Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Paris Ancaster registrations open today

13K views 127 replies 28 participants last post by  Enduramil 
#1 ·
Been waiting all day for someone else to post this.

2014 P2A registration is now open !
Limited time discount!
After a great deal of effort and some unplanned delays we are pleased to launch our newly re- designed website and registration for the 21st edition of Paris to Ancaster. As a special heads up to you, a 2013 participant, we are offering a $15.00 discount on 70km registration until Saturday December 21, 2013. Full details are at Paris to Ancaster Bike Race , some 2014 highlights include,
New date, Sunday April 27, which will hopefully allow us to gain access to some otherwise soggy sections of the course, at the same time avoiding conflicts with other events.

#40 ·
Got some advice from the owner of the bike shop in Erin a couple weeks back (forget his name, but really nice guy). He said don't wear white, glasses can make it worse as the lenses will get coated in muddy spray from the bikes in front and then you can't see, and if you're not near the front, don't bother even trying to ride the mud. You might make it but your bike will weigh double what it started as. He also said a local nurse told him they see a spike in "beaver fever" (can't remember the real name) afterwards and suggested not using a water bottle, but a hydration pack instead.

Anyone have suggestions on tire pressure? I've been trying about 30psi I think. Also, are we likely to get ticketed for no bell since we'll be on public roads?

#41 ·
He also said a local nurse told him they see a spike in "beaver fever" (can't remember the real name) afterwards and suggested not using a water bottle, but a hydration pack instead.
That from putting the mud in your mouth from the waterbottle?

P2A is muddy good times but that just freaked me out!

#58 ·
Paris to Ancaster Bike Race

Where do I get my race number?
Registration and Number Pick Up is only available at the Ancaster community center. They are not available in Paris or St George.
Saturday, April 26 - Ancaster Community Centre - 12 to 5pm.
Sunday, April 27 - Ancaster Community Centre - 7:30 to 10:30am.
Saturday Plate Pick-up recommended.

70km wave start times
5 waves to reduce congestion on course
Start: Elite/VIP Olympic Experience - 9:45AM
Start: WAVE 1 - 10:05AM
Start: WAVE 2 - 10:15AM
Start: WAVE 3 - 10:25AM
Start: WAVE 4 - 10:35AM
Depart from Green Lane Sports Park, Green Lane, Paris

#62 ·
To put the fox amongst the hens...

...have we discussed tire choice on this thread yet?

Kidding. Given the combination of rail trail, pit run climbs, fields, gravel, and whateverthehellitisthatthechutesaremadefrom, every tire choice will be the wrong choice for at least one section of the course.

Looking forward to riding tomorrow.

#74 ·
I just got this (11:41pm - better late than never?)

Re: the Gardner closure, I'm planning to take the 401 to the 427. Hope the 427/QEW is open.

Pre Race notes
The course for the 2014 Paris to ancaster has been trimmed to 65 km, yet is still the longest edition in the races history. A farm lane we had hoped to debut last year has had to be postponed again. The late spring, and recent rains have made parts of the route unavailable.
However, a fantastic mix of trails, and roads is in store including a brand new Hearts Content farm loop for both the 65km and 40km races.
Pre race buses and trucks will begin loading in Ancaster at 7:30 am for the 65 km race. Please load your bike onto the trucks based on start wave #.
Pre race buses for the 40km race start loading at 10 am.
Pre race bus is by reservation only. No walk ups please.
Free buses back to the start lines after the race run every 20 minutes.
Hope you have a great day on the bike!
Leave the earbuds and tri bars at home. Please bring spare tubes, tools and appropriate clothing. Helmets are mandatory.

Ps if you are coming from Toronto, remember the Gardiner expressway is is closed . Plan accordingly.

Copyright © 2014 Paris Ancaster Bicycle Race, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email as a participant in the 2014 Paris to Ancaster race.
Our mailing address is:
Paris Ancaster Bicycle Race
1064 Westhaven Drive, Burlington, ON, Canada
Burlington, ON L7P 5B5
Canada
Add us to your address book
unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences

#75 ·
For anyone who might have been concerned by the sight of my mangled corpse at the side of the road at KM 43, I was removed from the course by paramedics and am in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.

I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me, but concussions being what they are, I can't remember who.

So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.

Damn my head hurts.

#76 ·
For anyone who might have been concerned by the sight of my mangled corpse at the side of the road at KM 43, I was removed from the course by paramedics and am in hospital with injuries that probably threaten only my ego.

I know at least one top-20 rider threw away his placing to help me, but concussions being what they are, I can't remember who.

So thanks man, you didn't have to do that.

Damn my head hurts.
Healing vibes.

Now...how is the bike?

#79 ·
Sorry to hear that. Hope you start feeling better.

That was the first race I've ever done and definitely the toughest thing I've ever done physically. A lot of people are in really good shape LOL

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10

#83 ·
Disaster!!!
Didn't even start. Got there to find out the exhaust of my SUV had melted and blown out my front tire. Totalled.

I was crushed, and no open lbs in sight. I was hoping there was a makeshift bike shop like at the 24h races, but no luck. Still picked up my bib number and $100 T-shirt. : (

#86 ·
Didn't even start. Got there to find out the exhaust of my SUV had melted and blown out my front tire. Totalled.(
Crap!

I had a pretty disappointing day. Last night about 6:00 pm started to feel something come on. Woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather, but doable. Sat down with breakfast, one bite and the vomit train started. Couldn't get any food down and started hacking.
Sucks!

(I would say "Crap!" again for this item, but maybe too close to reality)

#85 ·
Ghetto...get well soon.

I had a pretty disappointing day. Last night about 6:00 pm started to feel something come on. Woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather, but doable. Sat down with breakfast, one bite and the vomit train started. Couldn't get any food down and started hacking. Spent the rest of the day drugged up in a haze (not a good one) and playing team lackey. Spent some time on the final hill, but given that I hadn't done the race myself, everyone got encouragement, no heckling. I love this race, so it was very tough to call it this morning (and regret all day), but the thought of racing feeling like that was not appealing, nor the potential after effects. :(

Good job to everyone out there!

#88 ·
Personal worst time for me (by WELL over an hour :thumbsup:).

First "real" ride of the season so I decided to punish myself further and do it on the fatbike. ;) I was happy enough with my result considering my very poor form.

Surprised to find I was the only fatbiker this year!

Thanks so much to all who encouraged me along the route and those who cheered quite loudly on the final climb. I really needed all that. Just glad I finished (3:42 I think). I was really coming apart at the finish. It was absolute hell for me :)

Tried to wheelie the finish but I was only able to get my front wheel up like 1 or 2 inches. LMAO My legs were SO done.

Went to the truck, laid facedown in the dirt for a bit before chugging my well deserved beer that had been chilling in my absence.

Great ride as always.......despite the suffering.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.