Person
    Sep 2005

Riding this weekend?

Was hoping to get out to Durham for a ride this weekend.

What can I expect the trails to be like? Looks like it will be just above freezing temps.

I live an hour away, so don't want to waste my time. And also don't want to go out and do any damage to the trails.

SASQUATCH!
    I went out there last weekend. Temps were about 2C, with a light dusting of snow in shady areas. Of course, you can expect there to be a bit more now, but still very ridable.

I hope to go to Albion on Sunday.

Defiant MTB
    Quote Originally Posted by big_olly
    I went out there last weekend. Temps were about 2C, with a light dusting of snow in shady areas. Of course, you can expect there to be a bit more now, but still very ridable.

I hope to go to Albion on Sunday.
    I was out there (Glen Major) last weekend as well (Sunday). It was slightly moist in the areas that got more sun (due to melting), but it was fine in the trees.

Most of the snow I saw was in the parking area...

Will most likely be out there on Sunday again.

Happy riding!

SASQUATCH!
    Actually, I really should be asking the same question of Albion since I'm not as familiar with it at this time of year.

Given the last week of heavy rain and a bit of snow, what conditions can I expect there? Will it be muddy if the temperature rises?
    AFAIK it's the kind of terrain that drains well, but I could be wrong. Anyone?

mtbr member
    Albion does not handle rain too well, but I expect everything to be frozen on Saturday morning (especially since temps will drop to -8C overnight). Sunday there might be some softening since temps will be a bit higher, but again, morning should see things quite frozen.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

Person
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will be out there Saturday morning on the big red Dekerf.