mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Places that sell vintage early 80s mtbs/frames

Trying to source a nice early model ross,breezer etc,chrome would be nice,trying craigslist but being from the UK people aren't interested in shipping please suggest shops that can assist,looking for a large quality butted model.chrome cruiser frame also of interest.thanks Graham

Living Life Behind Bars..
    Quote Originally Posted by gpnt
    Trying to source a nice early model ross,breezer etc,chrome would be nice,trying craigslist but being from the UK people aren't interested in shipping please suggest shops that can assist,looking for a large quality butted model.chrome cruiser frame also of interest.thanks Graham
    UK shipping is always a issue for you guys accoss the pond. Funnily enough I use Retrobike UK for trying to source out old parts. They have a great Auction Finder tool that sources out all the Ebays but you probably already know this.

Doubt you find a shop that can help you be patient your retro dream bike WILL show up on line for sale one day.

Looking for Adventure
    Bike shops now get these coming in once in a while for service. Most owners don't really know their value, and will usually not put them up for sale. Send a nice letter email to some popular bike shops here and ask them to be on the lookout for certain bikes. As long as you promise to offer some serious money, the bike owners will probably be glad to let the bike go and get a new one at the same bike shop. The bike shop may help with shipping old bike.

A win-win situation.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

Live Free or Ride!
    Kijiji or Craigslist, or even ebay is the best bet to hunt one of these down, just do a search once or twice a week.
    2007 Giant Anthem 1
    2009 Giant XTC 0

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Breezer Cloud Nine?

I know someone that has a MINT condition Breezer Cloud Nine in blue... I think he would part with it if the price was right. Only catch is it's a size Small.

PM me if you're interested...
    phil shep

COMM|T OR EAT SH|T

mtbr member

Mountain Goat

Here's an ebay auction I just noticed earlier this week, for a really vintage Mountain Goat. Asking price is a bit steep for my wallet, but I would love to be sponsored for this...and it's a local pickup:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Not totally vintage parts, but it's probably my dream vintage bike.

Does anybody remember those bolt-on suspension forks that the MG team riders used? You would flip the front fork around backwards and attach a parallelogram linkage ahead of the stock blades, and move the wheel onto the bottom of the link. Had a through-rod with rubber bumper donuts that looked suspciously like re-purposed skateboard bumpers...