Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Sun. report same as Saturday. Did 2 hours, excellent!

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kOALApLOW View Post
    As of 2:30 today, all of the double track is packed and thoroughly rideable--Thanks You's walkers, doggers, atv'ers and snowmo's. The Dark Side, and much of the Piney's are totally snowed-in, or post-holed...(shame on you, Fat-"bikers"...)
    "Gay Trucker" (behind the 401 service stop) is packed/trampled powder on ice--perfecto.
    I didn't know any of these trail names. Nice!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Got there Sunday afternoon - Double track whicjh was more like single track was a treat to ride. Pines was a bit bumpy with more ice sticking through the snow - not so fun. Great to be on the bike again. I have a map from the Waterloo Cycling club's website that uses different names - no idea where gay trucker or darksire are?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    Got there Sunday afternoon - Double track whicjh was more like single track was a treat to ride. Pines was a bit bumpy with more ice sticking through the snow - not so fun. Great to be on the bike again. I have a map from the Waterloo Cycling club's website that uses different names - no idea where gay trucker or darksire are?
    Yah, those are some of the extremely "colloquial" terms applied to some of the loops. I don't know who named the loops on the WCC map. Gay Trucker refers to the "Twisted Siesta" section on the WCC map; The Dark Side pretty much references the red loops on the South side of tract.

mtbr member
    Actually now I can see how both "Gay Trucker" and "the Dark side" fit in as good descriptors of those trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Totally, eh?

Workin for the weekend!
    Did a few laps on the double track, where a kind snowmobiler has paked down a path so we can stretch our legs... Snow was nice and fast, a little icy on the north side leading into the trails, but not enough to turn me around.

A fatbike would have been a great idea this winter...

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Don't know about that - seems everytime we get a decent snowfall, before it gets a chance to firm up we get a thaw that turns it icy.

mtbr member
    What will be the effect of these temps on Puslinch.

Soft and unrideable or rideable?

mtbr member
    I'm guessing soft and slushy and unride-able?

slipped yesterday - put my handle bar into my quad - what's the cure for that?

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I was having fun on Saturday..... until I had a little get off into some bushes. Of course, the middle finger has to snag one of the branches as my hand passes through the bush. I wasn't sure if I broke it at 1st because it was at such a weird angle. Luckily it was just a severe sprain. I rode out, and now the finger is the size of sausage. Can't hardly bend it, guess I'll just road ride for a while. I was going so slow, damn.....

Drew
    occasional cyclist

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    I'm guessing soft and slushy and unride-able?

slipped yesterday - put my handle bar into my quad - what's the cure for that?
    Breaking off your shifter, that's what I did. 2nd last crash at Puslinch in fact.

And yes the handle bar into the quad does hurt.....

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    That makes my leg feel a bit better - but that certainly sounds like a broken finger?

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    No luckily not broken. Just a bad sprain. I could see the internal bleeding begin almost minutes afterwards. In the worst version of the sprain I could have actually torn the ligament off the bone. Didn't happen. Swelling is down substantially today, and I'm already getting quite a bit of motion back. It will be few months ore more though before it's right again.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Conditions in the a.m. on 3.17.2013 & 3.18.2013 were perfect. Packed crystal over ice; 90+% .

Should remain the same (in the A.M., at least) til Sun/Mon.

Bring The Action.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Conditions today remains very good to excellent! Fresh, pure powder over crushed snow/ice...heroic! Earlier in the mornings looks excellent all the way to Monday!!

Bring The Action.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm going to try to hurt myself tomorrow again, just for fun. Sounds like studs aren't needed at all, right? 29er time then!

Luckily it's cold enough for my lobster claws, because they'll perfectly accomodate my buddy taped index & pointer fingers.

Damn, still hurts, but mostly just stiff.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have done about five passes of the Pines loops since Wed. Didn't see any other tracks but mine....Tsk, tsk. I for one am gonna's miss this Winter.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Koala, studs or none? I'm guessing they aren't needed, but I'm askin g because I really don't want to fall on the hand.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Did someone say they were gonna miss this winter - "wash thy mouth with soap"
    I'm out of my mind or winter to friggin end!

Headin' to the "Puss" tommorrow - someone please leave updated conditions - don't have studs - don't want to ride the ice.

Have a good ride today fellas.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    With 30+hours of "IceBiking" this calendar year, I'm truly gonna' miss this winter.

There's plenty of fresh/pressed powder over any ice at PoozLynch, studs need not apply...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kOALApLOW View Post
    With 30+hours of "IceBiking" this calendar year, I'm truly gonna' miss this winter.

There's plenty of fresh/pressed powder over any ice at PoozLynch, studs need not apply...
    So it's gonna b ok - have an hours drive and just want to make sure

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Oh, oh, gotta get going sooner next time, Pikester. I expect that you found it a bit melty/muddy. I missed it Sat. but did 2 hours Sunday and was out by noon. It was too warm by 11 already.

Damn, it felt good to be back on the bike, with two of my fingers taped together of course.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Dropped my daughter back to Univ at Guelph around 2:00 and just has a sense it would be messy - so met a friend in Hamilton and rode there - still lots of mushy snow etc.

Where is spring?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

3.28.2013; 07:30 to 09:30: Trails were still 90+% covered with snow/ice!!! Incredibly tractable, yet starting to melt through....Man, I'm gonna' miss this winter!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast