mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Roll Call, whos not where they should be

Hows the legs Ontario? I had big plans to ride the trainer but opted to run outside and xcski instead. First few rides felt good though. Just need to curb the diet and shed some LBS of my a$$.

Student
    My legs are slowly waking up. Long way to go though, didn't ride at all this winter, just ran and played hockey.
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

dirt roadie
    I did two ~20km trail rides thursday and friday evenings. Never felt better on a ride, and probably could have gone longer but I got hungry
    I only rode a few times over the winter, and don't have a trainer, but once the warmer weather hit, I was working my butt off on the road.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I'm pretty much up to the form I had at the end of last season. Since my racing license arrived in the mail a month ago and I started taking my training and eating habits more seriously, I've lost 5 pounds and am at my race weight from last fall. Five more pounds to get off before June when I want to peak.

I really hit the weights in the off season. ( Love doing weights!) I've got a lot more muscle and I can really feel the difference in my riding since my core strength is better developed then it was last year. And, I'm also noticing that I have a lot more power tackling steep climbs and my legs don't tire as fast.

I've been trying to stick to the 3 weeks build and one rest week, though I do have trouble staying off the bike when I am supposed to, or I tell myself that I'm only going to do an hour and then end up doing 3. Oh well. It's just too darn nice out to stay off the bike.

Sooooo we'll see how all this training is going to pay off next Sunday.
    High on Life

bi-winning
    "Whos not where they should be?"
    I dunno. Where should I be?
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

sock puppet

hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by north_of_us
    Hows the legs Ontario? I had big plans to ride the trainer but opted to run outside and xcski instead. First few rides felt good though. Just need to curb the diet and shed some LBS of my a$$.
    as soon as the temps hit positive side of the scale, i hit the roads on my cx bike - preparing for the slugfest from paris to ancaster... love this race, always takes the best out of me... unfortunately, i qualified for the porky category this year (220+, up from 200 last year). after this race - aggressive weight trimming program for the first 24 hour race at Mansfield - need to lose 10 for this race, and another 5-6 for the summer... same story every year... hit the weights during the winter, bulk up a bit and then trim down for the summer...

in general, not in as good shape as last year at this time, but last year i was preparing for the transrockies, and eventually laruta...

mtbr member
    i'm well behind where I wanted to be, hench ny missing the P2A this year.

Did 3 rides this week though
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    been dieing to ride my bike, been waiting on the don to dry out. wife just had our second on monday and was planning to hit it up on sunday. but i figured "WHAT THE HECK" I will just break a bone in my hand instead on weds night (mom and babe came home thurs morn)

super bummed!

i am in better shape then i hsve been in a while and upped karate to 4 days a week to get in shape and now this. POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a new casrt next friday and they said they can shape it around my grip so i should be good for light xc.

well that took about 10 minutes to post, this sucks!

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonfrog
    been dieing to ride my bike, been waiting on the don to dry out. wife just had our second on monday and was planning to hit it up on sunday. but i figured "WHAT THE HECK" I will just break a bone in my hand instead on weds night (mom and babe came home thurs morn)

super bummed!

i am in better shape then i hsve been in a while and upped karate to 4 days a week to get in shape and now this. POOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get a new casrt next friday and they said they can shape it around my grip so i should be good for light xc.

well that took about 10 minutes to post, this sucks!
    Well, that's unfortunate. Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully, you will recover fully, and quickly.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Nice day for a ride.....
    Well I'm not where I want to be, I had surgery on Thursday and have lost 5 lbs since then :O with not being able to eat and all but I'm confident to be back riding again first week of May. I'll have a slow start to my season but it could be worse, I just gotta look at the positive! I did do a few rides in early April and was feeling pretty good even after the winter hibernation, so I'm confident I'll bounce back rather quickly.

mtbr member
    We had our second son before xmas so the winter ended up being sleepless = no time for training.
    Now that Spring has sprung, I've been out twice so far and it feels great. No where near where I'd like to be but at least I'm out on the trail every chance I get.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I started my PhD. Enough said maybe? I'm spending 3 weeks out of May out of town at conferences, it's going to be killer not being able to ride for all that time.