Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Spring 8 Hour - Official Thread

Who's in? Team, solo, bottle jockey?

Love riding at Mansfield.
    Last edited by CptSydor; 05-22-2009 at 10:05 AM.

bi-winning
    I typically do this with a team of 4, but this year I will be doing the Spring relay on a tag team, which we have named "Wish We Had 2 More." I'm excited about it.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

All my faucets is Moen.
    I'll be up there on a four man team. Its my first team relay event and I'm very excited. I've never ridden Mansfield so thats the 3rd new track for me in three weeks (Albion, Horseshoe, Mansfield). Sweet!

The Shorthills Cycling Club will be well represented with 6 - 4man teams and 3 solos.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I decided to do this year's race solo. I feel a little better about my decision after this weekend Horseshoe race. Used to be one of the "wish we had 2 more" team with RKJ. Should have great weather and say Hi when you pass me, I ride a Green 29er stumpy with a pain look in my face.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'll be there with my high school team (I drag us up into the 20-29 year old category). Our goal is to not get "chicked" by my wife's team.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Tag Team for Crankskins.Com from NYS...looking forward to it. Great course, great time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor

Disclaimer: Spam henceforward. (If you can read this, I'm still a free-agent)

The real purpose of this post. Normally ride these solo, but for a variety of reasons, decided not to this year, but to try a on a team (any size). Having no luck. If you are looking for someone to fill in, send me a PM. # 1 priority is to have fun and for everyone to push themselves. If you are looking to place, I may* be able to help you out.

* Let me know and we can discuss if I will fit in.
    I haven't registered yet, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know if you can get someone else because I'd like to race with a 4 person team if possible.

I'll send an email out to a few people and see what they say.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by macming
    I haven't registered yet, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Let me know if you can get someone else because I'd like to race with a 4 person team if possible.

I'll send an email out to a few people and see what they say.
    Registration is full, so unfortunately it's find a team looking for people or yard work!

mtbr member
    Registration is full, so unfortunately it's find a team looking for people or yard work!
    Yeah I just saw that Oh well, I can just do some hill training instead then!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'll be racing in the "3-4 Person 120-159 Age Group", last year we came in 4th in the mixed teams using singlespeeds. This year we're back with the singlespeeds and we'll be trying to better last years results and maybe even earn a couple of "barley-recovery-drinks" by the end of the race.

See you up there,

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by Photograph
    I'll be racing in the "3-4 Person 120-159 Age Group"
    you sure are a good sprinter my spindly friend...maybe that is the best category for you...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    you sure are a good sprinter my spindly friend...maybe that is the best category for you...
    I'll wait till the Fall Epic 8 to go solo.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I am doing it on a tag team. I already know things are NOT going to go well for me, I am considering backing out on my partner. I got back from a bachelor party in cancun a couple weeks ago (5 days of abolute trouble) and was best man for my buddies wedding this past weekend (somebody ghb'd me, at least it felt that way). Look for the guy collapsed in the bushes spitting up blood sometime within the first hour of the race, that will be me.

Good luck everyone!

mtbr member

In like Flynn, but whose that?

Disclaimer: Spam henceforward. (If you can read this, I'm still a free-agent)

The real purpose of this post. Normally ride these solo, but for a variety of reasons, decided not to this year, but to try a on a team (any size). Having no luck. If you are looking for someone to fill in, send me a PM. # 1 priority is to have fun and for everyone to push themselves. If you are looking to place, I may* be able to help you out.

* Let me know and we can discuss if I will fit in.
    Running in the 3-4 person age group category...This is the normal category for us this time of year. Just getting the fitness where it needs to be. This is always a great event to start the season and the Mansfield terrain is fantastic. Forecast is looking good for the weekend and dry the next few days, so going to be dusty.

We will be running some new HD helmetcam equipment of the event DVD of this race. Hope to see you smiling, giving me the finger, or whatever works for you out there on Saturday.

N.

PS. I know the finger comment is very open ended. Oh no, so was that...Jesus, here we go!
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    I also missed the registration before it was full. Good luck to all, conditions are looking very good!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    I also missed the registration before it was full. Good luck to all, conditions are looking very good!
    So we are all saved of making our tire choices based on a pewk laden course. While we would love to see you out there Tom, this saves us doing any research on tire choices for vomit.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Yes, you can leave your WTB Vomitwolfs at home.

Misfit Psycles
    wow.
    with SOLO numbers being pooled (a maximum # determined by OVERALL solo registration) and the singlespeeders and their lase faire attitudes towards pre-reg...the sss cat looks like it will be thin compared to the others.

as a sponsor of the ss cat, this is very disappointing.

shame sean et al couldn't proceed with the 'solo' course...would have allowed for more solos and made for a better day in mine eye.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Course Map......looks like I'm going to be doing yard work instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Evil Jr.
    OMGROFLMAO!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I haven't ridden mansfield in 2 years, what is the terrain like, I can't remember. Is there lots of climbing? Tougher course or easier course than the summer/fall 8 hour at hardwood?

sock puppet

hehehe, second that...

nice come back Tom...

Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    OMGROFLMAO!

Singlespeed Mysty

well...........

Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister
    We will be running some new HD helmetcam equipment of the event DVD of this race. Hope to see you smiling, giving me the finger, or whatever works for you out there on Saturday.

N.

PS. I know the finger comment is very open ended. Oh no, so was that...Jesus, here we go!
    If I was doing this event I would've mooned you instead

not ready to do an 8 hour... I don't even know where to start with finding people to gather a team this year. I doubt very much Peter Parker would want a SLOW Team Misfit ... coz I'd be the only one... unless any of the Team Misfit want to put together a SLOW team... LOL... yeah ... that is what I thought...

p.s. don't hold me to that ...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by robbbby
    I haven't ridden mansfield in 2 years, what is the terrain like, I can't remember. Is there lots of climbing? Tougher course or easier course than the summer/fall 8 hour at hardwood?
    Probably a little easier than Hardwood. Sandy soil, not too rough or technical, medium difficulty climbing.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Singlespeed Mysty
    I wonder if that what was on my Exi's after the Tuesday race...

Unidentified ick on my Exi's... Further analysis required ...
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast