Lemmy Rules!

Show us your MTB shrine

Credit goes to Nspace for the idea for this thread. We all have a room in the house where we keep our bike memorabilia/keepsakes etc. Mine is in my basement office. Here's a picture. Let's see yours'...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your MTB shrine-img_9415.jpg  

Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    My bike shrine is currently under construction (and will be conveniently located).

Show us your MTB shrine-bike-room.png

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    One shot from the bottom of the stairs showing a 12" supercycle mounted to the trainer for my 4yr old daughter with my workshop and some old frames on the background. Second shot is the current rack of bikes and some recent race plates, prizes, and blue mountain bike park passes.

The really bright object is a Hi-Vis vest I wear from time to time when riding in the city in the dark. Surprising how bright it is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your MTB shrine-2013-02-26-22.43.29.jpg  

Show us your MTB shrine-2013-02-26-22.46.13.jpg  

I build my own.
    Show us your MTB shrine-p30-11-11_18-43%5B3%5D.jpg
    Show us your MTB shrine-p30-11-11_18-43%5B1%5D.jpg
    Show us your MTB shrine-p30-11-11_18-41%5B2%5D.jpg

What? I live in Whiskey Creek, BC. That's a NICE shed for Whiskey Creek.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Ninja View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P30-11-11_18-43[3].jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	775944

Name:	P30-11-11_18-43[1].jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	775945

Name:	P30-11-11_18-41[2].jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	775946

What? I live in Whiskey Creek, BC. That's a NICE shed for Whiskey Creek.
    Ah, old Qualicum.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

Evil Jr.
    Not so much a shrine as a space that has accumulated about 25 years worth of riding detritus.

Name:  DSCF0145.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  84.6 KB
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Phase one the work space and tool wall. Still a work in progress as have the rolly chair but still need a beer fridge.

If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    GM/Nerdgirl's workshop is one of the coolest I've seen for sure A+. The iron wood burning stove (not pictured) is especially cool.

I will post my workshop up later when I can take a decent photo. Need to move some things around which I've been putting off.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Pic of the garage when I got it set up after first moving in. Above the work bench is now a full set of kitchen cabinets we pulled out of a house that was being demolished. Also beer fridge has been added under the work bench, another free item from trolling craigslist.

mtbr member
    Nice shirk!

mtbr member
    We moved into our first place not too long ago. My workshop was last on my wife's priority list so now that we have the rest of the place in order, I was able to find some time to spend organizing my bike workshop/man cave in our unfinished basement.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your MTB shrine-8513893907_f7cb87ac8f_b.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thread is making me anxious!

Big changes came and the bike cave needed an overhaul. Flat screen and beer fridge were unplugged, work bench ripped out, walls torn down. There is now heaps of bikes, piles of parts, messes of tools strewn about and great visions....just need a free weekend to execute and the courage to go to ikea and acquire some storage solutions.

Lemmy Rules!
    Tom, that is truly impressive,,,
    Strava made me do it....

Dorkimus Prime
    Well, I think Enduramil may have a picture of himself up as well. It seems we have identified the TWO ECMTB's that have never met a mirror they were unhappy with.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil View Post
    Ah, old Qualicum.
    I'm back here now. At least for a while. Just down the road from the Hornby Island ferry.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Well, I think Enduramil may have a picture of himself up as well. It seems we have identified the TWO ECMTB's that have never met a mirror they were unhappy with.
    Nope. If you look at this pic that is female. Specifically Caledon's own Lisa Bentley.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace View Post
    We moved into our first place not too long ago. My workshop was last on my wife's priority list so now that we have the rest of the place in order, I was able to find some time to spend organizing my bike workshop/man cave in our unfinished basement.

Like you Tom, it has taken longer then I woul like to get it done. Have a huge pile of stuff in the area after moving. Tool wall still has away to go as have files and other bits to go up. Next big part is the wall pic right. Insulate and plywood to hang bikes, tires and wheels.
    Last edited by Enduramil; 02-28-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Lemmy Rules!
    Full disclosure here, folks...I have two bike shrines. The previous photograph was the Outer Shrine. Here is the Inner Sanctum, where all the wrenching takes place...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your MTB shrine-img_4080.jpg  

Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace View Post
    Nice shirk!
    I should have snapped an updated picture this morning. Place is a disaster. Tools everywhere, drywall scraps all over place, a right mess.

I have great plans for my garage. Need to sit down and draft it out on paper.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    My bike shrine is currently under construction (and will be conveniently located).

Name:	Bike Room.PNG 
Views:	252 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	775800
    That indoor hose down area is way cool.

livin' large
    Show us your MTB shrine-halton-hills-20111022-00053.jpg
    not so much shrine as hide out and scheme hatchery
    it tied the room together man!

ups and downs
    I'm surprised no one is photoshopping in the giant rabid guard dog, alligator or King Cobra snake to dissuade thieves from seeking out said shrines.

The dog below with the glowing robot eyes is only mildly unsettling, not terror inspiring.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    I'm surprised no one is photoshopping in the giant rabid guard dog, alligator or King Cobra snake to dissuade thieves from seeking out said shrines.

The dog below with the glowing robot eyes is only mildly unsettling, not terror inspiring.
    I am the deterrent.

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale View Post
    "scheme hatchery"
    Awesome phrase. Well done.

livin' large
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    his bite is worse than his bark
    it tied the room together man!