mtbr member

Paris - Ancaster Info

Hey Guys, I had a thought and wanted to see if any of you guys could help me out.

Has anyone used a GPS for the P-A in the last few years. I'd like to get the info and plot it into my trainer to "pre-ride" the course a few times.

I have a TACX trainer that will allow me the build a "virtual ride". I can use the data from your GPS to build the same climbs, descents, flat sections and so on into my "virtual course".
    I cant build in the turns or anything but I can ride the same distance, climb in the same places, and open up on the flats in the same sections.

I've never tried this before, so I'm not even sure how easy or hard it'll be, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide the info.
    cheers
    Ben

mtbr member
    The course was pretty flat last year. So I wouldn't worry too much about it.

mtbr member

Good job! Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dover
    Hey Guys, I had a thought and wanted to see if any of you guys could help me out.

Has anyone used a GPS for the P-A in the last few years. I'd like to get the info and plot it into my trainer to "pre-ride" the course a few times.

I have a TACX trainer that will allow me the build a "virtual ride". I can use the data from your GPS to build the same climbs, descents, flat sections and so on into my "virtual course".
    I cant build in the turns or anything but I can ride the same distance, climb in the same places, and open up on the flats in the same sections.

I've never tried this before, so I'm not even sure how easy or hard it'll be, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

cheers
    Ben
    PM me with your contact details and I will forward you what you need...
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

sock puppet

ummm...

60-ish km

JUST HAMMER for the most time... i mean, for the 96% of the time...

thats it...

Quote Originally Posted by Dover

cheers
    Ben

dirt roadie
    I think I'm going to do the race this year as well, I have a 'cross bike and a full sus mountain bike. I've heard of people using 'cross bikes for the race, but I'm not sure which method would be better...is it mostly road/gravel trails, or are there lots of singletrack sections where a cyclocross bike wouldn't be a good idea?

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by zedfoto
    I think I'm going to do the race this year as well, I have a 'cross bike and a full sus mountain bike. I've heard of people using 'cross bikes for the race, but I'm not sure which method would be better...is it mostly road/gravel trails, or are there lots of singletrack sections where a cyclocross bike wouldn't be a good idea?
    Definitely CX! If i had one, that is what i would have rode if i had one last year. There is a lot of road, gravel double track, some rutted dirt paths. It is perfect CX terrain.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member

Cross all the way...

Yeah, ride the cross bike. You could almost do this on a roadie save for a couple of soft spots. It's a roadie's race for the most part with only a few mtb sections that some folks actually got off to walk at. Well, I won't get into that, but you will be just fine on a cross bike. That's the right choice for it...
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

dirt roadie
    Awesome, thanks rkj and mtbmeister

bi-winning
    Awesome, thanks rkj and mtbmeister
    if you really want to show the competition who is boss, give coach chris ten weeks of hard work

http://www.parisancaster.com/P2A/COACH.html
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

dirt roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    if you really want to show the competition who is boss, give coach chris ten weeks of hard work

http://www.parisancaster.com/P2A/COACH.html

Yikes, I better get my butt in gear!
    If these crazy ice and wind storms quit, and when there is still some daylight when I come home from work , I've set up a schedule for myself. By Feb 23 the sun starts setting after 6pm, so I can get at least a half hour of riding in every day.

Speedhub doc.

use a cross bike

Having ridden this race on a singlespeed and fixie for the last few years, I'm going to use a cross bike (with gears) this year, plans are to have a sweet cross bike ready for the race,

see you guys there, we have section on Facebook, it's under "kranky bastards" with info and pics of the P2A race, enjoy.
    VernDog
    Vern Dog the Bike Guy

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon VernDog
    Having ridden this race on a singlespeed and fixie for the last few years, I'm going to use a cross bike (with gears) this year
    dollars to donuts says you don't...
    disappointment.jpg
    ...just a hunch.

for the first time in many years I am really looking forward to this race...it's taken a long time but i finally got the bike and ratio where it needs to be. now to work on the legs to push them.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

Speedhub doc.

Are you..

Are you a "bettin man"??

I need gears, 14 of em, sealed in a nice anodized aluminum shell, that all...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Vern Dog the Bike Guy