mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Red Hill Creek trail? (hamilton)

has there always been a trail in the red hill valley linking the east mountain and the beachstrip? i live in the west end and it would make a great ride to go up the mountain (east) rail trail, down the redhill valley trail to the beach, beach trail to burlington, then home.

this article talks about linking it up
    http://www.thespec.com/News/Local/article/282651

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by foggy222
    has there always been a trail in the red hill valley linking the east mountain and the beachstrip?[/url]
    No. You can go from Mud St to Barton on the Red Hill Valley Trail (one new section south of King St. is too steep, trying to get that changed). The section north of Barton is not done yet, and there will be no connection to the beach trail until the bridge over the QEW is built, hopefully in a couple of years.
    You can access the beach via going west a few blocks on Melvin to Woodward, then take your chances riding on Woodward to Beach Blvd and the Lakefront Trail. Woodward should have less traffic when the Red Hill Valley Parkway opens tomorrow, but the pavement on Woodward Ave. makes a minefield look good. I ride to work on Woodward every day, it's always a challange.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    thanks langford, i appreciate the info

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by langford
    Woodward Ave. makes a minefield look good. I ride to work on Woodward every day, it's always a challange.

LOL....that might be the worst road in Hamilton. I did the Around the Bay race last year, and you had to really watch where your running on the road(it was closed off). Pot holes everywhere.