Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Evil Jr.

Official Hot August Nights Thread!

As usual, who's in/out and who's hot/not.

Camp Misfit will be back and better than ever as we celebrate the fifth year under Imperial Rule.

Along with the usual cast of Stormtroopers, the ranks of our two (!) corporate teams will be swelled by the assimilation of Team Speed!

Expect much noise and ado as you roll through on your night laps. Last year, we launched Camp Misfit with a little number by Rival Schools. What will sound the alarm this time 'round?

Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

OCD
    In!

Another return of "Two be determined", hopeful of another podium finish, it seems like the right thing to aim for.

Just need to stay awake and keep pedaling right?

Cheers,

Jeff

More than a little slow
    I will be there. I will even be there on Friday evening. I will even try to ride one of those Misfit things that Nogs is going to be demo'ing. I may even have a beer that evening, maybe even two. And come Saturday I might perhaps be able to ride my Inbred around the course once or twice, or not, we'll see.
    Cheers, Dave

Misfit Psycles
    Give away this year is still SECRET.

There MIGHT be a clue HERE.
    Suffice it to say this is the shite.

In addition to being FREE to one lucky hundred people it is THE MOST POPULAR and USEFUL cycling product I have seen in my recent travels.

Looking forward to a great event.
    Looking forward to some big laughs.
    Looking forward to zoning way out.

disclaimer: there is a contest running that may or may not attempt to sway you to link visit HERE.
    persuant to the rules of same the MONSTER is getting credit for ALL you base from this thread...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    I'm still unsure of my status for the race as a messed up hand has made it difficult to hold the handlebar. If I don't race, I will be there for the weekend and will definitely be up to the camp for the festivities, if the empire will allow it.

mtbr member
    I'll be there to consume vasts amounts of fluids and maybe even do a lap or two. We have a team in the 10 person expert division and will be battling it out with Norco using some completely immature tactics. It will be a 48 hour event for me.

bi-winning
    I'll be there on the Thorold Trail Hogs A team - a faster squad than the ones I have been on in the past.

Looking forward to it.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member

Team RaceDayRush.com

I will be there with my team as always...A fast eight person team in the Club Company category. Hoping we can be competitive and of course have a good time. This is always a great event being some of the more gearheaded folks in the mtb community are back for another 24 hour event, making things more competitive and grass roots.

Really looking forward to the pass through the Dance Party. A great highlight of this event for a couple of year now. Just for the record, I will not be stopping for a t-shirt of any kind unless we are well off competing for a podium position. No-one needs to see me dance, especially with some extra lactic acid build up in the legs. Not a pretty sight in spandex.

Good luck to all...All hail to Mother Nature. Please be kind to us this weekend.

N.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    I will be there with my 5 person Coed team, Team Redneck, that would love to podium but has no hope to (unless there are only three teams in our division).
    We will be showing up on Thursday and I hear rumor that Creemore has a new brew that I may need to consume a couple of before I head back north.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nogearshere
    disclaimer: there is a contest running that may or may not attempt to sway you to link visit HERE.
    persuant to the rules of same the MONSTER is getting credit for ALL you base from this thread...
    From now on, I am ONLY visiting your blog from this link. I want us to own that bike!

Please, click HERE often (from this thread). If we get the bike, I promise we'll let you try it at the new bike park...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Pre-rode the course today. Not sure if any one else found this but it seemed to me to be shorter than usual? It didn't even cross over to "the epic ride" or "hot august nights" trail. That being said I thought the course was great! Lots of the usual stuff not in which was nice and plenty of trail being ridden backwards which really changes it up. Not too much climbing, but enough that people will be tired as the race wears on. If the course stays the same lap times will be under 1 hour for most riders (i.e. slow ones like me), and probably 35-40 mins for the really fast guys. Overall, one of my favourite courses ever by Chico!

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    I'm in! 5 All Women! It will be fun!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yes it's 15min shorter then usual, don't know how I feel about it, on one hand it'll mean more laps.. on the other it's still kind of short.

Also I think it'll be more difficult to pass because of all that tight single track in the first half, I guess we'll see how it goes in the race.

More than a little slow
    Quote Originally Posted by sperky
    Pre-rode the course today. Not sure if any one else found this but it seemed to me to be shorter than usual?
    Ahhhh! I missed ya! I was there too. I rode one fast lap with Arek and then three more. I timed the last one at 48 minutes. I don`t do 48 minute laps, so I guess that would indicate that it`s shorter than usual. It seemed to me that there was a lot more singletrack than we are used to at chico`s albion hills 24 hr races ( which are the only ones of their`s that I have done). For me, there won`t be anywhere to sit back and relax.
    Are you going to be there, Steve? And if so where?
    Cheers, Dave

OCD
    I pre-rode on Friday also, it did seem quite a bit shorter than the usual laps but lots and lots of single track. Should be a really fun course, all the short climbs at the start of the lap promise to be hell on warming up the legs every second lap on a tag team, damn you chico!

I did also notice a large black arrow on a sign with lots of holes in it (kinda like it has been used over and over to mark race courses) at the top of the green monster, I wonder if they will be throwing that climb in there as a last minute surprise. We added it to our pre-ride laps just in case.

Overall it looks like a super entertaining layout and the new trail sections are pretty sweet.

Good job guys!

Cheers,

Jeff

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dskunk
    Ahhhh! I missed ya! I was there too. ....
    Are you going to be there, Steve? And if so where?
    I thought I saw your car in the lot. I did a few laps in the low 50's....doing it more as a test to see how bad my fitness is.

I won't be there this year....might come up to watch a bit though. Just getting into riding regularly again....working towards next year when I can start racing you in the "old man" solo catagory.

mtbr member
    I'm heading up today to pre-ride. Is the course well marked? (Not familiar with Albion Hills)
    I love riding my bike!

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    I am in search of a team to ride this one with, i have money and beer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetfilly7
    I'm heading up today to pre-ride. Is the course well marked? (Not familiar with Albion Hills)
    there are a couple of areas that you'll have to look around for the next arrow but keep looking for the larger black arrows and you should be alright.

Dorkimus Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by teebor76xc
    I am in search of a team to ride this one with, i have money and beer.
    With credentials like that lets just hang out in the Hammertown. There's a great pizza and wings place across the street from my house. Around twelvish my wife usually starts dancing...

It can't be much worse than the misfits running their fingers through one another's sweaty chest hair.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggie
    It can't be much worse than the misfits running their fingers through one another's sweaty chest hair.
    I protest! I have very little chest hair!

*ahem* clicky please!

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    I protest! I have very little chest hair!

*ahem* clicky please!
    BRILLIANT
    i clicked and everything!
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Does anybody know the state of construction from 400 King road over to Bolton? I was up that way in July but it was a Sat so wasn't sure what delays there would be through the week. Hoping to head up to Albion early afternoon friday but trying to figure out the best way to go.

Thanks

More than a little slow
    Quote Originally Posted by gmstrek8
    Does anybody know the state of construction from 400 King road over to Bolton? I was up that way in July but it was a Sat so wasn't sure what delays there would be through the week. Hoping to head up to Albion early afternoon friday but trying to figure out the best way to go.

Thanks
    I haven't had any trouble through Nobleton in a while. They are doing a lot of work on the exit at King rd and the 400 but unless it's shut there shouldn't be any trouble. If it is shut then it will be posted on the 400 before you get there and you can just get off a bit earlier and take Weston up to King.
    See ya up there !
    Cheers, Dave

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Thanks Dave last yr I got caught in 2 construction areas and don't want to do it again. Last time I was up that way was July 18 and was a Sat so no construction. Hope to see you at Albion on the weekend.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast