Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    I'm sure Dru, Todd and Koala can't read this because they took the day off and are currently riding Puslinch in the snow.

Enjoy!

Workin for the weekend!
    I hear that Puslinch is looking better everyday... North side is soft, but the south side is clear and drying more every day after today's weather, I'm sure you can make a decent loop without making a mess of your ride...

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Love it! Last time i was out (4.6.13), the nrth side was still crazy icy, but crushable! The South (darK) side was insanely good! No traffic since Chinese New Year meant it was "bone-dry" and rockin'! I am going ape to make the first "non-snow" mountain biking riding this year!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Today's conditions were off the chain! Dry-to-dusty(!) in spots, a couple of mudholes in the usual areas; hero-dirt everywhere else. Everywhere. Get out there now! The parking lot was pretty much full up with scowling, nonplussed Freds, for some reason. Nevertheless, Get Out There, Now! The forecasted precip. is only gonna' make it better. For reals. Getouttherenow.

Workin for the weekend!
    Had some good fun at Puslinch last night, until I destroyed the freehub on my wheels... Trails are is great condition, stay on the south side to stay clean...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I did the Pine Side Sunday morning. Conditions where just amazing. Mind you temperature was just bellow freezing when I started. But anyways, 95% of the trail was nice and dry with only few usual soft spots.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Planning to ride my x bike there on Sunday. I've been told it's a good place for x bike if I stay out of the hardwoods. If anyone is there Friday or Saturday and can update on conditions would be appreciated, because if it's not good I could go elsewhere. Thx

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I was there on Tuesday. Conditions were great. Boy, is it a busy place on a Tuesday night - parking lot was almost full, a few big groups riding.
    Such a great spot to ride. I would expect conditions will be good on the weekend - I'll be there on Sunday.
    I didn't realize how much deadwood there was in the pines. After that wind we've had, there is deadfall everywhere. Some on the trail, a couple in bad spots. Not sure what the status is on trail maintenance - haven't heard anything more from the plans back in 2011.

mtbr member
    Anything new at Puslinch? New trails ? Conditions?
    Meeting a friend there on Sunday am (if not raining)

The good news is I assume you can sneak into the 401 service center post-ride for a Starbucky!

Workin for the weekend!
    It's a little overgrown in some parts, and very buggy, but it's always dry in Puslinch...
    Todd

mtbr member
    Todd / Dru and other Puslinchers - would you ride tomorrow after rain like today?

Plan is to meet two buddies at 9am Sun - but this has been a bit of rain.
    In the end we didn't go - Thanks though
    Last edited by pikester; 07-20-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: update

Workin for the weekend!
    A heads up to the riders at Puslinch, there has been an obscene amount of trail modification, someone is pulling rocks and boulders out of the trail leaving behind craters that are hidden under the leaves.

Riders, Hikers and Equestrian are at risk for injury because of this kind of action, hopefully someone catches the party involved and makes an example of them. Many of the rock features have been disassembled. This has been going on all week, it looked like someone was doing it this morning, the displaced rocks were stil wet on the bottom.

Most of what I saw was in the Hardwoods, with a few areas in the Pines as well.

WTF?
    Todd

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    A heads up to the riders at Puslinch, there has been an obscene amount of trail modification, someone is pulling rocks and boulders out of the trail leaving behind craters that are hidden under the leaves.
    That's really unfortunate. Could be any number of reasons why various types of trail users (maybe a mountain biker, maybe not) who might think this is an improvement to the trail. Someone very new to mountain biking who is local to the area might be thinking this is better for them to ride with small kids, or safer, or anything else similar without realizing this is the character of the trail and desirable in many cases. Hopefully someone will come across the person doing this "work" and educate them. Maybe some signage needs to be posted by the landowner, or at least with the landowner's permission?
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

mtbr member
    I was up there bout a week ago and you can no longer get to the trails from the service center as they put up a fence all the way around , blocking access .

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by -Todd- View Post
    Maybe unrelated but I've also recently encountered motocross bikers on the single tracks.

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by sharklasers View Post
    Maybe unrelated but I've also recently encountered motocross bikers on the single tracks.
    Yea I've seen a few this year. However, I've also seen cops patrolling the area for motorized vehicles. I even happened to see a couple MX'ers get busted and handed tickets!

Regarding the trail modifications, something is definitely going on. I was pissed to see the few rock features in the pine sections pulled out. Funny thing is, the next week I came and someone had put the boulders back on one of the sections, albeit all loosey goosey like.

Is there an advocacy group that looks after the trails here? There's been some awesome new trail added in the last couple years but I haven't a clue who's doing it. This is really a gem of a ride destination, and I'd hate to see it closed off, or buffed out for liability reasons.

I ride here 2-3 times a week and would love to help out.

Aside from that, I was out a couple days ago, and the trails are primo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer View Post
    Is there an advocacy group that looks after the trails here? There's been some awesome new trail added in the last couple years but I haven't a clue who's doing it. This is really a gem of a ride destination, and I'd hate to see it closed off, or buffed out for liability reasons.
    No advocacy group. GRCA owns the land. There was going to be the Puslinch Tract Recreation Association (PTRA) but that quickly fell apart .

The only official trail, maintained by the GRCA, is the figure eight double track.

Everything else was/is done by the community of trail users (bikers, hikers, horseback riders, xc-skiers, joggers, dog walkers, etc).
    Last edited by sharklasers; 10-14-2014 at 01:16 PM.

mtbr member
    This is a head scratcher - haven't been for a while and know the rock gardens that are being referred to. I balked at them the first couple of times and appreciated it when I could finally ride them.
    Has to be a newbie - hope they get "educated".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3