Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Mountainview 9 Hour - 2009 Edition

Hello Everyone,

Well, its that time of year again - the Mountainview 9 Hour is fast approaching. This year, it will take place on Saturday, August 15/09. This event is much like other relay events, except with a few exciting twists, including bonus events that count toward your final result, unique medals, good music, and a giant cheque!

New for this year, the family challenge category. This category is for families who love to ride. Husbands/wives/kids...no inventing relationships for this one...

you can find more information, and online registration at www.mountainviewmidland.com/9hr.htm
    Thanks..

Misfit Psycles
    Done.
    The PayPal feature was a nice unexpected bonus...beats bidding on glitter gloves and other MJ trinkets on ebay...
    Expert of the Internet.
    BECAUSE I SAID SO

bi-winning
    I've had this race in the back of my mind for a while. I don't like missing a day of work, or the nearly three hour drive, but a part of me still really wants to go for a LONG ride at Mountainview....
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I heard it was a lot of fun last yr. Unfortunately I have to work that weekend too. Already took SS and Fly Gurlz off. Maybe next yr.

veldrijder
    Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    I've had this race in the back of my mind for a while. I don't like missing a day of work, or the nearly three hour drive, but a part of me still really wants to go for a LONG ride at Mountainview....
    That's the weekend just after my exams are over. I might be game to do a tag team, and share on transportation from Niagara while we're at it...

McB
    mtbr member
    I did it last year and it was a ton of fun.. I learned something about my cycling skills.. I just can't do the limbo on a mountain bike.

I am definitely considering doing it again this year!
    Rider Up,

Mike McB

"Over Thinking, Over Analyzing, Seperates the Mind from the Body" - Tool

mtbr member
    I have to pass, but for a good reason. That weekend is our anniversary and I am taking my wife to Mont Tremblant for a few days. We love that place.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SL singlespeed
    GF Superfly 29er HT
    S-Works Roubaix SL3 Dura Ace
    Pake French 75 track

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoote
    That's the weekend just after my exams are over. I might be game to do a tag team, and share on transportation from Niagara while we're at it...
    Hey, that sounds like a good offer. Early bird registration date is July 30th, so keep it in mind, and maybe we can tear it up on a tag team.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Evil Jr.
    That pie is mine I tell you! If there's one thing I'm good at, it's combined eating and riding!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

veldrijder
    I will make up my mind before the 30th... but I don't see why not at this point.

mtbr member
    This is the best course of the year for any of the 8-9 hours. I'll be there for sure. Garage Monster you are welcome to my slice of the pie,

mtbr member
    My payment is processed. Solo it is.

Lets see if I can keep my bike upright for 8+ hours this year.

two-wheeler
    Jul 2008

For sure ..

Definitely looking forward to the 9hr. one of the "more funnerer lesser intenser" races. Don't get me wrong, always good competition (last year we had a team of Ontario Summer Games riders, if I'm not mistaken). But the relaxed atmosphere and singletrack without hordes of riders make for an awesome day of riding!

bi-winning
    Reminder: today is the last day to save on entry fees.

[size=1]jmoote, you have email[/size]

Shorthills Cycling Club

sock puppet

is there camping available on site

for Friday night? If there is, are there minimum facilities available?

thx

Oggie

Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    Reminder: today is the last day to save on entry fees.

[size=1]jmoote, you have email[/size]

snowbound
    Jan 2005

I participated last year

It knocked the crap out of me. Don't know if I took off too fast, the heat, or just all the climbing - but I found that to be the toughest solo endurance race I have ever taken part in. Bonked after 6 laps, hurts just to remember it, but I did get a really nice t-shirt out of it!

mtbr member
    Oggie,

No camping on site i'm afraid, generally we suggest you check out Smith's Camp http://www.smithscamp.ca/ which is only 5-10 minutes across town.

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    i can't get the online reg to work is won't go to the process payment part...just goes blank. hopefully this isn't a sign. I'll try again at home tonight.

mtbr member
    teebor,

Just checked the site, everything is ok on this end. Also, your info is showing up in the registration database. If Paypal continues to be stubborn, send me a PM and we'll sort it out.

bi-winning
    I just registered me and jmoote, aka "Team (what's the) Rush" for the tag team category.

Shorthills Cycling Club

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by teebor76xc
    i can't get the online reg to work is won't go to the process payment part...just goes blank. hopefully this isn't a sign. I'll try again at home tonight.
    For whatever reason the registration form claimed my email address is invalid - same deal as last year. Fortunately I had another one it likes better.

Shorthills Cycling Club

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    apparently it had to do with the powers at work not liking me buying shite on company time....deal is done with 20 minutes to spare...can't wait... no hills right just a view of the mountain?

mtbr member
    For those about to do the Ontario Cup race this weekend. Why not sign up for the 9 hour the weekend after and get to see some more of the trails Mountainview has to offer.

I'll be pedalling around for just over 9 hours.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 24 solo
    For those about to do the Ontario Cup race this weekend. Why not sign up for the 9 hour the weekend after and get to see some more of the trails Mountainview has to offer.

I'll be pedalling around for just over 9 hours.
    Any idea how long the laps are going to be? Looking at last years results, they appear to be 7-8 km (25-30 minute laps), is that the plan again? Or will they be longer like the other 8 hours (10km, 30-35 min).

I might be coming unsupported and just want to have the supplies well planned out.

mtbr member
    Not sure at this point Thomas will come up with something good though. Possibly a version of the o-cup course?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast