Thread: Midland OCup

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Midland OCup

I will be doing the next Ocup in Midland, does anybody know if the weekly series there will run a course similar to the OCup? Is it open to everybody or only to club members? Not many chances to pre-ride there. Thanks.

All my faucets is Moen.
    From the Chico website...

Those dying for a sneak peek can also race the course during the previous two Thursday Night Series races. Check out www.mountainviewmidland.com for information on the series.

mtbr member
    Between the efforts of the Mountainview Cycling Club, and Sean coming out with some signs, snips, and his 4-wheeler yesterday, the Ocup PRELIMINARY course will be trimmed and set in time for this Thursday's race. I say preliminary, because we'll be using the lap times from the race to determine the final layout. The key sections (main climbs/descents/tech sections) will remain in place, but I wouldn't want someone to be sad if they'd figured out a sweet line only to find it removed from the course.

The Thursday race series is open to anyone who has their OCA/UCI licence, or is willing to purchase a 1-day permit.

I also need to strongly point out, that outside of the thursday night series, the trails are only open to MCC members on organized, OCA sanctioned rides. Any trail poachers will not be looked upon happily, though I hope we won't have to worry about that.

Evil Jr.
    Ooh, I'm really looking forward to this race! I missed the Provincials last year and heard nothing but good things about the course.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.