mtbr member
    Aug 2011

MTB Vacation June or July

My wife and I are considering a vacation in Quebec this summer. We are looking for suggestions on where to ride. Location would be between US border and Montreal and Quebec City. Immediately north of both cities would work also. Have read about the biking near lake st. Jean but that is a hike for us. We live in SE MA, yes die hard Bruins fan aside. Hopefully Quebec City will see a team return in the near future!

We ride everything in New Englad from flat flowing single track, technical and some DH. We are open to suggestion. We would like to ride in very scenic locations. Both of us excited about seeing the beauty of Quebec from the seats of our RM Slayers.

During our travels to various MTB destinations we usually find a local bike shop and ask for suggestions. We are non French speaking. Would that be a problem as we venture off the beaten path?

Thanks for any feedback. Much appreciated.

ups and downs
    Check out this sticky....

Montreal and Quebec riding info

Don't limit yourself to the area between the border and Montreal/Quebec City, there's some great riding north of Quebec City too and some nice scenery.

Definitely less English speakers as you get further north of the big cities, but you can get by with phrase book French in commercial settings. Although you may make people chuckle as I did in St.Felicien.

Mont Sainte Anne have added several lift assist AM/freeride trails and a bunch of singletrack XC and expanded some of their back country XC trail network too, so a good match for Slayers.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada