mtbr member

Next Marathon Race location ??

Anyone hear where next months Marathon Race is going to be ??

mtbr member
    30 views & nobody knows ???

sock puppet

it is still a mistery

Marathon Race #4 (August) - what's the mystery location?

my bet is on Horseshoe...

Quote Originally Posted by ccaddy
    30 views & nobody knows ???

Gears, beers and slices..

I've given up wonderring

This is a bit ridiculous. I want to support a series like this, but it's like pulling teeth trying to get any details. This is not a good way to do business. I think Dan needs to understand that people want details so that they can plan races in advance...this "race details available the night before the event thing" is getting old really quickly.

It's August, and this mystery event is just over two weeks away. I've given up waiting/wonderring/hoping for details. I'm booking the Mountainview 9hr up in Midland that weekend instead, because the information is up and at least I know that there really will be a race that day.

If this Marathon series is still around next year, then I hope that the details are a hell of a lot easier to come by.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza_Royale
    'm booking the Mountainview 9hr up in Midland that weekend instead, because the information is up and at least I know that there really will be a race that day.
    Good choice. I've done the 9 hour twice, and both times, the even has been wonderful.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

All my faucets is Moen.
    I e-mailed Dan and he said he has been super busy and apologizes for the delay. His wife gave birth to their twins early so not only has he been trying to setup the race, he has been at the hospital for the past two weeks.

The race will be at Haliburton forest. They are using some of the trails for CTS so it should be a good warm up if you're involved in that sort of thing.

Usually a simple e-mail will get you all the info you need. I've e-mailed Dan twice regarding this series and have received a response the next day on each occasion.

mtbr member
    Glad that you're making the trip to Midland. I think you shant be dissapointed.

[QUOTE=Pizza_Royale]It's August, and this mystery event is just over two weeks away. QUOTE]

I should warn you, there will be a mystery event involved for the 9 hour...a new bonus event...what will it be? who knows...

banned
    Feb 2005
    Very good to see that a pay to use place with a trail plan and paid staff will get some MTB traffic. Dan has chosen three good locations with the ability to deal with racing problems and one pi$$ poor one where he walked away from the problems. Hope next year he is able to correct his one mistake by only hosting his events at places that are prepared to handle MTB racings impact. We all make mistakes... it is how we handle them that matters Have a great race Dan.

mtbr member
    Any more news?
    Course map, pre ride?
    If the weather will be dry, I'd like to do the half marathon....

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Looking for a good Crazy race?

June 26th 2010.

100 bikes only for the full and 100 bikes for the 1/2.

No official registration. All Racing credential has to be sent to the Rd at rd@ultimatexc.com

Do you have what it takes?

www.ultimatexc.com.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan001
    ohhhh ferfukcsakes the winter 30 is back...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet

i most likely dont have what it takes

but am interested nonetheless...

btw noggy, unless the ice age starts on January 1st 2010, we will still enjoy summer in June of 2010.

June 26th 2010.

No official registration. All Racing credential has to be sent to the Rd at rd@ultimatexc.com

www.ultimatexc.com.

Misfit Psycles
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo
    but am interested nonetheless...

btw noggy, unless the ice age starts on January 1st 2010, we will still enjoy summer in June of 2010.
    der. only IF you survive the winter 30...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

sock puppet
    wait to see my prototype bobcycle made specially for this race.....

all your base are belong to me after your defeat....

mtbr member

June 26th 2010.

www.ultimatexc.com.
    That's definitely not for me.....
    I just planning to test myself on the half marathon...
    The " Just for animals" scared me...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Pain is weakness leaving your body... It's all Good

Dan

All my faucets is Moen.
    Please don't take my work for it, read the real technical guide once it is posted. Perhaps information may change.

Course Description

Marathon: This course is either technical, or forest road. Open gravel forest roads (open to cars so follow the rules of the road, keep to the right!) and technical, rocky and rooty double track with lots of mud thanks to another very wet summer will challenge everyone. Marathon will do 2 laps of the 38km course as the rain and storms of the summer have impacted the trails. Keep your head up though and look for the BIG orange arrows! Feedzones will be at 20km, 38 km (start of lap 2) and 58km.

Half Marathon: This course is either technical, or forest road. Open gravel forest roads (open to cars so follow the rules of the road, keep to the right!) and technical, rocky and rooty double track with lots of mud thanks to another very wet summer will challenge everyone. A 38km round trip awaits! One feedzone will be at approximately 20km.

Directions

From the South, take 400/11 north and continue on Hwy 11 at the split. Just before Bracebridge take Hwy 118 east for approximately 60km to West Guilford, and turn North (Left) on County Road 7. It is approximately 20km to Base Camp.

From the North, take 11 South to 118 and follow the instructions above.
    For a map, go to http://haliburtonforest.com/contact.html

Accommodations:
    The Haliburton Forest has a variety of accommodation options available. http://www.haliburtonforest.com/accommodation.html. Or try the town of Haliburton.

Sounds like another great one for the hardtail.

mtbr member

Ehhhh....

I'm planning to do this on my Enduro...
    It'll be my first one..
    I was kinda hoping for a bit shorter distance,but if the weather keep up { no more rain...} I'll go for it...
    Any option for a pre ride?
    I'll go up there on Thursday afternoon so I'm planning to ride on Friday and a short one on Sat.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

sad

I'll be skipping this one as our 8 hour race is Saturday and I am the guy responsible for the timing. I can't see leaving Kingston at 7 pm to drive half the night (it looks like it could be close to 4 hours to get there from here).

See you all at Provincials.

All my faucets is Moen.
    So what did you think about that?

Tough, tough, tough course. I know itís partially my feebleness but there was a ton of hike a bike, it was so frustrating. It was the most challenging mountain biking Iíve ever one. Even the fire road downhills were ridiculously tough.

If you werenít there or left early, as many people did, only 8 people went out for the second lap. I was not one of them. My one 38k lap took 3hrs 30min.

It was nice to ride the new CTS trail, very nice work on that one. Once it gets worked in its going to be sweet.

mtbr member

disappointing

DNF...
    I did like the course until the bottom of the green trail...
    That's where my hanger , derailleur ,and one of my spoke snapped ...
    So I rode 16 k then after run-walk another 4k to the feedzone where I realized I can't continue ...
    I was feeling good found my pace after 10k,I was in the "mode"...
    Next time!!!
    Friday I rode the second half of the course and I think Krista would've been the toughest section to me.... Those climbs were nasty,specially on my Enduro...

mtbr member
    To confirm ......
    The next/last race is at Mansfield on Sept 6th ???

All my faucets is Moen.
    Yes.