Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

some good news

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Enduramil 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting that they seem to recognize that different types of cyclists may prefer separated lanes vs. riding on street integrated with traffic, although the characterization "road warriors" peeling down the street seems somewhat unfair and biased, unless cars driving at typical speeds can also be similarly described as peeling down the street, given that both are operating as vehicles under the HTA.

#3 ·
#4 ·
#5 ·
There will be exceptions, for example in Brampton, where there are sidewalks alongside highways that are currently little used. These are being repurposed as active transportation corridors.
Unused sidewalks in the suburbs are no exception. They are the rule. Toronto doesn't need a handout to get going on this one.

This summer the city will begin piloting uni-directional bike lanes on Richmond and Adelaide Sts., a project conceived in 2011,
I can't believe I haven't heard a whisper about this. Could it really be true. Never thought I'd see it happen.

#6 ·
yeah the talk of road warriors left me scratching my head. unless they are talking about the peloton's of roadies that make caledon their home once the weather turns warm. separate bicycle path transportation corridors connecting the different parts of the gta is a step in the right direction. in the nashville tract project i'm supporting two such paths bisecting the property east/west. i think it is important for any bike/trail project to consider access to the trail head by other means then a car.

#7 ·
it is election time.. liberals are just talking the talk right now and committing money that they don't have and will have to stick their sweaty hand (again) in our pockets to get it (revenue tools)...

i want to see them walking the walk... based on past experiences - i will hold my breath...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.