mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ride Report - St. Helena's Trail

I've exploring some new trails lately which are part of the Niagara escarpment....most locals call them the St. Helena's trails which occasionally integrate into the Bruce Trail. Today I rode the some of the system but I'm still figuring out many of the routes. You can make it extremely technical if you want or moderately technical which is what I prefer. It is possible to make all of the trails connect over to the Agreement Forest near Hilton Falls. Then you can ride Hilton, then pop over the Kelso to finish off the ride. I typically ride up to St. Helena's Rd which takes about an hour. My total ride time today was just about 4 hours and I didn't venture into Hilton or Kelso. I'd probably have to reserve about 7 hours to cover all of those trails as well.....someday this summer when my conditioning improves.

As you can see from some of the pictures it is extremely rocky. Sometimes slow moving but all rideable (at the least trails I used). There were a couple of flooded areas but you could work your way around them. The trail followed the gravel pit for awhile....hopefully we don't lose trail to more pits.

Overall a great ride and one day I hope to connect more trail, work it over to Hilton & the Agreement Forest, and finish it off with Kelso.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bi-winning
    Very nice.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Keep pedaling...
    Apr 2008
    I live nearby. To get to these trails, do you just go up St. Helena Rd. and look for an obvious trailhead there?

IMBA-GORBA Bike Patrol
    The best thing about these trails are that they are covered with rocks. For this reason not so many so called mountain bikers ride them.
    ENJOY LIFE RIDE A BIKE
    Blur XC black
    Chameleon gray
    Nomad Black
    V10 black
    True North 853