mtbr member
    May 2012

Need some feedback - Local Website for Mtbrs

I posted my website last year, just to let people know about. I just finished updating it with a new format and adding maps and trail videos for trails in the Quinte area. My entire thought process behind this was to get trail info out to new riders looking for places to ride in the area, as well as make an attempt to get organized so the guys I ride with would potentially gain interest in becoming an organized club so that we could get together and build and maintain trails. We are very lucky in our area that we have so many places to ride, and I feel like there is the potential to create something great, but I'm looking for feedback from other riders as to what they have done to start clubs, get organized as well as just general thoughts on the website and if you feel it would be beneficial if you we're looking for places to ride in the area. Please check it out and post your thoughts. Thanks everyone.

Home

mtbr member
    Looks good to me. Nice job. That is exactly the kind of site I would want if I was riding in that area. If I was doing a search, I would not necessarily use Quinte in my geographical criteria. I might search riding near Belleville or even Prince Edward County. I did these searches and your site did not come up. Maybe you can do something so the engines can find it if you search some of the cities and towns in the area.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Yeah I still need to finish working on the meta data (I think that's what it's called) to optimize search engine returns. May need to add Belleville, Trenton, etc into some of the wording on the site so engines pick that up. Never made a site like this before, so this has been a bit of a learning curve. Thanks for your response.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Very nice!
    In our area (Hamilton) we didn't exactly create a new club (though we discussed it). There was surprisingly little in the area, and some pending land access issues. We put the call out on mtbr, and got a lot of people to come out to a pub night to discuss what we wanted to do. The local cycling club (mostly road at the time) came out too, and we decided the best thing was to join forces with them, as creating all the governance structure etc. for a club is a PITA. Locally, some people put notices on some trees suggesting a club (not knowing about the HCC). We met them, and once they knew about the mountain bike component of the club, became active members.

Good luck with your initiative!

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I love how you have a description of each location, a map next to it, and a youtube video next to that. It is very clear and uncluttered, lets people quickly filter down to what they think they're looking for and the see what it is like on video and how to get there. I wish every area in Ontario had this. I really like the layout!
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

rad to the power of sick
    Clean website. Well done.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thanks for the feedback folks. Hopefully some people will make use of the information and find a new place to ride.