mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Mountain biking Quebec/Where should I stay?

Been to Montreal for the Jazz Fest, but would like to visit Quebec for riding, good food, music, and beer. Any recommendations on what hotel to stay at?
    Also, spots where I can rent a bike and easy to get to trails.

Gears, beers and slices..
    If you're talking about Quebec City, you may want to think about riding Mont-Sainte-Anne. If you do, I recommend staying at the Chalets Montmorency at the base of the riding trails. Very cheap in the summer, and with kitchens et al (they're euro style condo units).

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    I should definately go a "sticky" for Quebec riding with lots of info...

We have a ride directory (in french) but with all the info added into google:

http://www.allezy.net/rep_sentiers/

It really depends what you're looking into... Do a search on this forum with terms "Montreal" or "Quebec" and you'll find lots of info... If you can be more specific, i'll help you out with good options of places to ride...

We have a forum where you can asks all sorts of questions... and don't be shy to post stuff in english... We have regulars who don't speak french that come and chat once in a while!

Cheers!
    ADSVMQ :: Quebec mountain bike trail advocacy group www.ADSVMQ.org

ups and downs
    The trails at St.Felicien (about 4 hours north of Quebec City) are quite nice, but there wasn't really any XC bike rental available, and the poor old Devinci DH bikes they had in their rental fleet when I was there in 2007 were seriously beat down. The town of St.Felicien is fairly small so there's not the same kind of scene that you could find in old Quebec City.
    I'm a member of NSMBA and IMBA Canada

humber river advocate
    sticky for quebec! heading there this weekend, exploring/staying mount saint anne area/urban assult quebec city...

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza_Royale
    If you're talking about Quebec City, you may want to think about riding Mont-Sainte-Anne. If you do, I recommend staying at the Chalets Montmorency at the base of the riding trails. Very cheap in the summer, and with kitchens et al (they're euro style condo units).
    Mont-Saint-Anne
    I stay near the trails and rental bike shop. cool.
    Is there anything to do after riding?
    Places to hang out, good food, places of interest in the area?

ups and downs
    The hoppin' night life is in old Quebec City.

Chateau Mont Saint Anne has a sports bar but it's pretty quiet outside of the Velirium World Cup week. They actually have a very highly rated restaurant at the Chateau. There's also a little restaurant about 3-4km away called The Adventurer that has decent menu.

ups and downs
    BTW, don't forget that as of June 1 you need a passport or an enhanced driver's license to get back into the US.

mtbr member
    If you are looking to stay at Mont Saint Anne check out village touristique Mont St Anne. They have some good deals in the summer. I know last year they had a deal if you stayed 2 nights you got a free night. There is a lot of good riding in the Quebec City area. Have a good trip.