mtbr member

Since nobody else is piping up....

Geoff Kabush is the mothereffing MAN! (For winning the Bromont world cup this past weekend)

Even got himself some Toronto Star web coverage

On a 1x9 too boot.

Muskoka
    plus one

bi-winning
    Good news.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Who really cares who Geoff Kabush is? Is he paying your way through life???

Work hard, play harder!

Role models are for those who live their lives through someone else's accomplishments.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyBiker

Work hard, play harder!

Role models are for those who live their lives through someone else's accomplishments.
    I suspect you might just be trying to start some kind of online flame war. In that case, I won't waste too many keystrokes telling you how pro cycling and strong national programs benefit our sport.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Misfit Psycles
    not a fan of pros persay so i kinda feel Sparty.
    what i mean is i dont collect posters of people doing what i'd rather be doing...but...I look down the results and see locals Zandstra at 19 and Watson at 25...that's impressive.

no discredit to kabush, its just that i EXPECT pros to win.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Local is as local does.

We all came from somewhere, and yes I was once a 13 year old with posters of John Tomac on my wall. It was inspiring and still is inspiring to know that I raced the same trails in Ontario now that World Cup winners honed their skill on (Ryder, Roland, Geoff, Alison, MHP who ALL raced @ hardwood in 97 ). Sh!t on it all you want, I am NOT too cool to care.

I am sorry my original thread showed no hint of negativity whatsoever, I will try to conform to the Eastern Canada new normal in all future posts.

I probably shoulda mentioned Watson and Zandstar though. Good job guys!

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartyBiker

Work hard, play harder!

Wow. You must be pretty hard up for things to do with your time as a NY resident to come all the way over to the Eastern Canada forum to explain this to us. Post anywhere you like, but if you're going to pontificate to others, then I guess the status quo holds true in the other direction. The message comin' back at you is...

Get over yourself.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth
    I am sorry my original thread showed no hint of negativity whatsoever, I will try to conform to the Eastern Canada new normal in all future posts.
    Don't worry, it's just seasonal affective disorder, not enough sunlight around here. Forecast calls for 3 days of sunshine, so that should help us all out. I sense some epic rides coming up as I start my stay-cation....
    I love riding my bike!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    nogearshere's words came out better than mine. I didn't mean to sound like a prick.

If I have time to watch someone else do something constructive with their time, then I think I owe it to myself to do something constructive for me.

Evil Jr.
    You forgot to mention a solid podium for Catherine Pendrel (on top of her WIN at Ste. Anne) and yet another U23 win for Emily Batty.

To me, these people aren't just posters on a wall, they're riders I've met and respect. And as far as constructiveness goes, three weeks of watching the Tour does more for my mid-season motivation than any amount of coaching. I prefer to be led by example.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Emily Batty is local to me as she's from Brooklin & I live in Oshawa.

The pros you want to slag were once "locals" as well riding in the tracks of the pros of the day.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

ups and downs
    Considering that mainstream media pretty much only reports pro sports like NHL and CFL or MLB, and the multi-million dollar players in that sport, it's always pretty cool to see any media coverage of pro mountain bike racers (who aren't pulling down those huge 6 and 7 figure incomes, more equal to an inning or period of play for many mainstream pro athletes) are doing well despite that fact that it ain't about the money. Kabush has really earned a WC top step, and that ride at Bromont was exceptional in really ugly conditions.

I have a lot of admiration and respect for any of the pro racers who can push themselves to the top of their sport.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Living Life Behind Bars..
    [QUOTE=veteran_youth]Local is as local does.

What a blast from the past. Juice and Dathan on the 2 / 3 spots on the DH.

Is that Dan Marshall ( Marathon Dan ) in the SN EXP ?

Evil Jr.
    As they so often do, CyclingDirt did another bang-up job covering the race. Enjoy! (or don't if you don't like to watch... )

Cycling Videos on CyclingDirt

EDIT: This video is not suitable for those with an aversion to seeing trail damage caused by racing in the rain!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Muskoka

Cycling Dirt

I'm also enjoying Cycling Dirt's coverage of the sport. Nice to be able to get this somewhere, because (unlike Europe) we get very little if any media coverage.

Misfit Psycles
    Cycling Dirt does an excellent job of covering MTB races...much of the coverage, in particular the interviews, are impromptu and unglamorous...instead of pedistal'izing the racers (particularly the pros) it humanizes them (mostly).

actually SEEING first hand how much WORK goes into getting that footage (while we were in TN and then again in CO) i appreciate it even more.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Custom User Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill
    Considering that mainstream media pretty much only reports pro sports like NHL and CFL or MLB, and the multi-million dollar players in that sport...
    Rockyuphill, are you from Saskatchewan by chance?

are there any multi-million dollar players in the CFL?

DOHHHH, gone and derailed another thread.
    "an inch an hour...two feet per day..."

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth
    Local is as local does.

We all came from somewhere, and yes I was once a 13 year old with posters of John Tomac on my wall. It was inspiring and still is inspiring to know that I raced the same trails in Ontario now that World Cup winners honed their skill on (Ryder, Roland, Geoff, Alison, MHP who ALL raced @ hardwood in 97 ). Sh!t on it all you want, I am NOT too cool to care.

I probably shoulda mentioned Watson and Zandstar though. Good job guys!

The scary thing is that Tomac is still able to kill you racing.

As for the win, it's about bloody time a Canadian Male won.

And to give an idea how fast these guys went XC, check out Dustin Adams at 7:38.

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

Dorkimus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Payer
    are there any multi-million dollar players in the CFL?

DOHHHH, gone and derailed another thread.
    I think there is a QB in the league with a 2 yr/1.2M contract; he's probably the highest.

A friend of mine is a backup linebacker and special team player who makes less than 40K/yr.

Evil Jr.
    More bling for Kabush and Pendrel this weekend in Vermont. They've both been on a serious tear since Nationals!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yup, hopefully carry right through to Worlds