mtbr member
    Dec 2013

SC Nomad bearing kit supplier in Canada?

I'm rebuilding a 2007 Santa Cruz Nomad - need a bearing kit and the proper VPP tool (bearing press)

Is there a Canadian SC parts supplier, or does everything have to go through customs etc from Santa Cruz in the USA?

THx!

MAT

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcmat View Post
    I'm rebuilding a 2007 Santa Cruz Nomad - need a bearing kit and the proper VPP tool (bearing press)

Is there a Canadian SC parts supplier, or does everything have to go through customs etc from Santa Cruz in the USA?

THx!

MAT
    Any shop that deals with Orange Sport out of British California will be able to get the Enduro bearing cartridges for you, individually, or as sets. As far as bearing pullers/presses, both Orange and Lambert will hook you up; the problem is you'll have to buy the generic sets of both. In terms of economy, SC is the only source I know of for the specific puller/press tools. This is compounded by the fact that SC's bearing removal tool(s) are the only ones I can think of that can pop a trashed/seized cartridge, esp. when the inner race and cage comes out before the entire cartridge. They only work on the specific bearing sizes, however, as well (7900/7902).
    I know it sucks that SC ships UPS; "brokerage" and duty fees can easily outpace the value of the order. Try begging/pleading that they ship regular USPS...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Excellent info ... thank you very much for responding. I will put on my best begging voice for the first kit and tool, do service replacements from the other suppliers.

MAT

mtbr member
    Santa Cruz Suspension Pivot Bearing Kits from RWC

You can find the bearing kits online easily, Real World Cycling above is pretty good (but they don't have a specific tool for that frame). Find someone with the bearing press tool, take them the frame + bearings + 6-pack and see what happens.
    also known as Plaid Shirt Guy...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    That is a fantastic link for RWC - I would have responded sooner but it was all jumbled on my not-so-smart phone.

Thanks!

MAT