mtbr member
    Jul 2007

OTTAWA: Looking to rent a biking buddy!

Hey everyone, Im a 19 year old guy attending Police Foundations at Algonquin College, and I wanted to go on an epic bike trip before the summer is over. The only problem is I don't have any friends that are into this type of riding that are available or in any sort of condition to go, and parents and friends are uneasy about me going alone (as am I, too much can go wrong when you are 50k from the nearest town by yourself). I want to test myself with this ride, make it a fun trip while pushing myself a bit.

I want to just put the idea out there, if you are a similar age (or a bit older, haha I don't mind!) and adventurous and easygoing, and think it would be sweet to get dropped off a couple hundred KM into Quebec (if you can only do 100k/2 days, thats cool too!) and bike back to Ottawa via trails (camping along the way, bare minimum type stuff! If we need supplies we can duck into a town on the way, for water etc), let me know! I've never done this sort of 'call out' before I guess you could say, so any questions or comments or ideas, please share.

I'm flexible, but would like to do the trip either the first week of sept. or later this month.

I think half the fun would be just meeting someone in this setting, should be a riot!

Cheers,

Dan H

In the blue:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/637/060hqw.jpg
    Last edited by D4ng3r; 08-10-2009 at 11:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by D4ng3r
    Hey everyone, Im a 19 year old guy attending Police Foundations at Algonquin College, and I wanted to go on an epic bike trip before the summer is over. The only problem is I don't have any friends that are into this type of riding that are available or in any sort of condition to go, and parents and friends are uneasy about me going alone (as am I, too much can go wrong when you are 50k from the nearest town by yourself). I want to test myself with this ride, make it a fun trip while pushing myself a bit.

I want to just put the idea out there, if you are a similar age (or a bit older, haha I don't mind!) and adventurous and easygoing, and think it would be sweet to get dropped off a couple hundred KM into Quebec (if you can only do 100k/2 days, thats cool too!) and bike back to Ottawa via trails (camping along the way, bare minimum type stuff! If we need supplies we can duck into a town on the way, for water etc), let me know! I've never done this sort of 'call out' before I guess you could say, so any questions or comments or ideas, please share.

I'm flexible, but would like to do the trip either the first week of sept. or later this month.

I think half the fun would be just meeting someone in this setting, should be a riot!

Cheers,

Dan H

In the blue:
    http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/637/060hqw.jpg
    I'm 23 from Michigan and I think this would be a blast! Too bad I work full time and with travelling for work I don't think I could make this happen on such short notice. If you're interesting in doing this next summer, let me know.

I too do not have any friends who like to bike....

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yeah mate I can plan ahead for next summer! Lets do it up!

Do you have facebook? PM me with info where I can reach you.