Lemmy Rules!

Paul's Dirty Do-Over

So...many of you will recall that myself, Enduramil and 14Stone hatched a plan to ride the Paul's Dirty Enduro 100k together. Paul's Dirty Enduro has a charity component, supporting the Canadian Association for Mental Health. Donations were solicited, funds were raised and all was well.

Then, a week before the race I crashed hard, broke my hand, and had to withdraw from the race.

Undaunted, 14Stone and Enduramil rolled up to the start line and proceeded to ride off into the most adverse riding conditions imaginable, thanks to a biblical amount of rain falling on race day. They made it 40k in before pulling the plug on the race. Of the 47 riders who lined up for the 100k, only 6 finished.

So I figure I owe the people kind enough to pledge donations to me 100k in the Ganny. Endura and 14Stone need to balance the ledger too. And balance it we shall.

On Saturday November 9, at 8am, the three of us, plus a number of the usual suspects, are heading out from the Ganaraska Forest Centre to ride our 100k. If anyone out there in mtbrland want to come and join us, we would love to see you out.

It's a no-drop ride, but that said, we have 100k to cover before dusk. Gauge your abilities accordingly. There is a bailout at the 60k mark, as we head back past the forest centre, so you can leave water bottles, food, extra clothes etc there. It's gonna be chilly so bundle up and recognize that although none of us are super hardcore, we will be spending a whole day riding some pretty tough trails. But it's gonna be awesome. Stay tuned for the usual trash talk and miscellaneous rumblings...
    Strava made me do it....

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Bring a set of lights to have at the gear drop just in case.

I Strava Hamburgers
    Ceremonial mounting of Pauls Dirty Enduro Plate to my bike tonight.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Unglued forgot to add........bring beer.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Wish I had been able to convince the wife to trade in the VW for.....

Lemmy Rules!
    Mission (partly) accomplished.

The cold weather thinned the group of 20-odd riders we were expecting to a small but determined force of 4. The on-board thermometer on my car plummeted from a downright civilized 7c to a chilly 0c between the 401 and the Ganny exit. Said Ganaraska assault force consistent of myself, Enduramil, SubstanceProjects and 14 Stone pedalled into Ganaraska forest at 8.00 am on Saturday morning. Kind of odd to be the smallest guy on the ride...felt dwarfed most of the day. Within 5 minutes of us starting our ride, it started to snow. Then the snow started accumulating on the ground.

But none of that spoiled an awesome day on the bike. If any of you have been reluctant to ride Ganaraska for fear of getting lost, the good folks at Bloomfield Bicycle Co have done an awesome job of marking the 60, 30 and 15k loops year round, and you owe it to yourself to go and ride there.

Full disclosure, though - we were all pretty good to keep going after the first 60k loop, but despite only 5 hours of riding time we managed to spend 6 1/2 hours in the woods and there just wasn't time to get in the full hundred before dusk.

But I got a great ride in with some good friends, and 14Stone and Enduramil completed their 100k. That's right, our very own Enduramil, with a small gap of 8 weeks in the middle, completed the Paul's Dirty Enduro and in the process raised a cr@pload of awareness and money for the Canadian Mental Health Association. Just like he said he was going to do.

All we need now is a post of Enduramil's race plate hanging on his wall of shame to complete the process.
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Well done guys. 6.5 hours to spend in that cold weather is definitely impressive.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    All we need now is a post of Enduramil's race plate hanging on his wall of shame to complete the process.
    Tacked to the wall.

Evil Jr.
    Awesome news! We were thinking of you guys that morning.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Great job guys!! A ride to be proud of.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Thanks goes to Unglued for organizing the ride. Thanks to Dan and Miro for making it less cold and mind numbing.

Thanks for the new cycling cap Barry. That makes 3 Lap Dog items now. Is there a conspiracy?

Nice day for a ride.....
    Nice work guys!
    2012 Norco CCX3
    2014 Nashbar Fatbike

Team NFI
    Mar 2007