mtbr member
    Nov 2011

MTB E bike on Kijiji - what next?

One good thing, it won't likely be on the trails more than once. What a piece of crap - for $2000.

Message us today and schedule a test spin in the Heritage trails of Ancaster. You will absolutely Love it.
    Meant for off-road riding, you will not find a better-quality e-bike for less.

Bad enough seeing Ebikes on the rail trail. Hopefully the conservation people will jump on this - the rules already say no motorized vehicles.

MTB E bike on Kijiji - what next?-%24-kgrhqf-q0fjh-den-kbszkpfcupg%7E%7E48_20.jpg

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    One good thing, it won't likely be on the trails more than once. What a piece of crap - for $2000.
    Looks like a clunker for sure, but interesting to note it is full 2WD.

mtbr member
    It looks like it was not intended as a trail bike. The bike has lights front and back and a rack for cargo. Most likely intended for rougher terrain in not so developed countries. Not everyone has great roads. I doubt we'll be seeing a lot of those on the trails. At least they are quiet.
    Burnt Norton

Bike shop sales
    Feb 2013
    That would not survive the Heritage trail in Ancaster whatsoever, if it does I'm sure the firepit decent would finish it off.

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spthomas View Post
    That would not survive the Heritage trail in Ancaster whatsoever, if it does I'm sure the firepit decent would finish it off.
    Technically, the firepit trail isn't part of the Heritage Trail but ya, once you hit the bridge at the bottom, I'm pretty sure parts would be falling off this heap.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Why the hate for e-bikes?

If it gets someone out out and potentially pedalling a bike vs driving around in a car I see that as a good thing.

For the record I've been looking into building a e-bike for my winter commuting. I get lazy and don't like my evening commute home in the rain in the dark in winter, some electric assist would keep me on the bike vs other forms of commuting.

Also if I could use it for 1/2 the errands I usually take the car I see that as a positive.

mtbr member
    I think they are an awesome alternative to cars and a great way to get around. Specially something like this one. Some of the huge Ebikes take a huge amount of room. They are too fast for bike paths and bike lanes, but too slow to go with traffic in many cases. They just have not found their place yet. It certainly is not on the trails either. Everyone is trying to figure out where they belong and in the meanwhile people become territorial. If they are going to be successfully integrated, they should be compact and go with regular bikes at a governed speed or fast enough to be on the road as a regular vehicle and properly licensed. I don't think it's that complicated. As to trails, no motorized anything.
    Burnt Norton

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Europe has the "pedelec" rules limiting them to 250w and 26kph.

I can see that has a good compromise for shared use.

I go agree that the electric skooters that are much bigger than bikes yet not able to run with traffic really have no place.

humber river advocate
    e-bikes are taking over.

here's the one i would get...

MTB E bike on Kijiji - what next?-01_11.jpg
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills Conservation Area Master Plan Public Advisory Committee

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    When will these start to show up in O-Cups and Canada Cups events?
    "By Your Command"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Why the hate for e-bikes?

For the record I've been looking into building a e-bike for my winter commuting. I get lazy and don't like my evening commute home in the rain in the dark in winter, some electric assist would keep me on the bike vs other forms of commuting.

Also if I could use it for 1/2 the errands I usually take the car I see that as a positive.
    There was a discussion on a forum, maybe it was this one, but the majority of people, if not all of them, who ride ebikes behave in anti-social ways when they ride them. They ride in bike paths, bike lanes, on the side walk and are just generally ***** when they ride them. I'm not talking pedalling, but they're going full throttle with these pieces of crap.
    They need to be treated as proper motorized vehicles and not "bikes."

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by pucked up View Post
    When will these start to show up in O-Cups and Canada Cups events?
    interesting, an e-bike race class...
    Support TORBA

ups and downs
    Battery doping...
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Technically, the firepit trail isn't part of the Heritage Trail but ya, once you hit the bridge at the bottom, I'm pretty sure parts would be falling off this heap.
    Either the battery or the motor will die. Then sit for months on end while they try to replace parts. And in the end will end up abandoned in some farmers field.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

humber river advocate
    i think as an alternative to cars it is a good mod of transport, interesting to see what the future will bring. think of how the technology will evolve 20 years from now. there is an e-bike place not to far from work and they are doing pretty well with repairs and sales. for lower income people this is a viable form of transportation in poorly serviced public transportation areas.

Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    I think they are an awesome alternative to cars and a great way to get around. Specially something like this one. Some of the huge Ebikes take a huge amount of room. They are too fast for bike paths and bike lanes, but too slow to go with traffic in many cases. They just have not found their place yet. It certainly is not on the trails either. Everyone is trying to figure out where they belong and in the meanwhile people become territorial. If they are going to be successfully integrated, they should be compact and go with regular bikes at a governed speed or fast enough to be on the road as a regular vehicle and properly licensed. I don't think it's that complicated. As to trails, no motorized anything.
    Support TORBA

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyuphill View Post
    Battery doping...
    It worked for Spartacus.
    "We will call you Cygnus, the god of balance you shall be."

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Slash 5 asks what's next?

Spotted a individual on a Scooter the same size as most E scooters you see....Daymak is the closest example. Only it was not electrical powered, gas. And had cranks and pedals. The guy was going along in the bike lane weaving in and out. Was definitely traffic speed as when I was beside him in the car we where at 50kmh even. No plate as required by motor vehicles.

I predict this is not going to end well.
    If you hurt in your efforts and suffer painful dings. Then you are doing it right.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Uh moped's have been available for decades. World hasn't ended yet.

Gnarly
    One of the residents on my unit, 87 years old, rode his (bright yellow) ebike to and from the hospital to do errands in the community (banking, shopping etc) and visit his ailing wife who lived in a nearby nursing home...all summer. There were no issues and he drove it safely. The ebike provided him QoL and alternative mobility. It's a sign of the times.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies