mtbr member
    Feb 2008

NCKRS #1 Spraguebrook Summer Slammer! June 1st

Go Here For Directions

Flyer attached, feel free to print and post!
    Attached Images Attached Images

bi-winning
    There is a Canada Cup/Ontario Cup race on the same day. I think several of us will be doing that instead.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Our trails are better!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    think it over rkj__

1. drive 2.5 hours north through Toronto to pay 45$ for an hour of racing, only to turn around and drive another 2.5 hours with a zillion cottagers returning home from Muskoka

or.

2. Drive 1 hour to Spraguebrook, pay $25 for a longer race and enjoy a relatively traffic free ride.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeJake
    think it over rkj__

1. drive 2.5 hours north through Toronto to pay 45$ for an hour of racing, only to turn around and drive another 2.5 hours with a zillion cottagers returning home from Muskoka

or.

2. Drive 1 hour to Spraguebrook, pay $25 for a longer race and enjoy a relatively traffic free ride.
    I already registered for the Canada cup. Your pitch comes a little too late.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

rad to the power of sick
    perhaps nckrs #2 is a more viable option for us Canada Cup' ers?

Also.. border patrol can be a pain in the butt... then again there is the duty free store...hmmmm

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelCity
    Our trails are better!
    Total agreement here on this statement.
    After doing the Secret Handlebars Race at Spraguebrook last Fall I was very impressed.

Looking forward to doing the complete series or at least as many races as possible.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    For those of you that did the Handlebars Race in October, we will be using all of the same trails (with a few nice additions) but running the race in the opposite direction! It's amazing how much it changes the course! That, and there won't be three inches of leaves covering all the trails...

Come back to Spraguebrook October 4th for NCKRS #4, The Handlebars Secret Race, to race in the "original direction." Race will be followed by a big ol' party! Awards Ceremony, two live bands, a Specialized Demo trailer with their latest and greatest to try out, and, most importantly, FREE BEER!

mtbr member
    I cross the border 2-3 times a week and the border is generally smooth as butter. Make sure you cross at the right times (call first to see which bridges are light).

Unfortunately with that said, I can't do the first race because of the Becel Ride for Heart in Toronto I'll be at No. 2 though.
    Dan
    Ontario, Canada

2007 Cannondale Scalpel 1
    2005 Cannondale Rush 1000
    2004 Cannondale Chase

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    No worries Dan...

You only need to do 3 out of 4 races in the series to qualify for overall awards/prizes/cash at series end.

*R*O*W*Y*C*O*
    Quote Originally Posted by NickelCity
    For those of you that did the Handlebars Race in October, we will be using all of the same trails (with a few nice additions) but running the race in the opposite direction! It's amazing how much it changes the course! That, and there won't be three inches of leaves covering all the trails...

Come back to Spraguebrook October 4th for NCKRS #4, The Handlebars Secret Race, to race in the "original direction." Race will be followed by a big ol' party! Awards Ceremony, two live bands, a Specialized Demo trailer with their latest and greatest to try out, and, most importantly, FREE BEER!

Sounds great.
    Reverse eh... that nice downhill section will now be a heck of a climb!

you also said the magic word(s).

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Actually, the "downhill/uphill" you are speaking of is one of the changes for this year! Instead of the fireroad that we used last October, WNYMBA has cut almost a mile of beautiful new singletrack! We will be using that instead...

That means that each 7+ mile lap contains LESS than 1 mile of non-singletrack!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Sounds like a fun race!

I prerode the Canada Cup course already. Same old trail. Fun for sure, but I am already craving trails/courses that I haven't done a dozen times already.

Now I'll just have to see what kind of legs/lungs I have left after this weekend at Mansfield, and then try to talk my husband into driving down there. The thought of being able to pick up a few cases of his favorite beer that he can't get up here should do the trick.
    High on Life

Misfit Psycles
    Isn't it enough you mericans raid our races and steal our medals?
    What now you want to destroy the future of cycling in ON by pulling our youth away from provincial glory with your trinkets and hops???

'Member the brain drain of the late 80's and 90's??? Well je me souviens mon petit grenouille...there will be no leg drain...

Seriously, I'd love to vary my schedule (and the trails) but not at the expense of my staples...for 09 why not work with CHICO RACING early (like fall) - if you offset your schedule with theirs...gold.
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Actually, I tried very hard to avoid competing with the O-cup schedule. I like doing them myself, as do many racers from the Buffalo area. Unfortunately, for the June 1st race, every other date we had to work with conflicted with races that were closer to us than the O-cup. In fact, the original date of NCKRS #1 was May 31st, but that conflicted with the Buffalo Tour de Cure. Soooo... we had to go up against the O-cup for this one race. Won't happen again!