mtbr member

Southern Ontario Racing

Does anyone know of a web site that lists the links for the majority of the Southern Ontario MTB races like the 8 hour, P-A and Lake to Lake among all the other ones? I'd like to incorporate some different rides this year but I'm seeing that there are quite a few that I've never heard of. I recall seeing a web address somewhere that listed the quick links to all of them.

If anyone has the address to the site with the road bike and running race sites that would be great too. I do all three types of races but I hate having to track every single one down. A few sites with "quick links" would be great to have and to share.

Thanks in advance for any input you can send along.
    There are no "mistakes"; only learning curves.

Nice day for a ride.....
    The OCA website has listings for almost all of the races in Ontario
    Just click on the month you want and you'll get listings for MTB, Road, CX, etc, and most of the event descriptions have a link to the organizers website.

http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...h_schedule.php

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    The OCA website has listings for almost all of the races in Ontario
    Just click on the month you want and you'll get listings for MTB, Road, CX, etc, and most of the event descriptions have a link to the organizers website.

http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...h_schedule.php
    That is the one I was looking for!!!!!!!

Thanks. I'm rockin' now!!!!!!!

There are no "mistakes"; only learning curves.

Looking for Adventure
    This lists EVERYTHING in the country......adventure racing, running, tri's, ski loppets, etc.

http://www.getouttheremag.com/searchevents.php

Also a damn good magazine for free!
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

RACE FIEND!
    For those that have to travel anyway there is a boat-load of racing just under your nose in Western NY. You have heard about the riding and racing south of the boarder, now come out and join us in 2008 down in Western NY! There is a new series starting up in June and 6 hour racing at it's finest! More details at http://www.wnymbro.com Go to our forums page and get all the details as they pour in.

When you are at the boarder, you are less than two hours away from Western NY's finest riding and racing! Giv'er

More than a little slow
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYMBRO
    For those that have to travel anyway there is a boat-load of racing just under your nose in Western NY. You have heard about the riding and racing south of the boarder, now come out and join us in 2008 down in Western NY! There is a new series starting up in June and 6 hour racing at it's finest! More details at http://www.wnymbro.com Go to our forums page and get all the details as they pour in.

When you are at the boarder, you are less than two hours away from Western NY's finest riding and racing! Giv'er
    I will be sneaking over to try your races sometime soon. Y'all have mountain bike trail that goes up and down, and besides, the accent's kinda catchy

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    **** son.. good linking. Sticky worthy i'd say.
    If others agree, I could send a PM to one of the moderators asking them to sticky it (or ask francois make me a mod)
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

veldrijder
    I'm in favour of stickying the thread and/or making Ryan a mod

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bagpipes
    Does anyone know of a web site that lists the links for the majority of the Southern Ontario MTB races like the 8 hour, P-A and Lake to Lake among all the other ones? I'd like to incorporate some different rides this year but I'm seeing that there are quite a few that I've never heard of. I recall seeing a web address somewhere that listed the quick links to all of them.

If anyone has the address to the site with the road bike and running race sites that would be great too. I do all three types of races but I hate having to track every single one down. A few sites with "quick links" would be great to have and to share.

Thanks in advance for any input you can send along.

WoW when did the Icebreaker become a 50k??? Lat time I road it, it was a 26k run! but that was 7 years ago!

mtbr member
    Can't wait for the icebreaker. It is going to be my birthday and opening day of my graduation show to conclude 4 years of school. Can't really ask for a better way to spend the day!

veldrijder
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    Can't wait for the icebreaker. It is going to be my birthday and opening day of my graduation show to conclude 4 years of school. Can't really ask for a better way to spend the day!
    Will you be riding the new Misfit? I'm not sure if I should use my 'cross bike or 29er... and for that matter if I should run singlespeed or gears.

mtbr member
    Yup, I'll be on the new Misfit, running 32:18. I have never ridden there or done this race, so no idea of what to expect.
    Last edited by nspace; 01-30-2008 at 12:52 PM.

bi-winning
    Though I don't have my exact schedule yet, I know McMaster's exams run from April 11-29. That means that the Paris to Ancaster, Icebreaker, and O-Cup #1 may conflict with my exams. I'll have to wait and see how things work out.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    i am thinking MTB, will i get crushed by 29ers and CC bikes? I am fairly fast. Not quite pro fast, but i blame that on the beer.

mtbr member
    Yeah, exam's are always sketchy to plan things around. Luckily this last semester is exam free for me. I will unfortunately miss OCUP#1 though.

Is the icebreaker not very technical? I thought it was all mtb trails.

veldrijder
    Is the icebreaker not very technical? I thought it was all mtb trails.
    Take a look for yourself in this video: http://www.veloomedia.com/2007_pages...ker_Flash.html

I'd say it's doable on a cross bike, and that's what usually wins it. Most people find it more reasonable on a mtb, and you've got the right bike with a rigid 29er. If not a cross bike, that's what I'll be on. My friends who ride for True North swept both Male and Female SS category podiums on their rigid 29er singlespeeds.