mtbr member
    Jun 2012

OK MR Winter ENOUGH already!!!!

Did any fat tires get out this weekend around Fanshawe? If you did how deep was the snow, rideable or screw that and went home or just stayed home anyways just staring at the bike wishing you had gone.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by fahza29er View Post
    Did any fat tires get out this weekend around Fanshawe? If you did how deep was the snow, rideable or screw that and went home or just stayed home anyways just staring at the bike wishing you had gone.
    shutup noobie. this is canada.
    just get out and enjoy all 4 inches if it. size matters.
    Signature

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    A good year to have purchased a fatbike!!!
    Lots of snow and the lakes are frozen.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    I was out for 3 hours on Saturday. Two and a bit in the snow and the rest riding to and from. No problems. I used to get tired of winter around this time too until the fat bike. I saw a guy on a Cannondale 29er with a Lefty on the trail not having much fun from what I could tell but still out there.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Been riding my CX bike outside routinely with studded tires save for when it's been -15 or colder. No fatbike for me, but the outdoor riding has made winter pass faster. Just think, only six weeks until we are hopefully into plus temps regularly. It will feel like summer then!
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    This is B.S. Im in grey/ bruce and for the 2nd time. In a week the whole county was shut down. Cant even get a full day if work in. There is about 3 feet of snow outside and I have no skis, no snowshoes and no fat bike.

Have a brand new cross bike but there is way to much snow out there. Sooo waiting for spring.

sheep in FOX clothing
    Winter is supposed to end on January 27th?

I see all kinds of bike tracks on the trails, and most of them are less than 4" wide.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    What do you mean you can't ride in the snow???

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com

Depression...can eat a sack of manure and die.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Should have been clear. My cross bike came with cityrides. Im tempted to see if my 1.95 renegades will fit......

This is just the begining they say. I dont know how much snow is south of me but but most places I walk are up to my knees.

That snow bank is 7 ft and the drive has been reduced to just fit a car between

They stare at me all day..... Any time the wife asks when theybwill he vacating the kitchen I just change the subject.....as I walk away.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    This is B.S. Im in grey/ bruce and for the 2nd time. In a week the whole county was shut down. Cant even get a full day if work in. There is about 3 feet of snow outside and I have no skis, no snowshoes and no fat bike.

Have a brand new cross bike but there is way to much snow out there. Sooo waiting for spring.
    Snowshoes can be had pretty cheap and it's a not bad alternative to riding for base training/cross training. Managed 3 hrs on the shoes this weekend, then did 2 hours on the trainer.

But definitely get a cheap set of knobbies for that crossbike, it won't be long, days are getting longer, the roads will start to clear up (enough to get some sloppy road riding in, which is what CX bikes are for, your's is way too clean)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Clean was in the contract of temporary residence in the kitchen. Its brand new to me, I havent even sat on it.