Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Shimano Restructuring NA Distribution

SportsOneSource.com - Outdoor Business UPDATE

. "Demonstrating its continued dedication to the specialty independent bicycle dealer channel, Shimano American Corp. and Shimano Canada Ltd. announced a restructuring of North American distribution channels towards a more dealer direct service model.

Effective on Jan. 1, 2014, Shimano will streamline its components and pedals distribution to North American retailers. The company will also redefine its business arrangements with and reduce its network of distributors, to improve service to North American independent bicycle dealers and assist them in becoming more competitive in the marketplace. Shimano American and Shimano Canada will continue to be the sole distributors of Shimano wheels, cycling footwear, eyewear, apparel, bags, and PRO in North America and Shimano bicycle pedals will now be distributed exclusively by Shimano in each country.

“We believe that this change is required by the rapidly changing market. Independent bicycle dealers have been and will continue to be our key customer base and by having a direct business relationship with them, we will be more aligned with their businesses, have closer relationships with cyclists, and offer more support and effective solutions to dealers’ challenges in the market,” said Yutaka Taniyama, vice president, Bicycle Division of Shimano American Corp. “While we are ending our business relationship with many of our great distributors, we greatly appreciate all of the support that they have provided to Shimano and to dealers. I would like to express our sincere appreciation to them.”

The distributors that will continue selling Shimano components in North America include Giant Bicycle, KHS, Quality Bicycle Products, Raleigh America, Seattle Bike Supply, and Trek Bicycle in the United States and Cycles Lambert in Canada."
    www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

Workin for the weekend!
    I relish the day I only have to deal with 7 distributors across an entire continent...

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    I relish the day I only have to deal with 7 distributors across an entire continent...

Somehow I just don't think Shimano will be getting much $$ of me anytime soon. It only took me 10 plus years to finally go rapid rise,

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

mtbr member
    If lambert cycle is in the mix you only have to pay double the standard internet price!
    Ya Ok ....not

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    So if they deal direct does that mean prices will come down - one less company making a profit in the supply chain? More in line with the UK/European prices?