Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rad to the power of sick

Quebec Cup XC Races

Hey all,

I plan on racing a couple of the Quebec Cup races for kicks this summer (new terrain, different rider field, great party scene in montreal etc..) So I am curious as to where to find the listing of upcoming races.

In other words, where can i find the Quebec equivalent of chicoracing.com?

Help is appreciated!

LA CHÈVRE
    Here is the latest listing from the Quebec federation... I will probably do a few ones as well, I live in Montreal and this will be my first year racing though...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

rad to the power of sick
    Awesome, Thanks alot.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Do Tremblant!

Highly recommend the Tremblant Quebec/Canada Cup. Insanely technical course with a full-on World Cup vibe. You'll feel like a star racing up through the village at the bottom of the hill! Then you'll feel like a hack as the vastly superior Frenchies blow past you and show you how to ride rocky wet singletrack descents on a hardtail with semi slick tires. Good times!

Can't really speak for the rest of the series (they're really spread out and I only make it to the few that are near Ottawa) but Tremblant's always a learning experience.

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by PlanB
    Then you'll feel like a hack as the vastly superior Frenchies blow past you and show you how to ride rocky wet singletrack descents on a hardtail with semi slick tires. Good times!
    Exactly the experience i was going for. For some reason, I dont think my superb Albion skills will translate to much there.

mtbr member
    Great idea Aaron

Burnt Orange Lives

you do have SUPERB Albion skills?

really?

i didnt know, sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Exactly the experience i was going for. For some reason, I dont think my superb Albion skills will translate to much there.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    really?

i didnt know, sorry...
    That was inevitable
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    I remember the first time the ontario cup circuit came to the ottawa area in the late 90s and they had to hold the race at Camp Fortune (which is actually in Chelsea, Quebec) and most of the hardwood/albion racers were just so pulverized by not only the quebec-cup regulars, but hell, EVERY local rider. Their comments were like "you guys ride this course for your fun series?!" or "this is insane, I signed up for sport not world cup pro..."
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    I remember the first time the ontario cup circuit came to the ottawa area in the late 90s and they had to hold the race at Camp Fortune (which is actually in Chelsea, Quebec) and most of the hardwood/albion racers were just so pulverized by not only the quebec-cup regulars, but hell, EVERY local rider. Their comments were like "you guys ride this course for your fun series?!" or "this is insane, I signed up for sport not world cup pro..."
    I like getting pulverized, but Quebec is too far for me.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Burnt Orange Lives

let them come to Albion

where we will pulverize them with one leg around our neck... and no helmets... and noggy will run 42:14 on them...

Quote Originally Posted by rkj__

mtbr member
    Ontario riders need to spend less time looking at their HRMs and more time scaring the sh!t out of themselves.

A

Burnt Orange Lives

but, do we have to

shave our legs and chest like you guys? do we also have to quit drinking beer and switch to wine and cheese?

can i still keep wearing my HRM when i go to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by veteran_youth
    Ontario riders need to spend less time looking at their HRMs and more time scaring the sh!t out of themselves.

A

bi-winning
    do we also have to quit drinking beer and switch to wine and cheese?
    Quit drinking beer? No. The legal drinking age is lower, more loosely enforced, and you can even buy beer at the convenience store.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Burnt Orange Lives

so they do shave their legs and chest????

Quit drinking beer? No. The legal drinking age is lower, more loosely enforced, and you can even buy beer at the convenience store.

besides, you are in ontario, not quebec, right? they can defend themselves - you dont need to do that on their behalf... i want to know if anyone from Quebec did the gator pit skinny like our brave brethren did...

i doubt it...

they can shave all they want, but when they do the skinny, then we'll talk....

mtbr member
    Um, I am from Ontario, although I do smoke a half pack a day which some might say is a kinda French thing to do.

And some might say I am pretty fast.......

A

mtbr member
    And for good measure......

http://photo.specimage.com/viewimage...id=466020&c=31

Come to the Don and I will show you guys skinnies that make the snake pit look like a kiddie pool.

A

Bored
    Easily the gayest sounding post ever.
    MTBR is serious stuff.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheelboy_490
    Easily the gayest sounding post ever.
    Why thank you.

besides, you are in ontario, not quebec, right?
    Right, I'm in Ontario. I spent about 6 weeks in Quebec a few summers ago, so i have a small idea of what it is like there.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Burnt Orange Lives

good try...

but that is my friend Jimmy the Skimmy...

Who is Don?

And for good measure......

http://photo.specimage.com/viewimage...id=466020&c=31

Come to the Don and I will show you guys skinnies that make the snake pit look like a kiddie pool.

A

mtbr member
    My buddy Don is probably the finest extensive urban trail network in the province, maybe even the country! I have known him since I was 12, and he pretty much taught me everything I know about mountain biking. In the summertime we hang out almost every day. A lot of Ontario Cup racers don't like Don; they think that he is scary, or doesn't have enough "flow", whatever that means. They'd rather drive an hour to visit tamer friends who don't know how to party like Don does. But I don't have a car, and he lives right around the corner from me, so we are BFFs.

If you ever want to come meet him, gimme a shout and I would be glad to show you around his place. We could hang with him for 3 or 4 hours and I guarantee he will keep you on your toes the whole time; he's quite the prankster! When we're done maybe we could have a beer with him or something.

So, that's about the best I can explain Don. If he sounds like an interesting guy now, just wait! He really must be experienced in person.

Andrew

Burnt Orange Lives

aha, so Don is your friend...

look what your friend did to me:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...07#post1783807

i know that mothe@#@!er very well... didnt know he was your friend... i think i should kick your a$$, since Don is to big for me...

My buddy Don is probably the finest extensive urban trail network in the province, maybe even the country! I have known him since I was 12, and he pretty much taught me everything I know about mountain biking. In the summertime we hang out almost every day. A lot of Ontario Cup racers don't like Don; they think that he is scary, or doesn't have enough "flow", whatever that means. They'd rather drive an hour to visit tamer friends who don't know how to party like Don does. But I don't have a car, and he lives right around the corner from me, so we are BFFs.

If you ever want to come meet him, gimme a shout and I would be glad to show you around his place. We could hang with him for 3 or 4 hours and I guarantee he will keep you on your toes the whole time; he's quite the prankster! When we're done maybe we could have a beer with him or something.

So, that's about the best I can explain Don. If he sounds like an interesting guy now, just wait! He really must be experienced in person.

Andrew

Singlespeed Mysty

do I really want to meet Don?

look what your friend did to me:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...07#post1783807

i know that mothe@#@!er very well... didnt know he was your friend... i think i should kick your a$$, since Don is to big for me...
    well this make me even more confident *insert sarcasm here* to meet this Don guy...

hell going through a broken leg playing soccer was horrible enough... all my crashes at Durham and Albion and I have been lucky...

maybe I'll wait to meet this MOFO another time... like next year.... yeah.... unless someone wants to give me a tour, hold my hand...

any takers? Oooogles?
    "I became a member of Team Misfit Psycles because of the free coasters"

diSSent 29er SS
    www.misfitpsycles.com

mtbr member
    osokolo: ...i think i should kick your a$$, since Don is to big for me...

You will have to catch him first. veteran_youth is one fast SSer. I only get to see him at the line up ... and then on the podium.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

mtbr member
    I met up with Don today, and he was many things but ridable wasn't one of them.

BTW sorry for the huge thread jack everybody. But I just got a new laptop 6 months after cooking my Dell, so I am quite anxious to talk some smack on forums. It is such a productive use of time.

Andrew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast