Thread: some good news

humber river advocate
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

No. Just No. Moderator
    Interesting that they seem to recognize that different types of cyclists may prefer separated lanes vs. riding on street integrated with traffic, although the characterization "road warriors" peeling down the street seems somewhat unfair and biased, unless cars driving at typical speeds can also be similarly described as peeling down the street, given that both are operating as vehicles under the HTA.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    While it is nice they coughed up 12 mil I will hold my breath on this actually becoming something in the near future. Knowing politicians and their love of doing anything to maintain their position ie. get re-elected I am very skeptical till the results are seen.

But on the non political front......

index : TRCA

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0...50b0b68fabd42c
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    That's kind of a cool idea, that an urban cycling network doesn't necessarily have to be designed around the concept of getting people to work to downtown or other business cores, but instead can be very useful just to help people circulate around their own neighbourhood.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    There will be exceptions, for example in Brampton, where there are sidewalks alongside highways that are currently little used. These are being repurposed as active transportation corridors.
    Unused sidewalks in the suburbs are no exception. They are the rule. Toronto doesn't need a handout to get going on this one.

This summer the city will begin piloting uni-directional bike lanes on Richmond and Adelaide Sts., a project conceived in 2011,
    I can't believe I haven't heard a whisper about this. Could it really be true. Never thought I'd see it happen.

humber river advocate
    yeah the talk of road warriors left me scratching my head. unless they are talking about the peloton's of roadies that make caledon their home once the weather turns warm. separate bicycle path transportation corridors connecting the different parts of the gta is a step in the right direction. in the nashville tract project i'm supporting two such paths bisecting the property east/west. i think it is important for any bike/trail project to consider access to the trail head by other means then a car.
    Support TORBA

sock puppet
    it is election time.. liberals are just talking the talk right now and committing money that they don't have and will have to stick their sweaty hand (again) in our pockets to get it (revenue tools)...

i want to see them walking the walk... based on past experiences - i will hold my breath...
    Signature

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    it is election time.. liberals are just talking the talk right now and committing money that they don't have and will have to stick their sweaty hand (again) in our pockets to get it (revenue tools)...

i want to see them walking the walk... based on past experiences - i will hold my breath...
    And here I thought I was skeptical.
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    And here I thought I was skeptical.
    you would be surprised what funding is already in the pipeline. support your councilors and committee members who support such initiatives. the worst thing to do is nothing.
    Support TORBA

sheep in FOX clothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    although the characterization "road warriors" peeling down the street seems somewhat unfair and biased
    Demonizing cyclists who ride their bikes in lanes motorists think are reserved for cars is an activity that transcends politics and demographics.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    you would be surprised what funding is already in the pipeline. support your councilors and committee members who support such initiatives. the worst thing to do is nothing.
    Funding and such sounds nice till as Uncle Oggie pointed out....politicians note which direction will get them re-elected.

Councillor wants bike lanes restart | The Kingston Whig-Standard
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com