Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 128
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669

    Paris Ancaster registrations open today

    Been waiting all day for someone else to post this.

    2014 P2A registration is now open !
    Limited time discount!
    After a great deal of effort and some unplanned delays we are pleased to launch our newly re- designed website and registration for the 21st edition of Paris to Ancaster. As a special heads up to you, a 2013 participant, we are offering a $15.00 discount on 70km registration until Saturday December 21, 2013. Full details are at Paris to Ancaster Bike Race , some 2014 highlights include,
    New date, Sunday April 27, which will hopefully allow us to gain access to some otherwise soggy sections of the course, at the same time avoiding conflicts with other events.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Is a license required only for first wave racers?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Is a license required only for first wave racers?
    I don't think a license is required for any riders.

    However UCI licensed riders can get into wave 1 without having met any of the other criteria, like a top 400 placement in last years event. So you could get into wave 1 not having a UCI, assuming a good placement in 2013.

    Paris to Ancaster Bike Race ..... scroll down.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    416
    registered!

  5. #5
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    In!
    Strava made me do it....

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Registered!

    Favorite race of the year

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ol-crank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    591
    for the 15th time, I'm in,

    now only 131 more days to get ready, let's see, lose ten pounds, that'll be easy over Christmas. Start doing the stairs at Chedoke, that'll be easy once I stop scaring myself with the wheezing, and choking. Spray a little WD-40 on my bike chain to try and stop the rusting in the basement. Aw, 131 days is a long time.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Registered!

    My first P2A.

  9. #9
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Registered!

    My first P2A.

    I predict, if my experience is any indication, that you will have a love/hate relationship with this race. Love because it is an awesome way to start the season. Hate because it is a rude awakening with respect to early season fitness. Welcome aboard.
    Strava made me do it....

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    I predict, if my experience is any indication, that you will have a love/hate relationship with this race. Love because it is an awesome way to start the season. Hate because it is a rude awakening with respect to early season fitness. Welcome aboard.
    Add to that the weather and conditions are predictably unpredictable!!
    Of course...I am in!

    Unglued are you doing the VIP thing again?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by ol-crank View Post
    Start doing the stairs at Chedoke, that'll be easy once I stop scaring myself with the wheezing, and choking.
    See you there in the new year. Usually do an hour at lunch on my work from home days. Then in March I start riding the Beach Strip trail.

  12. #12
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Yep I'm VIPing it. The post race massage was worth every penny...
    Strava made me do it....

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ol-crank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    See you there in the new year. Usually do an hour at lunch on my work from home days. Then in March I start riding the Beach Strip trail.
    I'm there about 4:00 so you won't have to listen to the wheezing and coughing. I like the Beach Strip in March to, usually ride from Queen/Aberdeen area around the bay to Stoney Creek. Lots of bike lanes so it is safer.

  14. #14
    I Strava Hamburgers
    Reputation: 14Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    726
    Man screw this race.



    ... in.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    Last day to save $15.

    My 16th appearance is now booked.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pikester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    142
    Just entered - nice to save the $15!
    Have done "le petite P2A" several times.
    1st time full distance! Yikes
    Appreciate the new later date.

  17. #17
    Dog Slow
    Reputation: Rocket Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    For the first time in a long while I will be returning, I don't know if it will turn out as well as last time but it will be good to be back.

    Paris Ancaster registrations open today-pta.jpg

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    Trying to register but keep getting error messages. Will try again later this afternoon.

    Will be my first race ever, so I'll be in the last wave. Hard goal is not to get picked up by the first cut-off shuttle LOL. Soft goal is to finish. What can I say, I'm a go-getter; I like to aim high!!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MadBlackHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    94
    Due to my work schedule i will be day of register if i can make it

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBlackHatter View Post
    Due to my work schedule i will be day of register if i can make it
    Have to register Saturday - no Sunday registrations.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MadBlackHatter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Have to register Saturday - no Sunday registrations.
    thanks for the heads up. I really hope i can make it and see if all this fat biking will pay off in the spring lol.

  22. #22
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
    For the first time in a long while I will be returning, I don't know if it will turn out as well as last time but it will be good to be back.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTA.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	860165
    Press release! The Rocket Dog/Unglued tag team is going to roll at the P2A. Assuming I can keep up.
    Strava made me do it....

  23. #23
    Ska
    Ska is offline
    Steel is real.
    Reputation: Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,269
    Frustrating new system for registration. Registered but I don't think the bus went through..........or maybe it did (?) impossible to double check. I'm registered for the race but, despite adding the bus ride to the cart (100% sure I did), it didn't show up in my confirmation. Frustrating that there was no review of your purchase before you finish up.

    Weird...

    I predict my slowest P2A yet. Too busy to try and prep. for a PB time.
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166

    Re: Paris Ancaster registrations open today

    You can probably just purchase the bus separately online since you have to log in to your profile.

    I've got a question. As this is the first race in my life, I don't know anything about race licenses. I selected "unlicensed" and it says I have to buy a day license. Where/how do I do that?

    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    See post #3.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166

    Re: Paris Ancaster registrations open today

    I'm registered for wave 4 so maybe the site says that you need a license by default.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    What is the purpose of this BUS you're talking about?
    Is it necessary to sign-up for it, or can I make due with getting a ride with my Chaufeur? (AKA, Mrs Roll)

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    What is the purpose of this BUS you're talking about?
    Is it necessary to sign-up for it, or can I make due with getting a ride with my Chaufeur? (AKA, Mrs Roll)
    The bus is necessary for people without a chauffeur. As long as you trust Mrs Roll to drop you off at the start line and make it to the finish line, you'll be fine without it!

  29. #29
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    In the past, certain Hard Men have ridden back to the start having completed the race. But that's a lot of saddle time....
    Strava made me do it....

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    In the past, certain Hard Men have ridden back to the start having completed the race. But that's a lot of saddle time....
    I prefer to show what a Hard Man I am by bucking societal norms for Hard Men and doing things my way, sometimes referred to as the easy way.
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by bishskate View Post
    I prefer to show what a Hard Man I am by bucking societal norms for Hard Men and doing things my way, sometimes referred to as the easy way.
    Name:  P2Ameme.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  121.2 KB

    I'll be a soft man all day long. I drink beer when I finish P2A. Actually, I have ridden home (about 20 km) after finishing P2A, after a few beers. Soft on the outside, hard on the inside. That's actually a pretty accurate description.

  32. #32
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    If this weather keeps up, we'll be racing this thing on Fatbikes!!!

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    April 27 - that's almost summer. Tee shirts and shorts, flip flops.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    April 27 - that's almost summer. Tee shirts and shorts, flip flops.
    God, I hope you're right.
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    563
    Quote Originally Posted by bishskate View Post
    God, I hope you're right.
    We'll be fine. Pretty muddy last year, can it be worse?

    bishskate - I like your bike names! Love both characters and got it instantly! P.S. hopefully you don't drink as much beer as Andre used to put back!

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    Thanks. I cut beer completely when losing weight and have gradually added it back to my diet. Don't want to put that 70lbs back on, but they make beer so tasty LOL.
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  38. #38
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Based on the water and such on the streets. Today would be an excellent day to take the cross bike and do some worst possible conditions riding.

    Bring a snorkel.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Pretty soon eh? Getting pumped.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    Got some advice from the owner of the bike shop in Erin a couple weeks back (forget his name, but really nice guy). He said don't wear white, glasses can make it worse as the lenses will get coated in muddy spray from the bikes in front and then you can't see, and if you're not near the front, don't bother even trying to ride the mud. You might make it but your bike will weigh double what it started as. He also said a local nurse told him they see a spike in "beaver fever" (can't remember the real name) afterwards and suggested not using a water bottle, but a hydration pack instead.

    Anyone have suggestions on tire pressure? I've been trying about 30psi I think. Also, are we likely to get ticketed for no bell since we'll be on public roads?
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by bishskate View Post
    He also said a local nurse told him they see a spike in "beaver fever" (can't remember the real name) afterwards and suggested not using a water bottle, but a hydration pack instead.
    That from putting the mud in your mouth from the waterbottle?

    P2A is muddy good times but that just freaked me out!

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayline View Post
    That from putting the mud in your mouth from the waterbottle?

    P2A is muddy good times but that just freaked me out!
    No need to be freaked-out. He said "Beaver" not "Beiber".
    Beaver fever is much less scary.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    No need to be freaked-out. He said "Beaver" not "Beiber".
    Beaver fever is much less scary.
    LOL

    Yeah, I think it is from mud on water bottle mouths, but probably because it is in/around farmland. I don't think it is as much of a concern on normal trails. I prefer a hydration pack anyway.
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  44. #44
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by bishskate View Post
    Got some advice from the owner of the bike shop in Erin a couple weeks back (forget his name, but really nice guy). He said don't wear white, glasses can make it worse as the lenses will get coated in muddy spray from the bikes in front and then you can't see, and if you're not near the front, don't bother even trying to ride the mud. You might make it but your bike will weigh double what it started as. He also said a local nurse told him they see a spike in "beaver fever" (can't remember the real name) afterwards and suggested not using a water bottle, but a hydration pack instead.

    Anyone have suggestions on tire pressure? I've been trying about 30psi I think. Also, are we likely to get ticketed for no bell since we'll be on public roads?
    You are doubtless talking about Brian Travis, the owner of Forks. A completely awesome guy whose claim to fame is re-assembing my 1992 Blizzard once the frame was repainted.

    I agree that wearing white is not a good idea. There will be mud on the course, no matter how dry it is between now and race day. I disagree on the glasses. I have always worn my Oakleys as I would rather get mud on my lenses than in my eyes. I can always take the Oakleys off if they get too much crud on them to see through. If you are, however, talking about prescription glasses vs. contacts and sunglasses/riding glasses, I agree that the latter is the better idea.

    I have never heard of anyone getting ticketed for no bell. There are so many riders on the course I cannot imagine any police singling out any riders and ticketing them for not having a bell.

    In terms of tire pressure, it depends what sort of bike you are using. If you are on a CX bike then 30psi is WAY too low. I find 50-60PSI for CX tires about right. If you are on a mountainbike, 30-40 is about right,depending on your weight and your confidence handling mud.

    Regarding the mud chute, again, you may gain ground riding, if you are lucky, but you won't lose ground walking. Again, it depends on the sore of bike you are using. IMHO the CX bikes tend to fare better in the mud chute because the narrow tires tend to cut through the mud whereas the wider tires on a MTB tend to float on top making the bike harder to control.

    A couple of other totally subjective tips for you and anyone else who is doing this for the first time:

    1. About 1km in, the course goes into a rail trail. There will be a bottleneck there. If you can get to the rail trail amongst the first riders in your wave, especially in waves 2-4, you will gain ground.

    2. The rail trail ends in a sharp right hander up a loose, rocky hill. There is usually a bottleneck there as someone always gets hung up on the climb. Be ready to dismount and run unless there is a large gap in front of you (or you are in first place)

    3. The next 50k is primarily rolling gravel terrain and rail trail. The best thing to do is to find a group of riders who are going at a similar pace to you and to work with them in a group, with different riders taking a turn on the front. YOu know, like roadies...

    4. When you go through St. George, after the feed zone, there are a couple of kids who set up a ramp for riders to jump. Hit the ramp. It'll make the kids' day

    5. If you see Biggie, tell him Ovechkin is just a little ways in front (long-standing MTBR-EC joke)

    6. There is no shame in dismounting on the final hill and pushing. There is a short pitch that is brutal just before the finish. I have usually turned myself inside out over the previous 59km (this year 69km) and so usually can't make it either.

    7. If you see people on the trail on farm lanes and around fields, it is likely their land you are riding on. Don't drop gel wrappers and remember to say "thanks" as you ride by. That way, we will all get to continue to ride over their land in future years.

    8. If you see a big guy in Lapdogs kit, riding a Norco CX bike, that is 14stone. If you want to f*** with him, tell him I am coming up behind him and looking strong.

    9. If you see a guy in lapdogs kit with an orange catlike helmet and a grey, black and white Colnago CX bike with camo bar tape, that's me. If we've never met, please introduce yourself. No matter how much I am suffering (and I anticipate that the suffering will be extreme this year) I am always pleased to meet fellow MTBR'rs

    10. In close proximity to me will be Rocketdog. It's a really big deal that he is racing. Just trust me on this.

    11. Have fun. It's a great race and a really good benchmark of early-season fitness.

    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure why, though....
    Strava made me do it....

  45. #45
    I Strava Hamburgers
    Reputation: 14Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    726
    8. If you see a big guy in Lapdogs kit, riding a Norco CX bike, that is 14stone. If you want to f*** with him, tell him I am coming up behind him and looking strong.
    This is when I:

    Name:  48836793.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  89.8 KB

  46. #46
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    11. Have fun. It's a great race and a really good benchmark of early-season fitness.

    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure why, though....

    thought you said it was fun.....seems that you can't make up your mind.

  47. #47
    Ms. Monster
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    6. There is no shame in dismounting on the final hill and pushing. There is a short pitch that is brutal just before the finish. I have usually turned myself inside out over the previous 59km (this year 69km) and so usually can't make it either.
    As a long time spectator, I beg to differ. There is shame. Don't get off! The TV cameras will capture it! The photographs will be posted on mtbr! You will have to change your screen name to Unglued!

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    6. There is no shame in dismounting on the final hill and pushing. There is a short pitch that is brutal just before the finish. I have usually turned myself inside out over the previous 59km (this year 69km) and so usually can't make it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    As a long time spectator, I beg to differ. There is shame. Don't get off! The TV cameras will capture it! The photographs will be posted on mtbr! You will have to change your screen name to Unglued!

    I concur with Nerdgirl. There is shame in walking the last hill. Rest assured, unless you are on a singlespeed, pregnant, under the age of 13 or have a bike that has been rendered inoperable (this does not include a flat tire), if I am on the final hill and catch you walking, I will heckle you.

    Last year I got to heckle the likes of Unglued & Oggie. They brought great shame upon the MTBR family.

    As a condition report. Things are drying up nicely around here. Climbed Martin Road (from halfway) on Sunday. It was in great shape, pure hard packed surface. But they'll likely gravel/grade it this week for giggles. I rode down the lower half, more flowing water and standing water than is typical, but being an old road, it's got enough of a gravel base that it's firm enough to ride.

    Beyond that, it will be P2A, the roads/rail trail will be firm and fast. Expect some sort of 'fun' when we get diverted off them.

    As a side note. I have used bottles all the years I've done it. No beaver fever yet, and haven yet to get a citation for lack of appropriate safety equipment. Though I think that would be very, very amusing.

    You can use a little WD 40 on your bike frame (or pam, etc...) and it will help the mud from sticking.

    Glasses, a must, unless it's misty/foggy, then they can be a pain. But as Unglued said, you can take them off. If you are riding in a pack, you will likely get crap flung into them. Either way, you won't be able to see.

    Tire pressure has already been hit on.

    Edit: And pray it's not an easterly wind. That means a crap tone more work with the head wind and likely feeling 4-5 degrees lower than the 'actual' temperature.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Got an email about upgrading to VIP. They make it sound almost worthwhile but I'd be afraid I wouldn't find people going slow enough to work with. End up struggling along all by myself.

  50. #50
    I Strava Hamburgers
    Reputation: 14Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Got an email about upgrading to VIP. They make it sound almost worthwhile but I'd be afraid I wouldn't find people going slow enough to work with. End up struggling along all by myself.
    I honestly wouldn't worry about it. If worst comes to worst, you get caught by Wave 1 and you can latch on to a group there. If you get dropped, latch onto Wave 2 group 1.

    Continue as required till its Beer O'Clock, and mock those of us who aren't enjoying massages.

  51. #51
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    As a long time spectator, I beg to differ. There is shame. Don't get off! The TV cameras will capture it! The photographs will be posted on mtbr! You will have to change your screen name to Unglued!
    Based on what I saw at the Paul's Unfinished business ride....I would say that name is up for grabs. I think Ricochet is more appropriate.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Got an email about upgrading to VIP. They make it sound almost worthwhile but I'd be afraid I wouldn't find people going slow enough to work with. End up struggling along all by myself.
    Looking at last years results, it looks like there were 'significant' EVIP people down to about 2:45 - 2:50 (top 600). After that it gets a little more sporadic. So if you are generally in that time frame, shouldn't be much of a problem to find at least a few people to work with consistently, after that, probably harder.

    Given the 20 minute head start of the Elite/EVIP wave from Wave 1 (then more down to wave 2 etc), there won't be many people coming from behind that you will likely hold their wheel for very long (if they can close that 20 minute gap on you, then your speeds won't be matched).

  53. #53
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    As a long time spectator, I beg to differ. There is shame. Don't get off! The TV cameras will capture it! The photographs will be posted on mtbr! You will have to change your screen name to Unglued!
    Well played, Nerdgirl, well-played...
    Strava made me do it....

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    So if you are generally in that time frame, shouldn't be much of a problem to find at least a few people to work with consistently, after that, probably harder.
    If it's muddy, it also helps to have 400 fewer riders liquefying the trail in front of you.

    On the other hand, if the course is drier, with 400 more riders in front of you, every stick that could get caught in your gears will probably already have been caught in someone else's gears. Ditto sharp things in tires.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pikester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    142
    By the time I get to the real muddy sections it's whipped up like chocolate pudding.

    Love the Beaver Fever comment - what - do I bring Purell for my bottle spout?

  56. #56
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    So...Unglued has decided to forgo alcohol till after P2A.


  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Can someone please help me?
    I'm not getting any info from the organizers as to, what time is sign-up, race start, where the eff is the start of the race?

    If they sent out an email, then I didn't get it. Could someone forward it to me?
    PM me.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,669
    Paris to Ancaster Bike Race
    Paris to Ancaster Bike Race
    Paris to Ancaster Bike Race

    Where do I get my race number?
    Registration and Number Pick Up is only available at the Ancaster community center. They are not available in Paris or St George.
    Saturday, April 26 - Ancaster Community Centre - 12 to 5pm.
    Sunday, April 27 - Ancaster Community Centre - 7:30 to 10:30am.
    Saturday Plate Pick-up recommended.

    70km wave start times
    5 waves to reduce congestion on course
    Start: Elite/VIP Olympic Experience - 9:45AM
    Start: WAVE 1 - 10:05AM
    Start: WAVE 2 - 10:15AM
    Start: WAVE 3 - 10:25AM
    Start: WAVE 4 - 10:35AM
    Depart from Green Lane Sports Park, Green Lane, Paris

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    66

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Thank you. I knew you guys could help.

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166

    Re: Paris Ancaster registrations open today

    If anyone sees an out of shape guy on a Rocky cx bike who clearly has no idea what he is doing, please say hi to me.
    I'm in Wave 4 and will probably be pulled at the first time cut-off

    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    185
    To put the fox amongst the hens...

    ...have we discussed tire choice on this thread yet?

    Kidding. Given the combination of rail trail, pit run climbs, fields, gravel, and whateverthehellitisthatthechutesaremadefrom, every tire choice will be the wrong choice for at least one section of the course.

    Looking forward to riding tomorrow.

  63. #63
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    My tires will be both rubber, round, and will hopefully have air in them most of the race. How can you go wrong?
    Strava made me do it....

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    It's gonna be muddy. I recommend fatbike tires for everyone (else).

  65. #65
    Dog Slow
    Reputation: Rocket Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    90
    Did someone say wet conditions? And never ask what could go wrong Unglued

    Paris Ancaster registrations open today-mud-27.jpg

    Paris Ancaster registrations open today-mud-27-2.jpg

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    #cliplessorflats?


    :-)

  67. #67
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    My tires will be both rubber, round, and will hopefully have air in them most of the race. How can you go wrong?

  68. #68
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    It's gonna be muddy. I recommend fatbike tires for everyone (else).
    What conditions you hoping for?

    Option A


    Or option B


  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    416
    Soooooo pumped - is that the actual course today?

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by broadwayline View Post
    Soooooo pumped - is that the actual course today?
    No, that's just Enduramil posting non-applicable random crap in the thread wishing he was coming out with us.

  71. #71
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    No, that's just Enduramil posting non-applicable random crap in the thread wishing he was coming out with us.
    Jeff...all joking aside even if I was ready for this year 3 weeks ago would have had to pull the plug any ways. Big changes as Queens didn't renew VBdivas contract so until Easter weekend had no idea what we where doing next. Now we do.

    Discovered this...
    eastern ontario cyclocross series

    Race Report: Almonte “Paris-Roubaix” | Fiera Race Team

    So... scheduled for 2015.

  72. #72
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    I concur with Nerdgirl. There is shame in walking the last hill. Rest assured, unless you are on a singlespeed, pregnant, under the age of 13 or have a bike that has been rendered inoperable (this does not include a flat tire), if I am on the final hill and catch you walking, I will heckle you.

    Last year I got to heckle the likes of Unglued & Oggie. They brought great shame upon the MTBR family.

    As a condition report. Things are drying up nicely around here. Climbed Martin Road (from halfway) on Sunday. It was in great shape, pure hard packed surface. But they'll likely gravel/grade it this week for giggles. I rode down the lower half, more flowing water and standing water than is typical, but being an old road, it's got enough of a gravel base that it's firm enough to ride.

    Beyond that, it will be P2A, the roads/rail trail will be firm and fast. Expect some sort of 'fun' when we get diverted off them.

    As a side note. I have used bottles all the years I've done it. No beaver fever yet, and haven yet to get a citation for lack of appropriate safety equipment. Though I think that would be very, very amusing.

    You can use a little WD 40 on your bike frame (or pam, etc...) and it will help the mud from sticking.

    Glasses, a must, unless it's misty/foggy, then they can be a pain. But as Unglued said, you can take them off. If you are riding in a pack, you will likely get crap flung into them. Either way, you won't be able to see.

    Tire pressure has already been hit on.

    Edit: And pray it's not an easterly wind. That means a crap tone more work with the head wind and likely feeling 4-5 degrees lower than the 'actual' temperature.
    dismounting is fine, unless you shave your legs, in which case it is not fine.

    i usually keep enough juice at the end, to deal with hecklers in the most vicious of ways... using the air pump. just saying'
    Signature

  73. #73
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    You are doubtless talking about Brian Travis, the owner of Forks. A completely awesome guy whose claim to fame is re-assembing my 1992 Blizzard once the frame was repainted.

    I agree that wearing white is not a good idea. There will be mud on the course, no matter how dry it is between now and race day. I disagree on the glasses. I have always worn my Oakleys as I would rather get mud on my lenses than in my eyes. I can always take the Oakleys off if they get too much crud on them to see through. If you are, however, talking about prescription glasses vs. contacts and sunglasses/riding glasses, I agree that the latter is the better idea.

    I have never heard of anyone getting ticketed for no bell. There are so many riders on the course I cannot imagine any police singling out any riders and ticketing them for not having a bell.

    In terms of tire pressure, it depends what sort of bike you are using. If you are on a CX bike then 30psi is WAY too low. I find 50-60PSI for CX tires about right. If you are on a mountainbike, 30-40 is about right,depending on your weight and your confidence handling mud.

    Regarding the mud chute, again, you may gain ground riding, if you are lucky, but you won't lose ground walking. Again, it depends on the sore of bike you are using. IMHO the CX bikes tend to fare better in the mud chute because the narrow tires tend to cut through the mud whereas the wider tires on a MTB tend to float on top making the bike harder to control.

    A couple of other totally subjective tips for you and anyone else who is doing this for the first time:

    1. About 1km in, the course goes into a rail trail. There will be a bottleneck there. If you can get to the rail trail amongst the first riders in your wave, especially in waves 2-4, you will gain ground.

    2. The rail trail ends in a sharp right hander up a loose, rocky hill. There is usually a bottleneck there as someone always gets hung up on the climb. Be ready to dismount and run unless there is a large gap in front of you (or you are in first place)

    3. The next 50k is primarily rolling gravel terrain and rail trail. The best thing to do is to find a group of riders who are going at a similar pace to you and to work with them in a group, with different riders taking a turn on the front. YOu know, like roadies...

    4. When you go through St. George, after the feed zone, there are a couple of kids who set up a ramp for riders to jump. Hit the ramp. It'll make the kids' day

    5. If you see Biggie, tell him Ovechkin is just a little ways in front (long-standing MTBR-EC joke)

    6. There is no shame in dismounting on the final hill and pushing. There is a short pitch that is brutal just before the finish. I have usually turned myself inside out over the previous 59km (this year 69km) and so usually can't make it either.

    7. If you see people on the trail on farm lanes and around fields, it is likely their land you are riding on. Don't drop gel wrappers and remember to say "thanks" as you ride by. That way, we will all get to continue to ride over their land in future years.

    8. If you see a big guy in Lapdogs kit, riding a Norco CX bike, that is 14stone. If you want to f*** with him, tell him I am coming up behind him and looking strong.

    9. If you see a guy in lapdogs kit with an orange catlike helmet and a grey, black and white Colnago CX bike with camo bar tape, that's me. If we've never met, please introduce yourself. No matter how much I am suffering (and I anticipate that the suffering will be extreme this year) I am always pleased to meet fellow MTBR'rs

    10. In close proximity to me will be Rocketdog. It's a really big deal that he is racing. Just trust me on this.

    11. Have fun. It's a great race and a really good benchmark of early-season fitness.

    I'm looking forward to it. I'm not sure why, though....
    12. Unless you have 3 flats in 30 min and only 1 spare - you DID NOT race Paris to Ancaster OR your name is NOT Unglued...
    Signature

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166
    I just got this (11:41pm - better late than never?)


    Re: the Gardner closure, I'm planning to take the 401 to the 427. Hope the 427/QEW is open.






    Pre Race notes
    The course for the 2014 Paris to ancaster has been trimmed to 65 km, yet is still the longest edition in the races history. A farm lane we had hoped to debut last year has had to be postponed again. The late spring, and recent rains have made parts of the route unavailable.
    However, a fantastic mix of trails, and roads is in store including a brand new Hearts Content farm loop for both the 65km and 40km races.
    Pre race buses and trucks will begin loading in Ancaster at 7:30 am for the 65 km race. Please load your bike onto the trucks based on start wave #.
    Pre race buses for the 40km race start loading at 10 am.
    Pre race bus is by reservation only. No walk ups please.
    Free buses back to the start lines after the race run every 20 minutes.
    Hope you have a great day on the bike!
    Leave the earbuds and tri bars at home. Please bring spare tubes, tools and appropriate clothing. Helmets are mandatory.

    Ps if you are coming from Toronto, remember the Gardiner expressway is is closed . Plan accordingly.









    Copyright © 2014 Paris Ancaster Bicycle Race, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving this email as a participant in the 2014 Paris to Ancaster race.
    Our mailing address is:
    Paris Ancaster Bicycle Race
    1064 Westhaven Drive, Burlington, ON, Canada
    Burlington, ON L7P 5B5
    Canada
    Add us to your address book
    unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    For anyone who might have been concerned by the sight of my mangled corpse at the side of the road at KM 43, I was removed from the course by paramedics and am in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.

    I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me, but concussions being what they are, I can't remember who.

    So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.

    Damn my head hurts.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

  76. #76
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    For anyone who might have been concerned by the sight of my mangled corpse at the side of the road at KM 43, I was removed from the course by paramedics and am in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.

    I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me, but concussions being what they are, I can't remember who.

    So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.

    Damn my head hurts.
    Healing vibes.

    Now...how is the bike?

  77. #77
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.
    Ouch. Hope it doesn't keep you out too long. Glass half full says that being able to post this message is better than a lot of other possible outcomes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me...So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.
    Good on them. I beg to differ from your sentiments though, in that people should take some responsibility to do exactly that.

  78. #78
    Team NFI
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    Ouch. Hope it doesn't keep you out too long. Glass half full says that being able to post this message is better than a lot of other possible outcomes.

    .
    Hopefully he was lucky as even a mild concussion can really screw up your year.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166

    Re: Paris Ancaster registrations open today

    Sorry to hear that. Hope you start feeling better.

    That was the first race I've ever done and definitely the toughest thing I've ever done physically. A lot of people are in really good shape LOL

    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  80. #80

  81. #81
    Lemmy Rules!
    Reputation: Unglued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Personal best for me...but still much room for improvement.

    And no flats!

    Sorry to hear about your crash GC. May you heal speedily and be back on Strava stealing KOMs within the week....
    Strava made me do it....

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    563
    ghetto - I wish you a good recovery.

    I thought the course was less muddy than last year. I only had to walk mudslide. The head wind was a zapper though.

    My favourite moment was nailing that ramp the kids set up!

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Disaster!!!
    Didn't even start. Got there to find out the exhaust of my SUV had melted and blown out my front tire. Totalled.

    I was crushed, and no open lbs in sight. I was hoping there was a makeshift bike shop like at the 24h races, but no luck. Still picked up my bib number and $100 T-shirt. : (

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chuckeieio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    Damn my head hurts.
    Just the excuse you were looking for to finally replace that beat up CX bike.
    Sorry to hear the news. Heal quick man.
    GTA
    Ontario

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CptSydor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,666
    Ghetto...get well soon.

    I had a pretty disappointing day. Last night about 6:00 pm started to feel something come on. Woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather, but doable. Sat down with breakfast, one bite and the vomit train started. Couldn't get any food down and started hacking. Spent the rest of the day drugged up in a haze (not a good one) and playing team lackey. Spent some time on the final hill, but given that I hadn't done the race myself, everyone got encouragement, no heckling. I love this race, so it was very tough to call it this morning (and regret all day), but the thought of racing feeling like that was not appealing, nor the potential after effects.

    Good job to everyone out there!

  86. #86
    No. Just No.
    Reputation: Circlip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Didn't even start. Got there to find out the exhaust of my SUV had melted and blown out my front tire. Totalled.(
    Crap!

    Quote Originally Posted by CptSydor View Post
    I had a pretty disappointing day. Last night about 6:00 pm started to feel something come on. Woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather, but doable. Sat down with breakfast, one bite and the vomit train started. Couldn't get any food down and started hacking.
    Sucks!

    (I would say "Crap!" again for this item, but maybe too close to reality)

  87. #87
    That's not a W
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    For anyone who might have been concerned by the sight of my mangled corpse at the side of the road at KM 43, I was removed from the course by paramedics and am in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.

    I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me, but concussions being what they are, I can't remember who.

    So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.

    Damn my head hurts.
    Awful, ghettocrusier! Take care of that concussion.

  88. #88
    Ska
    Ska is offline
    Steel is real.
    Reputation: Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,269
    Personal worst time for me (by WELL over an hour ).

    First "real" ride of the season so I decided to punish myself further and do it on the fatbike. I was happy enough with my result considering my very poor form.

    Surprised to find I was the only fatbiker this year!

    Thanks so much to all who encouraged me along the route and those who cheered quite loudly on the final climb. I really needed all that. Just glad I finished (3:42 I think). I was really coming apart at the finish. It was absolute hell for me

    Tried to wheelie the finish but I was only able to get my front wheel up like 1 or 2 inches. LMAO My legs were SO done.

    Went to the truck, laid facedown in the dirt for a bit before chugging my well deserved beer that had been chilling in my absence.

    Great ride as always.......despite the suffering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paris Ancaster registrations open today-done.jpg  

    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

  89. #89
    Ska
    Ska is offline
    Steel is real.
    Reputation: Ska's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    For anyone who might have been concerned by the sight of my mangled corpse at the side of the road at KM 43, I was removed from the course by paramedics and am in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.

    I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me, but concussions being what they are, I can't remember who.

    So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.

    Damn my head hurts.
    Get well quick, bro!

    Good luck!
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Disaster!!!
    Didn't even start. Got there to find out the exhaust of my SUV had melted and blown out my front tire. Totalled.

    I was crushed, and no open lbs in sight. I was hoping there was a makeshift bike shop like at the 24h races, but no luck. Still picked up my bib number and $100 T-shirt. : (
    you just didn't want to get your bike dirty
    Team Van Go

    the older I get the better I was

  91. #91
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    you just didn't want to get your bike dirty
    that was me
    Signature

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Ghettocruiser, sorry to hear about your injury... a little more serious than a flat tire.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    you just didn't want to get your bike dirty
    Lesson learned, bring spare everythings.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trailtrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    that was me
    you didn't race or you walked around the mud chutes?
    Team Van Go

    the older I get the better I was

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    you didn't race or you walked around the mud chutes?
    Go back to bed!!!!

  96. #96
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by trailtrash View Post
    you didn't race or you walked around the mud chutes?
    i ran the chutes and passed at least one guy who was riding it... passed by few others with mechanicals too... in hindsight - chutes were the most ridable for as far back as i can think of... and that is about 12 years...
    Signature

  97. #97
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    Go back to bed!!!!
    you guys together?
    Signature

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Thatshowiroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,475
    Lol!

  99. #99

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ghettocruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,439
    Okay.

    I'm gonna spill the beans here and reveal that MTBR-EC's own Swabag was the rider who stopped and spent a full 10-minutes of racetime getting my sorry carcass to safety after getting taken down in my wreck.

    Once my brain was restored enough for me to call in assistance on my phone (which seems to have taken me a while) he then hopped back into the fray and apparently opened a fresh bag of hammers for the last 20km.


    My bike... well it was beat-up and crappy before the crash, and since I seem to have absorbed all the force of this impact with my face, my bike was unscathed, and is still crappy.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 04:47 AM
  2. Paris 2 Ancaster
    By nvandall in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 319
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 05:22 AM
  3. Paris to Ancaster 2012....what's up?
    By Ska in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 393
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
  4. Paris to Ancaster Documentary
    By OntarioMTBMama in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
  5. Looking for lift to Paris - Ancaster from Toronto
    By hidaniel in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 07:37 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •