mtbr member

Riding in Bracebridge area

Hey all- thinking of heading up north this weekend. Besides buckwallow- what other good trails are around there?
    "Nice bike...Take it off any sweet jumps?"

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    Porcupine Ridge, across the road from Santa's Village. Even more technical than Buckwallow. In fact, I haven't been there in a while. I may go back this week.

I'm around from Saturday afternoon through the weekend. Shoot me a PM if you want to ride together.

Other places:
    http://www.ecclestonecycle.com/ride_...a_mountain.htm

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Search for Torrance. Lots of pics have been posted. It's about half an hour SW of Bracebridge.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Is it winter yet?
    May 2007
    BlackCanoeDog has mentioned that the bugs take over at Torrance Barrens until mid-August.

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chansen
    BlackCanoeDog has mentioned that the bugs take over at Torrance Barrens until mid-August.
    I think the bugs are an issue this time of year regardless of where you go. A week ago Monday BCD & I rode into Cornell Lake & the deer flies were friendly along the route. Mind you a couple of minutes after we arrived @ the lake they scattered. They came back when we rode out.

I forgot Bracebridge Resource Management Centre. It's on the east side of Hwy 11 north of 118.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    Hey guys
    The bugs for the most part are all but gone.
    Evenings and wet days have a few but the last three or four rides at the village have been great no bug spray needed.
    I'm heading over to Collingwood Saturday but both buck and the village should be in good shape.
    I haven't been to the Barons in a few years umm.... maybe 8 or 9 years but the pictures looked good.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The deer flies at the Torrance Barrens are murder right now.
    You can stay somewhat ahead of them if you really keep moving - but stop for a second and you won't believe how many are on you instantly!