Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Need some info - Oakville

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nariusb 
#1 ·
Hi

I have recenty moved to Oakville and have been looking for mountain bike trails - I have been looking at 16 mile creek - does anyone have the trail mapped out (Google Earth) perhaps?

Any advice on other trails in Oakvilel would greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stormies

#2 ·
stormies said:
Hi

I have recenty moved to Oakville and have been looking for mountain bike trails - I have been looking at 16 mile creek - does anyone have the trail mapped out (Google Earth) perhaps?

Any advice on other trails in Oakvilel would greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Stormies
Welcome to Oakville. We do have a bunch of trails, but certainly not of the "sweet singletrack" variety. The town is criss-crossed with multi-use trails and in many places, you can find singletrack that has been created. Linked together, you can easily ride for a couple of hours.

The Nayagawa trails along 16 mile creek are on both side, both along the ridge, and also on the valley floor. They go from Upper Middle, up to Dundas. They are mostly gravel and do see a lot of walkers/joggers, so have to be ridden with caution.

There are also some short trails in Bronte Provincial park as well as behind Sheridan College.

If you want to ride some real trails, Kelso/Hilton Falls in Milton are the closest.

PM me if you want a guided tour/more info.

#3 ·
Also check out Joshua Creek. Starting at Lakeshore & Winston Churchill there are some trails that run parallel to the main gravel trail and end behind Sobeys plaza on Cornwall Rd.. From there, find your way to the other side of the QEW and into Iroquois Shoreline Woods ( a few trails in there) hit the downhill run that leads to the Wedgewood Diversion Channel trail(head east) Just past Eighth Line go North on the bridge over the diversion channel and youll find some more trails (again running parallel to the main gravel trail)
As SSteve mentioned Hilton and Kelso are the closest dedicated mtn bike trails in the area and a lot of fun. Both are great local places to ride with Hilton being a bit more technically challenging but just as much fun and probably more total KM's if you also include the Aggrement forest and St.Helens areas. Cheers

#4 ·
Hi SSteve, Smiley

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. I did some riding on the 16 mile creek and it was pretty good. Yea defn agree - singletrack would have to either be Kelso or Albion where I do most of my riding.

The 16 mile creek is the filler for the week :)

How often are you out on the 16 mile creek?

Thanks
Stormies

#5 ·
dundas str

There's some great skill set trails with logs, ramps, bridges that goes north from Dundas Street towards highway 407. You can access it at the farm driveway just east of Bronte Creek bridge and head north. You can park on the west side of the bridge. There's a couple of loops that are easy to miss but if you explore you'll find them all. It crossess the rail and takes you to 407 but all the play stuff is before the tracks.
Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.