mtbr member

Mississauga ontario

Hi fellow mountainbikers! Im from new jersey and im going to mississauga this july. Is there a mountain bike park there that I can ride? What is the terrain there? Im planning to bring my 29er single speed. And please give me a strava maps if you have one. Thanks and have a great day!

db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Others will chip in I'm sure..there really isn't any trails per say in Mississauga (not really knowing what your expecting) but within an hours drive (in all directions) you have a lot of selection.. some (but not all)
    The Don,Durham, Palgrave, Albion, Kelso, Christie, Hydrocut, Cambridge.. going further out ... 3 stage, Kolapore, Colingwood, Hardwood Hills, even further out Buckwollow etc..
    Some are marked better than others, some require local knowledge

Best thing would be read this forum a bit, see the sticky about trails & maps, and figure it out - do you have a day of riding or a couple of hours..

etc, etc

mtbr member
    Nothing in the city except for discontinuous trails off the Culham Trail that are not marked and easily missed. Not really recommended. Otherwise as said above, it depends on what you like to ride. Kelso and Hilton Falls are 20-30 minutes from Mississauga depending on how close you live to the highway. Lots of selection within an hour or so driving. Let us know what you like to ride and we can give you a better idea.

mtbr member

Mississauga ontario

Kelso and hilton falls sounds good. Hows the terrain there? Do I need a full suspension bike or a 29er ss will do fine? Ive been to collingwood last summer in blue mountain and they have a downhill/ free ride trails there. Im more in a xc mountain biking. Thanks!

mtbr member
    albion and hydrocut in waterloo would be good by the sounds of it
    Team Van Go

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PnoyPride View Post
    Kelso and hilton falls sounds good. Hows the terrain there? Do I need a full suspension bike or a 29er ss will do fine? Ive been to collingwood last summer in blue mountain and they have a downhill/ free ride trails there. Im more in a xc mountain biking. Thanks!
    Lots of SS 29 riders in the area. Kelso is a ski hill along the escarpment. The majority of trails are above the hill (relatively flat, small undulations), a few that descend, requiring you to climb back up. It's about a 300 ft climb, relatively steep (i likely couldn't climb it with standard SS gearing). You can park above or below. Kelso is nice in that it is well mark, easy to navigate. Not overly expansive and if you aren't into climbing the ski hill, can get old kinda quick (my opinion).

Hilton/Agreement forest is the area's most technical riding. Almost completely flat, lots of small rock outcroppings. Relatively slow riding with lots of need to maneuver your bike over and around rocks. I personally think it's pretty tough to navigate, the area has over 30 miles of trails/double track. In my opinion you'll want an route laid out, or go in with a gps and a sense of adventure. The area is not expansive, but easy to get turned and twisted.

Beyond that, within an hour, Albion Hills, Punslinch and Hydrocut are all great places to ride, very SS 29er friendly, generally fast, smooth trails that feel kinda like a roller coaster. All a generally easy to find/navigate.

mtbr member

Mississauga ontario

The problem is Im just sneaking out from my family because this is kinda a reunion with my relatives. Driving an hour is kinda hard for me, thats why Im looking for the nearest as possible. We are staying somewhere Britannia rd near the heartland outlet mall. If you have some map links I appreciate that. Thanks for all your inputs.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    that is right by the 401, from there you could be to kelso in about 15-20 minutes if traffic is okay, and 45 minutes or so to waterloo. Those are my two favorite trails in the area.

Puslinch is in between the two, also good

mtbr member
    Just looked up the location, looks like riding distance (15-20mins) from the Etobicoke Creek trails. Not too well marked, but Aerius on these forums has given me a guided tour through there before, and you might be able to piece some stuff together through strava. I have a couple GPS files of my rides but not sure the trails are still all the same, they have been doing some (non-bike) construction in the area. Nice twisty ravine wall singletrack w/limited (<100' for sure) elevation.

db9
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Perhaps some creativity is in order

Not sure of your trip dynamic - sounds like your not traveling alone and you'll be in town for a few days - trade an early morning ride (leave Mississauga say 6 and ride for 7 start, depending where you go) and return by noon say for shopping or letting others sleep in while your out stretching your legs for 2 or 3 hours...

However if you just want a ride you could do a huge loop and head south to the lake - coffee in Port Credit, go east to the Etobicoke River, go north (not sure how the trail works between Sherway and Burnhamthorpe) ride up to say the airport - backtrack and then west back to your starting point - some path, road and gravel trail, maybe not what you were hoping for .. but sometimes it just being out that counts

mtbr member

Mississauga ontario

I dont mind if its a pathway or dirt. I just want to explore the trails there. Just like I said, im just sneaking out for a ride. Morning is perfect for me. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Then, the Culham Trail it is.

David J Culham Trail | Ontario Trails Council

Credit River Bike Trail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mississauga ontario-culham-trail-ride.jpg  

mtbr member
    The above is a simplified route. If you explore, there are lots of offshoots and discontinuous little trails. There is a good 20 + km if you hit everything and do a some of the loops both ways.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    If you navigate to Mississauga in Google Maps and check "bicycling" in drop-down menu on the right (under satellite icon) you'll see all trails in Mississauga. But as people mentioned here Culham trail is the only worthy one although it gets crowded on weekends. Another closest one is right on Etobicoke-Mississauga border it goes along Little Etobicoke Creek. I used to live nearby long time ago and it was a really nice trail with few water crossings but it might be developed by now.

mtbr member

Mississauga ontario

Quote Originally Posted by secret agent View Post
    Thanks! Culham trail is perfect. Not only that its near from where Im staying and I dont need to drive to the trail head. Thanks!:-)