Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    Mario was a friend of mine. He was one of the good guys; volunteering countless hours on on the Trips for Kids non-profit chapter he helped founded, on Take-a-kid-mountain-biking day, trail building, leading group rides, etc. Quiet, unassuming, humble. Always the first to offer you a beer.

He commuted that same route for years. He was a safe rider. He was well aware of his vulnerability on the bike and wore a helmet cam to record the insanity of drivers he witnessed on a daily basis during his commute to work. He was riding in a designated bike lane when he was hit by right-turning tractor trailer.

Rest in peace Mario.

Evil Jr.
    That's really sad. It sounds like it will be a great loss to cycling in Ottawa.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Friends want mountain bike trail named after Mario Théoret - Ottawa - CBC News

Friends said Théoret worried about fast-moving traffic veering into designated bike lanes. For the past three weeks, he had even attached a camera to his bicycle.

“He had already captured quite a bit of footage on his daily commute. He showed me some of it,” said Cat Weaver, one of Théoret’s best friends. “Police do have the camera … they have watched footage from his commutes to work and they were shocked.”

If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

Canuckistan
    Mar 2008
    The loss of Mario certainly left a big void in the cycling community here in Ottawa. One fellow summed it up quite nicely. Mario didn't speak much, but everyone seemed to know exactly what he was thinking. I for one will miss trail days with him.

The trail will be renamed. As far as we (OttawaMBA) are concerned, it's a done deal.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Story in Macleans magazine,

Mario Pierre Théoret - The End - Macleans.ca

mtbr member

RE: Remembering Mario Theoret

Thanks for posting the article. I didnt know Mario very well and am saddened that I won't get to know him better. Ride In Peace Mario.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

mtbr member
    I lost the email, but Chico sent out the 24H of Summer Solstice registration notice.
    In it, they mentioned Mario, who had done the race in the past.
    Very classy move from Chico.
    "We will call you Cygnus, the god of balance you shall be."