mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Pickering/Ajax/East Scar mtb riders interested in riding up to Durham Forest etc?

Hello. I'm in Pickering and looking for people in Ajax/Pickering/East-Scarborough who would like to ride up to the Glen Major, Walker & Durham Forest trails area and back, with the option of hitting Seaton and/or Greenwood trails. It's a great ride, fairly long, with a nice scenic country road ride onto the Morraine and into the trails and finishing with a mostly downhill return to the Pickering/Ajax area.

I am using this ride as a way to get in shape for a multi-day event I'm doing in september, but, I don't intend to ride at a race pace each time, and in fact, will be going at a moderate to slow pace the first few times I do this. I'm looking for people who'd like to go on this ride with me. Let me know if you're interested.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Looking for group rides, suggest two other alternatives - Toronto Bicycling Club and check out Defiant MTB on Facebook, both have various weekly rides posted.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks. I'll check those out. I'm also going to check out the Durham Cycling Group, whatever it's called.

Anybody interested in the ride up to Durham and back?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Hi Morkys,

I'm heading up to 3 Rox this afternoon for a 2-2.5 hr tempo ride. I'm also training for CTS if that's the Sept race your referring to. I'm also looking for someone to do 3-4 hr offroad (gravel/double track/single track) rides as doing them solo is like poking yourself in the eye with a nail repeatedly(not that I've tried that). The ride up and back would be a nice way to get some miles in hitting Seaton and Greenwood on the way. Let me know when you're planning on doing it in the future if you want some company.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ptcutch
    Hi Morkys,

I'm heading up to 3 Rox this afternoon for a 2-2.5 hr tempo ride. I'm also training for CTS if that's the Sept race your referring to. I'm also looking for someone to do 3-4 hr offroad (gravel/double track/single track) rides as doing them solo is like poking yourself in the eye with a nail repeatedly(not that I've tried that). The ride up and back would be a nice way to get some miles in hitting Seaton and Greenwood on the way. Let me know when you're planning on doing it in the future if you want some company.
    Yes, CTS is the one event I'm registered for this year. Crazy to chose that one, but, I'm going for it anyways. I just want to get through it. Another year I can try for a faster time. I went to Buckwallow yesterday and it was nice. It's a good place to warm up. No really long climbs and lot's of flowy singletrack.

We should definitely do that ride up to Durham. I have to warn you though, I'm just starting to get back into training, as I stopped for a while, so I have to work up to this ride. I'm sure I'll be able to do it within a week or so (I better be, as there isn't much more than 6 weeks left). When I lived in Ajax, I used to ride up there and ride the trails a few times a year and it was manageable. Where abouts are you? I'll PM you and we can see when may be a good time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Anybody else interested? You don't have to live in Ajax/Pickering/East Scarborough. Just have to be willing to do this ride with me from the Pickering area.