huh?

north brampton to dixie and britannia

i need to find a trail from bovaird & 10 to dixie and britannia. has anyone tried the path goes from along the golf course on kennedy and goes east then under the 410?
    i know there is off road for trucks there i don't know how far or if there is a bridge to cross the river.
    my plan was along the trail parallel to #10 to the golf course and shoot to dixie somehow.

any help is good help

mtbr member
    Not a good idea. I've tried it. It's a dead end after you get under the 410; about 300 meters further on. It meets up with another street that takes you farther north. Even if you carry on through open field with low laying brush, under the 407 there is no path to speak of.

Funny, I wanted to go off road to Dixie/ Derry as a daily commute, but this is what I found. However, that was 2 summers ago. Cheers.

huh?
    huh........i guess google earth is not too useful for this situation

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    You must be new to Brampton. Other than Heart Lake and White Spruce parks, there is nothing else in this whole city to ride. The path your talking about was really good in the early 90's, but then growth of the city. you know when they take one of the most busiest baseball diamonds in the city and turn it into the new transit terminal, something is not right!! Its only a matter of time until the city sells the land around Heart Lake for development, then well have absolutely no place to ride. If you drive, check out Albion Hills on HWY50 north of Palgrave. Awesome trails to ride for hours!!

huh?
    lived here 29 years, but only started biking again a few years ago. i used to bike down to torbram and derry for work. i would be on all paved trails till steeles and bramalea and the rest was a quick 5-8min straight away. biking along dixie sucks. and kennedy, so i was hoping to find a trail that could be like 10 min. from work. have you been west of the end of that trail lately? along the power towers? looks like a little trail there.

Up, Up, and Away!
    sure looks like there's a trail there on Google Earth, doesn't it...both sides of the creek - I'm going to have to check it out myself when the snow melts out of pure curiosity
    Attached Images Attached Images