Anyway, Gonna miss the O'Cup Heaps, since I was just getting into it back in Ontario.
    You guys have nicer weather at the moment than we do, so get out there and ride and enjoy! Cheers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nice to hear from you Geo! Hope you are enjoying your new life out there! Good luck with your relay tomorrow!
    High on Life