• 11-04-2012
    pikester
    Puslinch/Twin Ponds conditions
    ...anyboby been. I guessing it's dry-ish?
  • 11-04-2012
    -Todd-
    It's perfect, I was there twice this weekend.

Go for it!
  • 11-04-2012
    pikester
    Based on hat - I'm out the door...

Thanks
  • 11-05-2012
    roobydoo
    More horse poo (and harder to spot with all the leaves)

Maybe the Pugsley should get a leaf blower mounted on the front so I can see where I'm going.
    Problem is, I think all the leaves are actually helping to maintain trail conditions....

Good, but soft, about 5-7 puddles in narrow spots, so they are really getting gouged out as it's hard to get around.
    The Pines are still "A+",
    Main open trails a "B" (an "F" if you hit the poo!),
    the back technical section "C-" (due to it being really easy to get lost or off the trail in the leaves, but traction is still possible.)

A bit of sawdust or fill in the puddles would be nice, but the official use of the trails (and allowance for actual maintenance and signs) is still coming.
  • 11-05-2012
    -Todd-
    The turds are a bit of a challenge, specially when there's steam rising off them.

I did my best to keep my mouth closed...
  • 11-06-2012
    pikester
    Did get there Sunday and it was shockingly dry - it's our new fave place! Horse poo not so bad - leaves are hiding some trails. Thanks for the sit-rep Todd prior to our ride
  • 12-24-2012
    pikester
    need some local info...

Trails are frozen and ride-able?
  • 12-24-2012
    dru
    I ride there. The drainage is good. Anything much above zero and the top layer out in the open melts and gets slippery. The rest of the place stays frozen though. The roots are well hidden by leaves and are quite slick.

Definitely ridable today and the rest of the week. Have fun.
  • 12-29-2012
    -Todd-
    What's it been like in Puslinch since the snow fell? Anyone been out riding the singletrack yet?
  • 12-30-2012
    pikester
    Was thinking about Puslinch for Monday - 2 degrees

Any updates?
  • 01-01-2013
    broadwayline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    Was thinking about Puslinch for Monday - 2 degrees

Any updates?

Also curious, anyone?
  • 01-03-2013
    -Todd-
    Was there tonight, conditions are great. Some of the singletrack is too deep to roll thru, there's lots of other areas to stretch your legs out. The Pines are good to go, there's no ice and the snow is packed down nicely. A good base that you can even get a decent lean into.

Have fun!
  • 01-04-2013
    pikester
    appreciate the update - think a buddy and I will head there Sunday
  • 01-16-2013
    cyclop
    I rode the trail yesterday, conditions where amazing for this time of the year. Also just to let you know, trail have been updated with more blue and yellow markings making it easier to find your way around:)
  • 01-18-2013
    -Todd-
    Beauty! I can't wait to roll Puslinch tonight!
  • 01-19-2013
    sharklasers
    I rode there late Thursday afternoon, -4C. Trails were great. Ground was frozen, and at most 1 mm of fresh snow covering it. No ice. All trails (pines, hardwoods) are ridable.

edit: DOH! I can't post images until I have 10 posts. But I posted some on my blog. PM me if interested.
  • 01-26-2013
    sharklasers
    Trails were great this morning. Snow has been lightly packed. Lots of cyclist arriving around noon time.
  • 01-26-2013
    dru
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sharklasers View Post
    Trails were great this morning. Snow has been lightly packed. Lots of cyclist arriving around noon time.

You blog is great. Being I know the Hydrocut and Puslinch quite well it was nice to read someone else's take on them.

Drew
  • 01-27-2013
    broadwayline
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sharklasers View Post

Thanks! This motivated me to go rip it - also your trail reports on your site are great :thumbsup:
  • 01-27-2013
    dru
    I was out two hours this afternoon. Awesome conditions. I even cruised across the frozen pond.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/17...m/IMG_3004.JPG

http://gallery.mtbr.com/data/mtbr/17...m/IMG_2997.JPG

Drew
  • 01-27-2013
    sharklasers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dru View Post
    You blog is great. Being I know the Hydrocut and Puslinch quite well it was nice to read someone else's take on them.
    Drew

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback.

Quote:

Originally Posted by broadwayline View Post
    Thanks! This motivated me to go rip it - also your trail reports on your site are great :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dru View Post
    I was out two hours this afternoon. Awesome conditions. I even cruised across the frozen pond.
    Drew

I recognize those tires . . . Schwalbe Ice Spikers. Have a set of those myself :thumbsup:.
  • 02-22-2013
    pikester
    OMG I've been off the bike for too long.
    Thinking of Puslinch this Sat or Sunday

Hopefully the trails aren't too icy?

Dru? Todd? Others?
  • 02-22-2013
    -Todd-
    Friends have mentioned that its 70% passable, lots of the double and some of the singletrack is packed down and rideable. The ice here in Waterdown was brutal yesterday, completely unpassable and dangerous as I don't run studs...

I might try Puslinch on Sunday as well.
  • 02-22-2013
    pikester
    Thanks Todd - know I could count on you. If we don't go Sat I'll perhaps see you Sunday.
  • 02-23-2013
    kOALApLOW
    As of 2:30 today, all of the double track is packed and thoroughly rideable--Thanks You's walkers, doggers, atv'ers and snowmo's. The Dark Side, and much of the Piney's are totally snowed-in, or post-holed...(shame on you, Fat-"bikers"...)
    "Gay Trucker" (behind the 401 service stop) is packed/trampled powder on ice--perfecto.