bi-winning

Ride to Eramosa Karst Conservation Area [o]

Today's ride took me to a little conservation area in East Hamilton I had never been to before.

The Eramosa Karst is Hamilton Conservation Authority's newest conservation area. Filled with underground caves and streams, meadows and forests, this is one of the watershed’s unique natural gems. More than four kilometers of trails, boardwalks and bridges take you through escarpment forests and meadows, unique geological formations

Oh, and I found a Loonie in the bike lane along Stone Church Rd on the way home.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Dorkimus Prime
    Nice shots, Ryan. I did a ride in this area as well today. That's why that loonie is mine, I dropped it today. Swearsies.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

bi-winning

Prove it

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Nice shots, Ryan. I did a ride in this area as well today. That's why that loonie is mine, I dropped it today. Swearsies.
    If you can correctly identify the date on it, it's all yours.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

namagomi
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__ View Post
    Today's ride took me to a little conservation area in East Hamilton I had never been to before.

Oh, and I found a Loonie in the bike lane along Stone Church Rd on the way home.
    Reminds of of this tree...

I don't think you want to get too close to either of them

bi-winning

Sunday Singletrack

This morning I was browsing MTBR, and came across this video.

It made me want to go ride some singletrack.

So I did.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Evil Jr.
    I really like visiting Eramosa Karst. Even after living here for eight years now, we only went for the first time last winter. The trail system is pretty basic but it's nice and it will eventually be part of a big trail loop out in that end of town.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    I really like visiting Eramosa Karst. Even after living here for eight years now, we only went for the first time last winter. The trail system is pretty basic but it's nice and it will eventually be part of a big trail loop out in that end of town.
    Do you know any more details about this loop - route, timeframe? I rode to the Eramosa Karst for the first time a few weeks ago, coming from the Red Hill trails under Mud St. and then on the MUP that ends at Upper Mt Albion Rd. Beautiful area, and starting from the central mountain, if I could loop back linking up some other trails that would be great!

I tried the south mountain hydro line, but after a couple of days of rain that was an absolute no-go.

Evil Jr.
    Here's what I know: East Mountain Trial Loop. I'm not sure about the completion date but they've been at it a while.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.