huh?

spring show deals?

are there really any good deals at the spring show? i don't recall seeing anything that good a price before
    this year i'm looking for a new helmet and clipless pedals, should i wait or just buy them online

Avenger of Evil
    The "Spring Show" is where I usually find the best deals.
    Last year I picked up a Camelbak Mule for $45.00 (less than a new bladder). A Remedy full face helmet for $80.00. 2 sets of Crank Bros. pedals for $45.00 ea.
    My friend picked up a SC Blur with full XT build for $2300.
    Lots of good tire deals also.
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

Space for rent...
    The spring show is the better of the two. In the fall, it is often the crap they couldn't sell the rest of the year. A much bigger selection is available in the spring and the prices are better.

Particularly with shoes and helmets, I would certainly want to try it on rather than risk it not fitting.

Unless you really need them now, I'd wait...
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hmmm

I'm looking for...

Easton monkey lite handle bar in O/S format
    SIDI Dominator shoes
    Nevegals

Think i'll find'em cheaper online or at the show?

1440Brad damn...you got a mule for 45...i got ripped at 60 at the fall show but oh well i can't complain i got a hard to find colour

mtbr member
    Might find the odd deal that is cheaper but I think you'd generally still find stuff cheaper online. I didn't buy anything last year but noticed only a few really good deals. Jenson is still selling the Dominator 5's for 190 bucks if I remember right.

I just priced matched the hell out of a bunch of bike components ($800+ worth) online this week. I called a couple local shops as I would have liked to buy more of the stuff locally (common easy to find things like seatposts and stems) but the prices were just so good online. My Thomson stem was 69 USD and my seatpost was 75 USD. Shops downtown were selling the seatpost for 120 CAD.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The spring show consistently has amazing deals on virtually everything. If there's one glaring weakness, it's usually decent tires. JensonUSA has Nevegals on sale. If you get a bunch of friends together and do a large order, shipping is cheap and the deal is definitely worth it (I ordered 10 tires and they worked out to about $38/piece with shipping/taxes all in). Anything else (if you can wait until then!) is worth getting at the show.

Live Free or Ride!
    I find the shows are good for clothing, shoes, complete bikes, helmets and thats it. If you're looking for components the shows to me at least are a waste of time. Buy online, the shows can't beat those prices anyways
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    ^ speaks the truth.

mtbr member
    Holy Crap , you guys must be bored .....
    talking about the Spring show in NOVEMBER
    See what cold weather does to us when we're not riding

huh?
    fo shizle yo!
    but really, for pedals, shoes and a helmet....i guess i should just wait patiently and see when the time comes. or should i get boxing day deals. i'm not too patient am i