mtbr member

Missing Garmin Edge 800-Lost or Stolen @ Albion Hills

Well, as I am prepping for a late day ride, I frantically searched unsuccessfully for my Garmin Edge 800. As some of you know, we sponsored a BBQ last night as the last Tuesday nighter of the season wrapped up. I either left it on the roof, drivers side, and drove away. Or someone graciously took it for themselves.

Either way, my bad for being irresponsible. I don't expect it to be returned, but if for whatever reason any kind soul finds it today at Albion at or near the big tree adjacent to the chalet and would like to return it, I would be extremely grateful. A new one isn't in the budget unfortunately, but may be a very unexpected expenditure. Thanks for reading...

Neil
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

mtbr member
    Sorry for your loss. Did you have some kind of finder fee reward on your boot-up-message (Garmin\startup.txt) when you configured it? As odd as it may seem many people have gotten there back for small messages like this "Call *** *** **** if found".

Just saying and I hope your unit finds it way back to you.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan67 View Post
    Sorry for your loss. Did you have some kind of finder fee reward on your boot-up-message (Garmin\startup.txt) when you configured it? As odd as it may seem many people have gotten there back for small messages like this "Call *** *** **** if found".
    Great idea! Will do that now for mine. Thanks.

PS sorry to the guy who lost his edge.... Hope you get lucky.
    Last edited by sputnikcdn; 08-28-2013 at 04:25 PM.

mtbr member
    Surely you checked with their lost and found? Good luck, I would cry if I lost mine.

mtbr member
    Rode 80% of Albion this morning , and did not see anything, however, there was a work crew clearing up markings from the tuesday night race. call they see if they found anything.
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    Thanks folks...I will reach out to the Tuesday night folks that may have been cleaning up today. It would have been on the ground near the chalet if it wasn't stolen off the roof of the car which was up on the grass.

Unfortunately, if it wasn't stolen, it's possible it didn't leave the roof until a later point on my exit from the park. I will check the lost and found, and with some friends doing clean up of the course...Otherwise I think I will be lucky to get it back.

Lemmy Rules!
    I can't imagine anyone there would have stolen it. Likely someone found it and does not know to whom to return it. Maybe call Sean and see if he will post anything on the Superfly site
    Strava made me do it....

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    I can't imagine anyone there would have stolen it. Likely someone found it and does not know to whom to return it. Maybe call Sean and see if he will post anything on the Superfly site
    Strange things happen...

I thought I lost my camera at the Christie Lake grand opening. Come Monday morning, I had pictures I wanted to download and I couldn't find the camera anywhere despite turning the house upside-down.

Fast forward to this past Sunday, almost two months later. I was out doing some work in the yard when a woman pulled up next to the house and introduced herself as a neighbour from about ten houses up the block. She handed me a camera and said "I think this is yours."

Sure enough, it was my camera. She recognized our house from the photos on the memory card. She had found it while she was cleaning up her son's room. He claimed that "some guy" "handed" it to him at Buskerfest (which I'd forgotten I visited...).

So, long story short, even "nice" people sometimes steal things but in the end, my faith in humanity was given a boost.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    True enough GM! There is the occasional surprise like that! I may make a stop at Albion on my way up north tonight just to see if I get lucky. I have a skill of finding things thanks to my boys misplacing toys. I suppose I see where they learned that from now!

We'll see if I can dig it up today lying on the ground somewhere. Not likely, but may be worth checking. Otherwise, a new toy is in the works. Garmin 510 here I come this afternoon if luck avoids me!

Evil Jr.
    The irony of course is that we finally buckled down a bought a replacement camera from Henry's on Friday. It arrived Monday morning.

So now we have two identical cameras sitting side-by-side, like techno-bookends. lol.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

That's not a W
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    The irony of course is that we finally buckled down a bought a replacement camera from Henry's on Friday. It arrived Monday morning.

So now we have two identical cameras sitting side-by-side, like techno-bookends. lol.
    Great story, garage monster! Hope you can return the new camera.

And I hope you area as lucky, mtbmeister. Losing a garmin sucks. I thought I lost mine earlier this year. I tore my house apart looking for it. I had just about given up when I had the random idea to look in my mtb shoe... and there it was.

Maybe try to replace it with something second hand?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    If you left the garmin on your roof, may have to retrace your driving steps...something similar happened to me with my cellphone...not sure how but it stayed on my roof for almost a kilometre until I heard it fall off...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    meister, check your pm or emails for message.

mtbr member
    Swing and a miss! Just dropped by the Chalet and retraced my path out of the park. No such luck finding the unit anywhere. Left my contact information in the office as the young ladies chuckled a little about whether someone would actually return it. I tend to agree, but I will be getting a new unit tout suite. If it's returned in working order, I will have a unit for sale for a very reasonable price!