mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Marie Curtis Bike Park - Public Meeting - May 12th 7:00 pm

As some of you may know Marie Curtis Park is the proposed site for another Skills Park in Toronto.

There is a public consultation meeting to view the proposed design for the new park. This is a great opportunity to come out and see the plans and have your voice heard.

It would be great to see as many people out from the community as possible!

Please see the attached flyer for further details.
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quick reminder of the meeting tonight.

7pm at the Assembly Hall

Anyone else planning on attending? Would be great to see support behind this project from the riding community. The plan sounds amazing! Much more than 'just' dirt jumps. There is going to be something for everyone!

mtbr member

I'll be there!

Lemmy Rules!
    Sorry I didn't see this until after the meeting....can someone who was there post and let is know what happened? Thanks
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member

Their plan is to put shovels in the ground in 2015. The features that they showed exceeded my expectations! Something for all skill levels from green circle to double black diamond. They mentioned two pump tracks, one that would be suitable for 4 year olds on run bikes and the other for advanced users.
    Other park features include bermed corners, launch pads (big jumps) built with a steel frame and wood decking (to minimize the maintenance and ensure consultancy of the lips.

The park would be open from dawn to dusk.
    The councillor for the area was present and he the project has his full support.

Involuntary Memory
    Great to see this happening.
    Thanks for the representation at the meeting and the report MustGoFaster.
    In Search of Lost Time _______ Marcel Proust

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    This got coverage on CBC Radio 1 this morning - nice. They did also mention that the budget for it has not yet been approved by City Council - so talk to your councillors!

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl View Post
    This got coverage on CBC Radio 1 this morning - nice. They did also mention that the budget for it has not yet been approved by City Council - so talk to your councillors!
    Please do keep pressure on the Councillors. This makes now 3 in the last year and a half in Toronto.

Beare Rd Landfill Bike Park

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    The meeting had a VERY positive tone.

You are correct in the media coverage - I was interviewed by Here and Now yesterday eve., then the 11:00 news and again this Morning.
    Here is the clip from the news - starts around 11:06.
    News Toronto (Late Night) - May 12, 2014 - News Toronto (Late Night) - CBC Player

As MustGOFaster said the park is well above my expectations - wow! The proposal has it being built in 3 Phases to gradually increase the level of difficulty. The double black features are huge - this is the real deal. Well done Alpine Bike Parks!

Councillor Grimes seems really on side with the bike park and with the recent NETS document targeting Marie Curtis as a high priority area I can only hope this moves along quickly and finds funding.

It was great to see a number of members from the riding community out to support the project. Hopefully with continued support we see this moving forward.