mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Shimano Mineral Oil

Hey guys! I plan on buying Mineral Oil from CRC in the next few days for myself. I don't need a litre though. Are there any takers to split the container? You'd need to bring your own bottle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    You realize with shipping it is $39.14 and MSRP at your LBS is $37.50?

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: Shimano Mineral Oil

Hmmm... No... Did not know that. Assumed it was going to be overpriced like fox fluid

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Well, that's a fair assumption since the 50 mL bottle MSRP is $25.00 and that's what most people hear about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Re: Shimano Mineral Oil

Yup. I was planning on getting a few more things from CRC and take advantage of free shipping but I'll think about it first. Might just buy a shitload of stuff from my lbs instead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    AEROSHELL 41 HYDRAULIC FLUID from Aircraft Spruce
    The aircraft industry is your friend. You can get a pint shipped to your door for under $15. I used this for years after my mini bottles of Shimano fluid ran out.
    Grab some Boeshield T-9 while you're there.

If you do a lot of DH riding and get your brakes real toasty, you can use ROYCO 782 which has a higher boiling point. This is what I'm using right now, works well but it's not like I've had a chance to put it to a severe test by any means.

Workin for the weekend!
    Will they ship oil from the UK? Sometimes those kinds of products get a red flag when shipped, because of the msds.

I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by aerius View Post
    AEROSHELL 41 HYDRAULIC FLUID from Aircraft Spruce
    The aircraft industry is your friend. You can get a pint shipped to your door for under $15. I used this for years after my mini bottles of Shimano fluid ran out.
    Thanks for the great tip! I just ordered a quart for $10.65. With shipping (Expedited Post) and HST the total cost was about $25.

i1dry?
    ...some drink from the fountain of knowledge..some only gargle...!!