mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New member, new town, new bike!

Hey guys,

Just moved back to Canada (T.O.) after finishing some grad work in the States. Got myself a new bike and am trying to get back into some xc after not doing much for the last couple years. Looking forward to exploring the Don after I get myself into shape. Anything on the west side of the core? Is the Humber worth exploring coming off the Lake? That's closer to my area.

Oh, and my new 29er. Nothing fancy but I'm enjoying her. Just out of the shop:

bi-winning
    Let me be the first to welcome you to MTBR. I hope you enjoy your time here. You've got yourself a very capable looking bike there, that should lead to some great rides this summer.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

sproket buster
    Oct 2007
    Big welcome,

Humber is not much fun, virtually no trails all tarmac!!!

Etobicoke creek is a bit better some what challenging trails north of QEW.
    Live to ride, ride to live... out of Mississauga.

MTB: Cannondale HT--------Pavment: Specialized Sirrus

cyberbully
    the Don is where its at: 40km + of trails. theres a nice little renaissance going on in there over the last couple of years, with new trail added yearly. best part if you're in town: no car travel required.

Looking for Adventure
    2nds for Etobicoke Creek. There is also a good section between 401 south to Burnhamthorpe Road, in Etobicoke south of the airport. Further west is some stuff in the Credit Valley in Mississauga.

Welcome to Toronto.....the land of constant driving to trails (unless you live in the core).
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thanks guys. I'll see what I can find out there. Too bad we can't ride in High Park, it's right next door!

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Get on down to the Don forum on dropmachine.com. As Skid says, there has been a renaissance there recently. I'm no longer in T.O. but I rode there almost every day when I was. The community is almost the best part of it - very welcoming and fun to ride with.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.

cyberbully
    Hey John ! How is life on the escarpment ? Cut that pump track and trails yet ? Cheers, dude !

Out there
    Aug 2006
    Life's great up here, Skid. Amazing trails just minutes away! I cut some trails on my land but the trails at Kolapore and 3-Stage are so close and great I tend to ride them. We rented a bobcat for my birthday last year and put in some (small) dirt jumps and I am about to excavate the foundation for a new outbuilding, and the topsoil will be the next stage of the pump track... my 8-year old is the one who rides it most.
    All problems in mountain biking can be solved by going faster, except the ones that are caused by going too fast.