mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Mountain Biking Clubs in GTA Area?

I'm looking to get connected to some people to ride with.

Am in my 40s and a pretty fit, intermediate / advanced rider. Looking for a club that's doing weekend rides of 2 to 4 hours in duration (and longer as the season unfolds). Signed up for Crank the Shield and need to ratchet up the mileage. Based in downtown Toronto so clubs that focus mainly on weeknight rides outside the city aren't a viable option. I'm able to travel outside the city on weekends.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Evil Jr.
    If you're downtown, check out the Lapdogs. Huge club with very active MTB and road groups. Excellent race support too if you're into that sort of thing.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Check out Defiant MTB. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2263549154&ref=ts

Website to be coming shortly...

Not a riding club, (we did affiliate with IMBA this year) but a group of riders from all over Ontario who ride regularly and plan group rides on the weekends. All are welcome. Join the group if you want to be notified of group rides and events.

Most rides will range from intermediate to advanced (2-4 hrs) and riders range from fit weekend warriors to racers to unfit weekend warriors and are social and fun factor driven. Age group leans "veteran" =) but, varies and everyone I've met has been great and mature so far.

Events are posted on the wall and events Section.
    Defiant MTB

2008 Yeti 575 Carbon Team Turquoise

humber river advocate
    go to the don forum on dropmachine. local ride nights in toronto are posted there. informal and fun. plus you will get to know the trails.

weekend rides are different...

you really have to get in touch with the locals to find the interesting/fun trails. most of the best trails tend to be passed on by word of mouth...
    Support TORBA
    Sunnyside Bike Park Working Group
    Albion Hills MPAC
    will build trail for rep... give a rep today...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnberry
    I'm looking to get connected to some people to ride with.

Am in my 40s and a pretty fit, intermediate / advanced rider. Looking for a club that's doing weekend rides of 2 to 4 hours in duration (and longer as the season unfolds). Signed up for Crank the Shield and need to ratchet up the mileage. Based in downtown Toronto so clubs that focus mainly on weeknight rides outside the city aren't a viable option. I'm able to travel outside the city on weekends.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Hey Turnberry, I was coming on here to look for some local clubs to maybe get together and ride with as well. My description of myself would be somewhat similiar to yours if I were to write one. I'm looking to ride with some new people so if you'd be interested in maybe meeting up one weekend and riding together let me know as I'd be happy to join on the trail at some point. Some of the places I like to ride that are not too far from the city are Kelso & Hilton Falls (I'm guessing you have been to at least one if not both at some point?). I'm also open to riding anywhere else that you may want to venture to.

If we do ride toghether and if anyone else wants to join us (this is open to anyone else who might also be looking to ride with some new people) then I guess we could start are own little mountain bike club

Look forward to hearing from you as I just want to get back on my bike and start riding this season (haven't done so yet). I know many like to ride alone which is fine and I have done so but I find the trail a lot more enjoyable (and safer) when someone else is along to enjoy it with.

Cheers.....

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    same here, unfortunately most clubs have pre determined start times, & I can't make those times. I'm trying to get a club going from our shop/studio in Vaughan. Looking at The King trails, Albion hills, Durham, HHills, Durham, Kalopore, etc. I have never been ti Hilton falls? Need a guide.
    I'm 40+ int-adv rider, looking to ride with better riders. Send me a pm if you guy's are int'd in getting something going.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    We just started our new MTB group in the GTA area. We ride weekly! join our facebook group if you like to join us. Our riders skill levels are vast from Beginners to intermediate.

Mountain Bikers United: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MountainBikersUnited/
    MTB
    Photography
    TKD