Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rad to the power of sick

A new Weekly Race Series @ Kelso

Whoa nelly!

And im quite proud to say that the poster child is indeed wearing a University of Guelph cycling team jersey.

more...
    http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/...fm?itemid=9430

I m gonna be at all of these. I love kelso.

mtbr member
    Aww too bad its on Tuesdays. My heart is with Superfly, but awesome to see another weekly race series.

Space for rent...
    I'm in...

I notice the guys from Spokes n Slopes are listed as a co-sponsor. They really did a great job when they ran the old Tuesday night races. Fingers crossed for nice weather
    It's only pain......

rad to the power of sick
    Looks like ill be riding in from Guelph. This'll whip me into shape in no time!

mtbr member

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by superlightracer
    Whoa nelly!

And im quite proud to say that the poster child is indeed wearing a University of Guelph cycling team jersey.

more...
    http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/...fm?itemid=9430

I m gonna be at all of these. I love kelso.
    Too bad that the Tuesday series is so fun. This is a quarter of the distance than to Albion. However, lots of friend at Albion. And one thing that would be interesting to see here is how they use the trails. The network is not that big, which is one of Kelso's shortcomings. So I wonder if the routes would get boring after a while.
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Most excellent.
    Only a few days ago I was wondering if there was going to be a Kelso weekly series this year. Albion is just too far for me, with rush hour traffic and all. Try to make a few of these whenever I can get out of the kids soccer games/practices.
    High on Life

rad to the power of sick
    So who will be there?

Ill be there for sure.. 22 degrees and sunny? good times.

I wonder if they'll send us up the grunt climb.

Space for rent...
    So who will be there?

Ill be there for sure.. 22 degrees and sunny? good times.

I wonder if they'll send us up the grunt climb.
    Looks like I have a get out of jail card, and can come out to play.

I talked to a man that talked to a man, and he said that we start from the bottom. Certainly strings out the field before you enter the singletrack. Might not be a smart idea to eat a big meal before you race

I really do hope that this works out, and enough people support this series to make it worth the organizers time and effort. Pity it conflicts with the Albion series, as I am sure a number of riders would have liked to have done both races. Now they have to decide which one...
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Woulda been there if my husbands car hadn't died on his way home from work. Down to one vehicle now. Just lovely. Guess it's a trip to a car dealership this weekend.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Rode out from streetsville pre rode the course and just messed about the trails for a few hours. I really liked the course, It was well marked with two exceptions and fast and flowing. I will be coming out to the second race for sure.

Hack Racer
    I'm in. Looks like I found this thread too late or else I would've gone to the First race for 2009. Kelso is only 30 min drive from work for me.

See everyone at the next Tuesday Race (Which should be June 2, 2009).

rad to the power of sick
    Fun race!

They need a little work with the trail marking, hitting a t intersection and seeing no signs makes for an adventure.

I signed up for the series see ya's next time

mtbr member

trail route?

Fun race!

They need a little work with the trail marking, hitting a t intersection and seeing no signs makes for an adventure.

I signed up for the series see ya's next time

What was the route for the race? do you know if they plan on changing the course each week or keep it the same?

Cheers

rad to the power of sick
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley
    What was the route for the race? do you know if they plan on changing the course each week or keep it the same?

Cheers
    From what I understand they will be changing it up week to week.

Yesterdays course started with an 800m start loop, and then they sent us up fire. We did a good selection of trail at the top, missing the extreme trail. Then we came down the downhill run, missing all the dh type stuff. Very fun and great for people to get into racing.

mtbr member
    Are the results posted somewhere?

I might like to give the Kelso races a try one week, depending on how my skills are coming along.
    I love riding my bike!

Space for rent...
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetfilly7
    Are the results posted somewhere?

I might like to give the Kelso races a try one week, depending on how my skills are coming along.
    http://www.conservationhalton.on.ca/...20May%2019.pdf

Definitely worth checking it out, as Aaron mentioned it was a great course (trail markings aside)

I believe the plan is to always start at the bottom and try to vary the course for each race. Given the amount of trails at kelso, they should be able to keep it fresh and give you a bit of everything.

The turn-out was better than I expect for the first race, and I am sure that once the word gets out, it will grow with each race. Everyone seemed super-friendly and there was a good cross-section of skill levels/race abilities/ages, so you will always have someone to test yourself against.

Due to my hectic schedule I didn't sign up for the full series, but after last night, I decided I will do everything in my power to make sure I get to every race. After all...I did finish first in my age category (1 of 1)
    It's only pain......

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Good to hear and Kelso's site made it seem like a good start. Must check it out in a couple weeks and give it a try if my old legs can hold up.

Space for rent...
    Ding, ding...round two...who's in?
    It's only pain......

Hack Racer
    I'm in. I hope they don't close it due to weather... I heard they do that a lot in the past.

Weather
    In the event of water-logged trails or bad weather conditions, we may cancel a race. We will notify you of any changes by posting an announcement on this page by 3pm on race day.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Checked the weather and we should be good to go for tomorrow. I'm riding out from mississauga around 3ish if anyone wants to met up for a good warm-up and some pre-riding of the course.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    anyone know when the course markings get set up? Would like to do a pre ride even today if possible. rain not withstanding.

rad to the power of sick
    Myself and a buddy should be riding in from Guelph.

Looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just came back from riding the course. Simon at Kelso told me it will be the same route as last race. Pretty nice layout. Two climbs really Fire and the short one Up Ugly off of Martin's.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Hey Jay!
    "Checked the weather and we should be good to go for tomorrow. I'm riding out from mississauga around 3ish if anyone wants to met up for a good warm-up and some pre-riding of the course."

Where would you be leaving from in Mississauga? Would the "Sobeys" parking lot on
    10th line work for you? Will we need lights to get back home?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Is anyone heading out from Stoney Creek/East hamilton way? I'd like to car pool to the series if I can. I am crossing the fingers to make good timing from work tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast