bi-winning

Rick Mercer rides the velodrome

I watched the Rick Mercer Report today, and Rick took a trip to London. You can watch the clip here:

http://www.cbc.ca/mercerreport/#696321712

(4th clip)
    Last edited by rkj__; 03-28-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Made in Canada
    I read this in the LFP and forgot to watch it broadcast!! Thanks for the post, I totally forgot!
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

veldrijder
    Good call on posting this here - I saw it but didn't think to post on mtbr (it had already been posted to my team's blog/site). Pretty entertaining, and good publicity for the FCV too.

Student
    That was great. Thanks for the post.
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    You know , he did all right riding

We may have another convert on our hands

Made in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy
    You know , he did all right riding

We may have another convert on our hands
    All we need is to get him out mountain biking now...
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ...you see that he's open to invites...why not have a team at a 24 hr race possibly invite him to race with them. Hook him up with a bike, lights, and send him out...let hilarity ensue. He might even be up for it hehe.... Maybe find a race with a "kiddie race" and let him enter in that for more even competition....

It was a good bit indeed, and just crazy to see more velodrome action

Tim

Made in Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Sullycanpara
    ...you see that he's open to invites...why not have a team at a 24 hr race possibly invite him to race with them. Hook him up with a bike, lights, and send him out...let hilarity ensue. He might even be up for it hehe.... Maybe find a race with a "kiddie race" and let him enter in that for more even competition....

It was a good bit indeed, and just crazy to see more velodrome action

Tim
    Well, he's been out offroading in a Jeep so anything is possible... now he just has to do it under his own power lol. Yea I think that plan would work out great, hey what's the worst that can happen from sending out an offer??

Looking for Adventure
    As usual, he was very funny and gave the sport a good impression. I particularly noticed that the crowd in the stands was lively and cheering him on.......great media.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way