Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    No. Just No. Moderator
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,643

    Summer Solstice campsites now posted

    Find out if you're camped next to your buds;

    http://www.chicoracing.com/html/modu...artid=9&page=3

  2. #2
    More than a little slow
    Reputation: dskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip
    Find out if you're camped next to your buds;
    I'm no where near ya this year. Mr Hendershot and Mr Smit are going to keeping a close eye on you eh?
    Cheers, Dave

  3. #3
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,845
    Awesome... ill be racing the 5p category. "Team Powerthirst" cant wait for summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
    Last edited by superlightracer; 03-19-2008 at 06:55 PM.

  4. #4
    No. Just No. Moderator
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    I'm no where near ya this year. Mr Hendershot and Mr Smit are going to keeping a close eye on you eh?
    Campsite? What campsite? Do I ever even get to see one of those?

    In any case, I think I'm going to plan for a first lap broken collarbone this year then just sit back and enjoy the show with a few bevvies for the rest of the weekend.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,491
    I'm posted at the 'Make-out point sites" in a cX campsite. These look to be somewhat far away from transition area/race course. This doesn't bother me as I'm on a tag team and didn't expect to be that close, however there are some Solo people listed in a cX campsites also. I was under the impression all Solo's got to be right near the race course. Is this not the case as there are too many of them? I feel kinda bad for them being that far away (or maybe I'm not reading something correctly and I get to be really close, which would be nice.)

    The other question, there looks to be at least 4 solo's and a few tag teams in a cX (X = 1-7) campsites. From the map, site C is only one spot. Will they be that large to accommodate that many people, tents, gear etc? Anyone with experience in this area.

  6. #6
    More than a little slow
    Reputation: dskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    612
    CptSydor,
    You're in luck. The cX sites are right beside the course as you head out from the transition area ( the kids race normally gets run right through that area ). It's about as close as you can get to the course without having to wear red blinky lights all night. I'm on c5.
    What does the Cpt stand for?
    Cheers, Dave

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,491
    Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    CptSydor,
    You're in luck. The cX sites are right beside the course as you head out from the transition area ( the kids race normally gets run right through that area ). It's about as close as you can get to the course without having to wear red blinky lights all night. I'm on c5.
    What does the Cpt stand for?

    Excellent. I guess I just can't read the maps properly. Good thing the course is marked and doesn't rely on any navigation skills! I'm still trying to recall the exact location, I'm assuming as you climb out of the transition area. I seem to recall people to the left, but for the most part at that point I'm cursing, staring at the ground wondering why I signed up for another lap.

    At the time I created this general user name, I really liked boats and drove them a lot (as a job at one point). It seemed fitting at the time, thought I have no official credentials that label me as a Captain.

  8. #8
    More than a little slow
    Reputation: dskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    612
    Well Cap'n,
    You're thinking about exactly the right place, not much of a climb but definitely the point where the cold hits and the questions form.

    Credentials are overrated.
    Cheers, Dave

  9. #9
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    Credentials are overrated.
    say yee...dave are you even REALLY a doctor? or did you just want to cup my crotch at hot august nights?

    Peter Keiller MISFIT ELITE TEAM Tag Team 59

    that's correct ELITE team...kinda prepares you for the level of competitiveness (or the lack thereof) for the coming year.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,559
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    say yee...dave are you even REALLY a doctor? or did you just want to cup my crotch at hot august nights?

    Peter Keiller MISFIT ELITE TEAM Tag Team 59

    that's correct ELITE team...kinda prepares you for the level of competitiveness (or the lack thereof) for the coming year.
    ELITE huh? Setting some lofty expectations for yourself...Good way to keep yourself motivated. Although I don't expect you had any problems with that.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

    http://www.apexracephotography.com

  11. #11
    More than a little slow
    Reputation: dskunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    612
    Hey Nogs,
    That's cool. You're managing some Elite guys this year? Who did ya get to race for you? You did tell them about the bikes though, right?

    And 'course I'm a docture. Got my credentials from a real expensive mail order place what does brides too. My bride looks a bit like you. I musta got confused at HAN. Sorry 'bout that.

    off topic, that Ti thing of yours looks good. Same geometry as the other tin cans or have you tweaked it a bit?
    Cheers, Dave

  12. #12
    Misfit Psycles
    Reputation: nogearshere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,772
    Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    Hey Nogs,
    That's cool. You're managing some Elite guys this year? Who did ya get to race for you? You did tell them about the bikes though, right?

    And 'course I'm a docture. Got my credentials from a real expensive mail order place what does brides too. My bride looks a bit like you. I musta got confused at HAN. Sorry 'bout that.

    off topic, that Ti thing of yours looks good. Same geometry as the other tin cans or have you tweaked it a bit?
    well you see stinky, the title elite is allocated to the top riders on the particular team...Mark Lepper...it's a given that he is elite but what happens when you have extra jerseys on the team is that riders (such as myself) ordinarily relegated to the B or C teams get the nod for the bigs...until someone better comes along of course. save for lepper, i guess the rest of the elite misfits are kinda like the maple leafs of the NHL...

    same geometry snapper, you'll see the backend of it soooooon enough.

    bring on solstice...bring on sunshine!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

  13. #13
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip
    In any case, I think I'm going to plan for a first lap broken collarbone this year then just sit back and enjoy the show with a few bevvies for the rest of the weekend.
    I believe the old Tri-Flow on the brakes can help you with that.

  14. #14
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,137
    Looks like I'll be chillin' with the Xtreme Trail Riders (6-10 man) again this year (to the right of the expo area).

    Iz gunna b X-treeme!
    Last edited by rkj__; 03-23-2008 at 07:01 PM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.


    Shorthills Cycling Club

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Matt 24 solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    528
    It just snowed again last night. The camping list is almost a teasing with the thought of the race and seeing dirt again.

    Mr. Stowe has some tough competition again this year in the over 40 class.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •