Results 1 to 53 of 53
  1. #1
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299

    Replacement For the Uxbridge Icebreaker??

    Found this little tidbit on Pinkbike....

    http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listco...threadid=96216

    Can't confirm on the OCA website as the calender seems to have done a David Copperfield..

  2. #2
    Loving Life
    Reputation: Trev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    354
    I hope it works out, I'm looking forward to the long course and I love mansfield!

  3. #3
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Oh cripes, not Mansfield again! Let's see, O-Cup #1, the Spring 8, Lifestyles, a Marathon, the Winter WOW and now this. I love riding there but this is all a bit much.

    I say we should all just get together on the day the race SHOULD have been and do a gorilla Icebreaker. Most of us know the forest well enough to make a course and I heard somewhere that 2010 was the year for underground events anyway.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  4. #4
    snowbound
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by [I
    I say we should all just get together on the day the race SHOULD have been and do a gorilla Icebreaker.[/I]
    Sounds good to me!

  5. #5
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    761
    Gorilla? Guerilla??

    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I say we should all just get together on the day the race SHOULD have been and do a gorilla Icebreaker.
    Looks like the OCA has "Homage to Ice" on the calendar:

    http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...nfo.php?ID=947
    Jouko

  6. #6
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko
    Gorilla? Guerilla??
    Homonyms > me!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  7. #7
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    761
    ...not that there is anything wrong with that!

    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Homonyms > me!
    Jouko

  8. #8
    veldrijder
    Reputation: jmoote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko
    Looks like the OCA has "Homage to Ice" on the calendar:

    http://www.ontariocycling.org/web_pa...nfo.php?ID=947
    Is this really a good idea? The Icebreaker historically had anywhere from good to horrible conditions, but the singletrack was limited. To race in Mansfield on Apr 11 with a bunch of singletrack in the course sounds like a recipe for trail damage and potentially a less than fun event.

    I know everyone's anxious to get on their mtb at the beginning of the season, but it's really not a good idea. Apr 11 is also the date for Hell of the North, so if you want to race your bike in Ontario that day it is the place to be. With the Good Friday road race the week before and Paris-Ancaster the week following, there's plenty to keep us occupied until the first O-Cup.

  9. #9
    I Wanna Be Sedated
    Reputation: Jouko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    761
    I wonder about this as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    To race in Mansfield on Apr 11 with a bunch of singletrack in the course sounds like a recipe for trail damage and potentially a less than fun event.
    Additionally, as Marc pointed out, with all the Mansfield events in the spring (plus the XC skiing in the winter), it may be one too many events at one place. As much as I love Mansfield, I'll be skipping this one.
    Jouko

  10. #10
    veldrijder
    Reputation: jmoote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Mansfield is a favourite of mine for sure, which is one reason I'm concerned about tires rolling over those trails that early in the season. Combine that with the many other events held there (even if I'm not doing them all) and yes, it doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

  11. #11
    bi-winning
    Reputation: rkj__'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Jouko
    I'll be skipping this one.
    I'm not interested either. O-Cup 1 and and the Spring 8 provide me with all the Mansfield I need.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

  12. #12
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,917
    Mansfield being very sandy should be super resilient to early season snow melt... id venture to say, less trail damage happens when its wet there as opposed to dry.

    The Hilton Falls All Weather Challenge has been moved to April 25th, which im bummed about... so I may end up doing this as an early season benchmark.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    http://soundcloud.com/deejayfeelgood

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    33

    From the Organizer

    Hi everyone, thanks for the interest! A couple issues come up and quite frankly I don't blame you for your concerns, I hope thought that I can address some of them, and that everyone has a good time that weekend where ever we ride.

    Trail damage: the course will not be set until mid week before the event. This location was chosen as it is very sandy and the drainage is phenomenal. We have a marathon there later in the year, we don't want these or any other trails ruined. if there is a lot of snow or too much moisture we will be sticking to the forest road/double track and very high single track. It should be fun and a great way to test your legs out on dirt, not a chance to ruin trails! If there is damage to some trails we will be in there fixing them.

    To many races at Mansfield: Again I would tend to agree. But we are only using mansfield for the registration and Start Finish line. We would start in the same area that the horses use in Dufferin County Forest and list that as the location, but incase the weather is a little off, and for the bathrooms, we decided to start it at the main lodge. Up the road, and out into the Dufferin County.

    Ruining your bike: I will be using my single speed! I wrecked a few bikes at the icebreaker over the years, but I still came back...

    This event was started due to someone calling us and begging for a race that weekend. We checked into it and there were others. So here we are. It has taken a lot of work in a short time, but I hope that the people who come out enjoy themselves. We will still be running a great marathon series but I noticed that there is a lack of citizens races for people to start out in the sport at.

    I hope to see some of you out there.

    Dan

  14. #14
    Loving Life
    Reputation: Trev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    354
    I will defrinately be making it out for sure, I need a good long race to test out the legs before P2A

  15. #15
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    With the Good Friday road race the week before...
    Oh ya, I'll be driving one of the chase cars on Good Friday so mind those centre line infractions or I'll be on you like a fat kid on a Smartie!

    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Oh ya, I'll be driving one of the chase cars on Good Friday so mind those centre line infractions or I'll be on you like a fat kid on a Smartie!

    PLEASE DO IT!

    I don't know if I'm doing Good Friday or not this year, but to be honest, one of the factors would be my dissatisfaction in the last 2 km of the race last year, where I was at or near the front, trying to hold my position for the sprint, when we were not only passed, but boxed in by a long line of riders fragrantly breaking the yellow line rule. I heard one of the strongest riders in our group, who won at least once in M2 last year say, "there goes the %$&#ing race" as it happened, and he was right.

  17. #17
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    I won't be in much of a position to sprint for the win (or much else) from where I'll be sitting in my race but it has been acknowledged that centre-line infractions were a problem.

    There are changes afoot to make the race safer for everyone but the Commissaires (not the HCC) are the ones that are responsible for enforcing the rules. As a driver, all I can do is drive and point.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  18. #18
    Gears, beers and slices..
    Reputation: Pizza_Royale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    316
    April 11? Unfortunately I can't make that race. I'll be out riding Copeland Forest as fast as I can with my super agressive knobbies that day.

  19. #19
    veldrijder
    Reputation: jmoote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    The yellow line rule is a tough one - if it's in place, then yes everyone has to follow it or a great advantage can be had by moving up at key times in the opposite lane. On the other hand, I feel that the rule is the cause of well over half the crashes in local races, because guys get bumped over the line (either physically or not) and then have to mash back into the bunch to avoid an infraction.

    Much clarification should be made by the OCA on just how the rule is to be enforced - ideally you'd see 100% DQ for those using the opposite lane to advance, but also let people know that they needn't panic if they accidentally end up there, as long as they do not use it to gain advantage.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Oh ya, I'll be driving one of the chase cars on Good Friday so mind those centre line infractions or I'll be on you like a fat kid on a Smartie!

    Keep in mind... its not always the fault of the person crossing the line, sometimes you got to do what you can to avoid the pavement.
    When I get dropped can you pick me up? Thanks!

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    48
    Do you have any info on Hell of the North for this year - can't seem to find anything for 2010?

  22. #22
    Economy Stimulator
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    351
    you can borrow my HD vid cam should you wish to document said infractions...but pointing and yelling may be more fun.

  23. #23
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    The centre line rule is in place mainly in the name of safety. In particular, the 5-0 are really big on it and if there are enough flagrant infractions, they will close roads without consultation (which can end up costing the organisers a lot more money than they had planned AND makes "next year's race" that much more complicated to negotiate).

    It's not about people accidentally crossing the line or doing so in the name of self-preservation; it's about keeping the bulk of the race on the correct side of the road.

    But yes, the pointing and yelling should be a lot of fun.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  24. #24
    veldrijder
    Reputation: jmoote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Oh we all know what the real spirit of the rule is, but the commissaires seem to DQ guys who have no choice but to be there momentarily only to "not pay attention" when 10 guys move up all the way to the front.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: veteran_youth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza_Royale
    April 11? Unfortunately I can't make that race. I'll be out riding Copeland Forest as fast as I can with my super agressive knobbies that day.
    Fun fact: as long as your bike is not sporting a number plate trails are impervious to any potential damage caused by it.

  26. #26
    Loving Life
    Reputation: Trev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    354
    When's the registration open for this?

  27. #27
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth
    Fun fact: as long as your bike is not sporting a number plate trails are impervious to any potential damage caused by it.
    The above effect is tripled if one is not wearing a sausage suit.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    33

    registration question

    Another note from the promoter here, our site is under construction, but the technical guide should be up by the end of this week.

    Registration is available on the OCA web site already, and we will be posting the mail in registration with the technical guide.


    Dan

  29. #29
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    There's an ad for the Hell of the North on page 13 of the 2010 OCA guide which points you here. The registration link wasn't working when I checked but it might be up now.

    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  30. #30
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    There's an ad for the Hell of the North on page 13 of the 2010 OCA guide which points you here. The registration link wasn't working when I checked but it might be up now.


    Sadly, no bike- for this. The 29er will come to late.

  31. #31
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    29er?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enduramil
    Sadly, no bike- for this. The 29er will come to late.
    I thought you'd never do it... I guess pigs do fly...

  32. #32
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    I thought you'd never do it... I guess pigs do fly...
    Do which??

  33. #33
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,917
    Just found out that this is in my backyard.

    Think I might do this! (roadie content)

    http://www.tourofbronte.com/
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    http://soundcloud.com/deejayfeelgood

  34. #34
    veldrijder
    Reputation: jmoote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Think I might do this! (roadie content)
    Senior 3? I am fairly certain I'm going to choose ToB that day, as it's a lot less far to drive than Hell of the North. Strange that they combined us with the M3s and S4 with Cadets, but I'm guessing most of the M3s will be dropped after a couple laps and those that aren't should probably be racing M2 anyway.

  35. #35
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    Senior 3? I am fairly certain I'm going to choose ToB that day, as it's a lot less far to drive than Hell of the North. Strange that they combined us with the M3s and S4 with Cadets, but I'm guessing most of the M3s will be dropped after a couple laps and those that aren't should probably be racing M2 anyway.
    Yup, hopefully s3. Apparently theres only 4m of elevation change... sounds like itll end up being like a crit!
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    http://soundcloud.com/deejayfeelgood

  36. #36
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    category question

    so which category does one sign up for? i have never done this kind of races... 47y old... is it M3 or should i go for M2? CAN i be M2 since i haven't raced this before? etc... thanks...

    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Yup, hopefully s3. Apparently theres only 4m of elevation change... sounds like itll end up being like a crit!

  37. #37
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    so which category does one sign up for? i have never done this kind of races... 47y old... is it M3 or should i go for M2? CAN i be M2 since i haven't raced this before? etc... thanks...
    Since you havent done an OCA road race before, you have to start in m3 regardless of ability.

    Its because, generally speaking, newbies dont know how to hold a line on the road. So they start you off in the slower categories so you can learn pack riding dynamics.

    I remember hearing about quite a few crashes that were caused by MTBers that didnt know how to hold a line or how to stand up for a climb. Its a very different type of riding, alot more self awareness required!
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    http://soundcloud.com/deejayfeelgood

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    33

    press release

    Just in case anyone wanted more info, here is our latest press release.
    Hopefully this new series can be a great place to bring the new people out and try some racing.
    Dan



    Website: www.substanceprojects.com

    March 11, 2010, Toronto, ON

    substance projects wants riders of all levels to “Get Riding” on April 11 as it launches a new mountain bike racing series for Southern Ontario

    With its new “Get Riding/Get Racing” racing series, substance projects offers learn-to-ride clinics, a five km category for first-time racers and multi-lap xc races, for riders of all levels.

    With its new “Get Riding/Get Racing” series, substance projects has planned unique events that give riders of all skill levels an opportunity to ride and race:
    - A five km category for new racers
    - One- or two-hour races for experienced riders or those in training for longer races, like the next Ontario Cup or substance projects’ Marathon/Half-Marathon series.
    - Learn-to-race clinics in advance of select events that are geared to helping first-time racers get ready for their first “Get Riding/Get Racing” event.

    Confirmed dates are April 11 in the Dufferin County Forest (25 km and 50 km events only), north of Mansfield Outdoor Centre, billed as the “Homage to Ice” event and May 2 in Durham Forest as part of the Durham Forest Mountain Bike Festival. Two more races are planned for summer and fall.

    “The one or two hour races are a great opportunity to have fun and tune your fitness,” says substance projects’ founder Dan Marshall. “ The ‘Get Riding/Get Racing’ series is your chance to try something new or to just race with your friends and family.”

  39. #39
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceprojects
    “The one or two hour races are a great opportunity to have fun and tune your fitness,” says substance projects’ founder Dan Marshall. “ The ‘Get Riding/Get Racing’ series is your chance to try something new or to just race with your friends and family.”
    It would be great if this series really took off. I remember the good old days of the Enduro Series when the fields would number in the hundreds from the Icebreaker to the Gear Grinder. It's where Mrs. Monster and I started "racing" and there were people out of all stripes.

    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Since you havent done an OCA road race before, you have to start in m3 regardless of ability.
    That's where I'll be for Good Friday. My plan is just to sit in (assuming I can keep pace) and figure out what I'm doing. I figure even if I get dropped, it's a great ride and a great appetite builder for Easter dinner.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  40. #40
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    hmmm, that was not my concern

    I am very comfortable riding in the pack - I have been regularly riding with a big pack (30-50) of fairly fast riders, trimming down to 10ish by the mid ride, hammering at 40+ average for 30+ minutes, reaching 50+ km/h on occasion and ending up in sprint finish...

    Given, these were not races, but I do have pack riding required skills.

    However, I understand event requirements and thanks for the info. Is there any way I can suggest being moved up a group if M3 is too slow?

    I hear that roadies often cause havoc at PtoA singlespeed sections due to their lack of MTB skills and ethics... Not to mention their sausage suits and shaved legs and what not...

    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Since you havent done an OCA road race before, you have to start in m3 regardless of ability.

    Its because, generally speaking, newbies dont know how to hold a line on the road. So they start you off in the slower categories so you can learn pack riding dynamics.

    I remember hearing about quite a few crashes that were caused by MTBers that didnt know how to hold a line or how to stand up for a climb. Its a very different type of riding, alot more self awareness required!

  41. #41
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    linkey to this race??

    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster



    That's where I'll be for Good Friday. My plan is just to sit in (assuming I can keep pace) and figure out what I'm doing. I figure even if I get dropped, it's a great ride and a great appetite builder for Easter dinner.
    please?

  42. #42
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Glad to oblige! LINKY

    Registration isn't open just yet but as an insider () I can tell you it's very imminent.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  43. #43
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    I

    Given, these were not races, but I do have pack riding required skills.

    However, I understand event requirements and thanks for the info. Is there any way I can suggest being moved up a group if M3 is too slow?

    I hear that roadies often cause havoc at PtoA singlespeed sections due to their lack of MTB skills and ethics... Not to mention their sausage suits and shaved legs and what not...
    Give it a shot, I was able to start in S3 (instead of S4) by virtue of stating I had plenty of road experience. (Local club races etc..)
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    http://soundcloud.com/deejayfeelgood

  44. #44
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    yeah, just checked

    results from the last year... many guys in Master 2 that I recognize... This is a straight road race - I'd have to use my fast road bike in order to be competitive, i guess... CX bike wouldn't cut it here, am I correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Give it a shot, I was able to start in S3 (instead of S4) by virtue of stating I had plenty of road experience. (Local club races etc..)

  45. #45
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    results from the last year... many guys in Master 2 that I recognize... This is a straight road race - I'd have to use my fast road bike in order to be competitive, i guess... CX bike wouldn't cut it here, am I correct?
    For the Good Friday road race? Well, I know you're a machine, but I'd be pretty impressed if a CX bike could keep up with all the Pinarello Princes and $10,000 wheel sets I saw out there last year. It would be an impressive achievement...

  46. #46
    veldrijder
    Reputation: jmoote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Glad to oblige! LINKY

    Registration isn't open just yet but as an insider () I can tell you it's very imminent.
    Registration is most definitely open at www.ontariocycling.org

    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    results from the last year... many guys in Master 2 that I recognize... This is a straight road race - I'd have to use my fast road bike in order to be competitive, i guess... CX bike wouldn't cut it here, am I correct?
    The only thing I'd be worried about on your CX bike would be the gearing. Otherwise, throw some 23s on there and go for it. I've seen more than a couple cross bikes in M3/S4 with people who didn't necessarily have road bikes/weren't sure if they'd do much road racing.

  47. #47
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    Registration is most definitely open at www.ontariocycling.org
    Well yay to that! I was mis-informed! Mea culpa!
    Last edited by garage monster; 03-11-2010 at 11:46 AM.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    I am very comfortable riding in the pack - I have been regularly riding with a big pack (30-50) of fairly fast riders, trimming down to 10ish by the mid ride, hammering at 40+ average for 30+ minutes, reaching 50+ km/h on occasion and ending up in sprint finish...

    Given, these were not races, but I do have pack riding required skills.

    However, I understand event requirements and thanks for the info. Is there any way I can suggest being moved up a group if M3 is too slow?
    ...
    You could...I'd mention your road experience as I think the group dynamic is a major concern. Last year, a very good MTB racer had to put up with some flak on the Canadiancyclist forum for starting as an M3 and winning a race. His response, as others also pointed out, was that that is where he was told to start. Didn't keep at least one guy from calling him a sandbagger.

    otoh, there's something to be said for starting in M3 if they tell you to and having a chance to mix it up for the podium. There was another guy last year, who won almost every race he entered in M3, upgraded to M2 quickly, and was almost as successful and I think made it to M1. I think some would have been mad if he stuck around in M3 for longer, but he played by the rules, got some wins and is in M1 now.

    One other point...M3 isn't slow...none of the categories are (at least not average speed), but I'm guessing the surges aren't quite as painful or sustained as in M2.

  49. #49
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    hmm, lady...

    you must have mistaken me for someone else...

    Circlip is a machine... or... Lepper, Mark Lepper is a machine... I am a mere mortal... Animal maybe (no offense to genuine animals)... but not a machine...

    Anyway, I do not take my Scott Addict with Zipp carbon tubulars, Easton EC90 cranks, Zero Gravity brakes, 7900 all the 9 yards out until after P to A race... that is just inhumane...

    I guess I will just stay home and eat fat food.

    Or come out and ride in M3 group... or neither... I think...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    For the Good Friday road race? Well, I know you're a machine, but I'd be pretty impressed if a CX bike could keep up with all the Pinarello Princes and $10,000 wheel sets I saw out there last year. It would be an impressive achievement...

  50. #50
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    Anyway, I do not take my Scott Addict with Zipp carbon tubulars, Easton EC90 cranks, Zero Gravity brakes, 7900 all the 9 yards out until after P to A race... that is just inhumane...
    Pfft. There's been rain. All the salt is washed away already. There's no excuse not to take the Scott out for a little romp! Plus, you can try to beat Mr. Monster - both with gears!

  51. #51
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    hmmm, are you throwing me a bone?

    well, not bad... not bad... Which group will Mr. start in? Is he old enough to join the real race??

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    Pfft. There's been rain. All the salt is washed away already. There's no excuse not to take the Scott out for a little romp! Plus, you can try to beat Mr. Monster - both with gears!

  52. #52
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    I'll be in M3, right where my novice butt belongs. However, after that nonsense is over, I'm jumping into a chase car to police the really fast guys.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  53. #53
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,061

    apparently the average speed

    for this group last year was up there with fast guys... maybe because it was a shorter distance, whatever... that may be a good start... I'll see...

    the idea of beating someone's ass is motivating... better the best of the slowest than the slowest of the best... did I get this right??

    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I'll be in M3, right where my novice butt belongs. However, after that nonsense is over, I'm jumping into a chase car to police the really fast guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •