Sir Hurt Locker

Riding near KW??

Hey guys, I want to get out for a good ride sometime soon. I am in ther Kitchener-Waterloo area and want to know if there is anyplace around that is rideable at this time. Hydrocut is not being cleared I hear, Hilton Falls doesn't allow biking at this time I believe, is there any place to bike right now? I was thinking maybe doing a nice long ride oon something like the Grand River trail. Anyone got any ideas?
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2_Tires
    Hydrocut is not being cleared I hear
    Yep. Not enough riders in the winter.

Hilton Falls doesn't allow biking at this time I believe
    Where did you hear this? It's open during the winter. The Agreement Forest (just north of Hilton Falls) is always open and doesn't require a pass. Though there's currently too much snow.

Sir Hurt Locker
    In the Hilton Falls thread someone said they would not let them in the park to bike, at least that's what I think they said. I believe he somone said that they were not allowing bikers to ride their til sometime in April. What is the Agreement Forest? Where is it? When is it rideable? Is there a place to get trail conditions for it so i know when it is rideable?

Sorry bout the thousand questions, thank you for your help.
    Cheers,

Seb

Sir Hurt Locker
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild
    I went to hilton falls last weekend and the gate attendant told me no mountain bikes until the snow is out in spring. I was very dissipointed and very surprised because that place was always open to bikes during winter. I don't know what is going on here this is the first time I hear something like that. I am gona call them and ask one more time about that.
    taken from "Current Hilton Falls trail conditions" thread
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    taken from "Current Hilton Falls trail conditions" thread
    There was only one poster in the thread who had that problem, no else did. Plenty of us ride at Hilton Falls in the winter. There are more than enough mtb tracks in the snow to prove it .

Call them (Hilton Falls) and they'll tell you that they are open. Check their website and they state that they are open for the winter. If some attendant doesn't know what they're talking about, then take the back door entrance (agreement forest) to avoid them.

All you need to know about the agreement forest, alternative parking, backdoor entrance, and riding is in that thread.

The agreement forest is directly n/w of Hilton Falls. In other words, they're connected.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Thank you. I appreciate the help
    Cheers,

Seb

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Here's a link from their website about trail condition. Trail condition are outdated but it does state "HILTON FALLS

All Mountain bike trails are open. Detailled information, directional maps and trail maps are available from the Hilton Falls park page."

I can't find a map of the agreement forest. I'll post a link if I find it.

mtbr member
    Yep that's where I enter at from now on is Agreemenrt Forest, I am fed up with gate attendents. Oh and if you in KW area there is Puslinch Lake in cambridge a great place to ride in winter.

Sir Hurt Locker
    Oh yeah, I have heard about Puslinch. Maybe I will check it out tomorrow sans-bike to see if it's rideable. Do you know if there is a site to get up-to-date trail conditions for Puslinch?
    Cheers,

Seb

Avenger of Evil
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

Sir Hurt Locker
    Thanksfor the link, it is exactly what i was looking for. GORBA looks like a good cycling club, I gotta check those trails out and see if they are any good. Thanks again
    Cheers,

Seb

Avenger of Evil
    No Problem.
    That's what we're here for.
    Famous Last Words....."Hey, watch this!!"

IMBA-GORBA Bike Patrol

unsure

Not sure of where some ppl get thier info but does not matter seeing it's wrong. Hilton is NOT open for MTBing during the winter months when there is snow to ski on.
    The agreement forest is crown land and can be used by anyone at anytime as long as you are not strapped to a motor and hunt in season.
    With the amount of snow the last two weeks there are not many areas that are fit to ride. GORBA trails have been fair the good, Twin Pond not so good, Little Tract fair, Waterdown fair.
    But wait this rain we are getting will change all this.
    ENJOY LIFE RIDE A BIKE
    Blur XC black
    Chameleon gray
    Nomad Black
    V10 black
    True North 853